• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Look for Magicbands is official!

Glad we will still be able to use the old style, but will we still be able to purchase them? I just bought custom MB for all 8 of us earlier this year, but might consider buying more if the old bands are being phased out for purchase. Maybe they'll keep the option at the create your own MB stations?
The old version will probably be available for a little bit but eventually will be phased out.

Glad we will still be able to use the old style, but will we still be able to purchase them? I just bought custom MB for all 8 of us earlier this year, but might consider buying more if the old bands are being phased out for purchase. Maybe they'll keep the option at the create your own MB stations?

The MagicBand team that I spoke with at destination d said that at some point the stands will be converted to the new bands. So there will be a period of time you can still get the old bands that way but it will not be indefinitely.

In some pics I have seen cute mickey heads that the puck can be popped into. Any idea how much these heads are and are they heavy?

I know there's no definite info yet but what do we think the chance of getting the new band is for a first week of January check in?

I know there's no definite info yet but what do we think the chance of getting the new band is for a first week of January check in?
I think its a toss up. I have read the ship ETA two different ways.

1. Start shipping FOR January trips
OR
1. Start shipping IN January

Plus, knowing Disney and their timelines lately. That makes me a bit less optimistic.

I think its a toss up. I have read the ship ETA two different ways.

1. Start shipping FOR January trips
OR
1. Start shipping IN January

Plus, knowing Disney and their timelines lately. That makes me a bit less optimistic.

I had a chance to talk to the magicband team during destination d and while still vague, this is the info I got..

1: Annual passholders who customize at the end of december will be surprised when they receive them in the mail in 2017. Sign up at the very end of the month and basically the first shipments of 2017 will be the new band. It will not indicate your getting the new band when you customize them on the website.

2: resort guests will have to wait longer and it was unclear how long that meant. However it sounds like January we'll be seeing the accessories and for purchase MB2.0s on property to buy. It lead me to believe they don't expect them until spring or summer.

3: the last place to get the new bands will be the customize your own band stations in springs and MK. again unknown.

I had a chance to talk to the magicband team during destination d and while still vague, this is the info I got..

1: Annual passholders who customize at the end of december will be surprised when they receive them in the mail in 2017. Sign up at the very end of the month and basically the first shipments of 2017 will be the new band. It will not indicate your getting the new band when you customize them on the website.

2: resort guests will have to wait longer and it was unclear how long that meant. However it sounds like January we'll be seeing the accessories and for purchase MB2.0s on property to buy. It lead me to believe they don't expect them until spring or summer.

3: the last place to get the new bands will be the customize your own band stations in springs and MK. again unknown.
Thanks for the response! I also just got an annual pass but if I understand correctly you don't get to customize your magic band until you activate your pass and of course I won't be activating until I'm there in January.

Thanks for the response! I also just got an annual pass but if I understand correctly you don't get to customize your magic band until you activate your pass and of course I won't be activating until I'm there in January.

Someone recently mentioned that you can customize and receive your bands before it's activated now. Just hold off as long as you can, it takes about 10 days after you customize it for them to arrive.

Someone recently mentioned that you can customize and receive your bands before it's activated now. Just hold off as long as you can, it takes about 10 days after you customize it for them to arrive.

I'd be interested to know if that is in fact true. When we bought our passes, we were told we would have to wait until we activated our passes to get our MBs (although we could just use our pair that we have used on past trips). We bought our passes back in September.

I read this morning that the new puck-style magic bands will be sent out to AP holders in December, and that they'll be sending them out to those with resort reservations starting in January. Is that confirmed? We're heading there January 18th and it would be great to get to see and use the new style bands!
slight_smile.png

I read this morning that the new puck-style magic bands will be sent out to AP holders in December, and that they'll be sending them out to those with resort reservations starting in January. Is that confirmed? We're heading there January 18th and it would be great to get to see and use the new style bands!

Not confirmed, and actually incorrect. AP holders who customize near the end of december will see them in January and resort guests will be after that but no time frame is known. This is straight from the magicband team when I spoke to them during destination d. They also confirmed that the website will not change so it'll be a surprise if you actually customized them at the right time to get them. They website will change when the resort bands start to be shipped with MB2.0

Last edited:
Not confirmed, and actually incorrect. AP holders who customize near the end of december will see them in January and resort guests will be after that but no time frame is known. This is straight from the magicband team when I spoke to them during destination d. They also confirmed that the website will not chance so it'll be a surprise if you actually customized them at the right time to get them. They website will change when the resort bands start to be shipped with MB2.0

Thank you for the info!

I have my AP bands chosen but have had them sent yet because I want the new style. Once other Dissers start posting that they have gotten the new ones I will click the "ship now" button and have mine mailed to me. I can still use my current ones until them. I actually have some en route for my trip in 25 days!!

Just me I guess....

AGAIN - What do the "NEW" bands do that the old ones did not? Not getting any real DATA on this.
A "Fashion Statement"? Please, enlighten me :).
They don't "do" anything new. Just able to remove the puck and put it in other options besides a band, so yes fashion/variety of style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter