• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Look for Magicbands is official!

The key chain idea would likely work for that part. It was just I don't want to carry that around like that. That is an alternative for sure but it would end up on the rental car keys and my husband would be carrying that. I'm not so certain he would want to be saddled with that in his pocket all the time. We don't bring big bags into the parks. We bring a small bag that is for scubba diving (although our phones will be bigger than last time so we might have to buy a slightly larger size because both phones won't fit in the smaller bag). If we're going on a water ride then the keys would go in that bag which clutters it up if you've got key chains to put in there too and I doubt we would want to just carry the puck around. For us I could totally see us losing it if it was by itself but that's just us.

I think Disney is trying to tap into making it so people can choose how they want to utilize the mickey head part so to speak. Some people will love the hands free don't have to wear it all the time idea and some people like me will not. There is no doubt that with having a removable (well sorta if its held with screws) part will create a lot of options for individual customization.

Maybe by the time I'll go there might be a better option (as far as holding the puck) that works out for me so who knows.

Thanks for the perspective. In my little Dooney clutch are usually straps for holding keys and that's what I bring in the parks, so I imagine I'll end up attaching my puck/keychain thing to that. Now, the real test for me, will be to see if I have to constantly pull it out. I'm also thinking about attaching the keychain to a carabiner clip to attach to my pants loop.

I'd bet any small watch/electronics screwdriver set would be fine since it looks like a phillips head screw. Between now and Christmas is a great time to purchase a set like this plus it's incredibly useful for all those other battery operated devices too.
Do you think security will let this in?

Thanks for the perspective. In my little Dooney clutch are usually straps for holding keys and that's what I bring in the parks, so I imagine I'll end up attaching my puck/keychain thing to that. Now, the real test for me, will be to see if I have to constantly pull it out. I'm also thinking about attaching the keychain to a carabiner clip to attach to my pants loop.
That is something I actually hadn't thought of which is having to take it out when you need it. I like the carabiner idea.

Are these expected these to start shipping with on-site reservations soon? If so, I want to dig up my old magic bands so I have the option between these two styles.

That is something I actually hadn't thought of which is having to take it out when you need it. I like the carabiner idea.
Yeah, something like this, which we use at my job
47671_large.jpg

Are these expected these to start shipping with on-site reservations soon? If so, I want to dig up my old magic bands so I have the option between these two styles.
Good question. I have a reservation for December and I haven't ordered our bands yet. I wonder if I should hold off a few more weeks.

I have the original Apple Watch but at eyeing up that series 2 watch.
Me too. Of course nobody really "needs" an Apple Watch but they are fun to play with. I've got the 38mm (small wrist) black sport so my series 2 watch will be something different. Not sure what yet.

The one picture shows a puck in a keychain that looks like all you would have to do is clip it on your belt loop.

upload_2016-11-18_12-6-1.png

I'm guessing? the places that sell Bands today will do the swap for you while you wait.

Sure, but what if you want to swap out in your room to coordinate an outfit? You'd have to remember to pack a screwdriver and that's why I'm hoping maybe they'll have a kit for purchase in the parks.

APs will get them first. They will start shipping for on site guests in December.

Ok, but generation one bands will still be able to be used right. When down there a couple weeks ago, we bought our whole family character bands for our trip next May.

Sure, but what if you want to swap out in your room to coordinate an outfit? You'd have to remember to pack a screwdriver and that's why I'm hoping maybe they'll have a kit for purchase in the parks.

Maybe if we're really lucky it's more like a screw that a coin can be used to turn (like some battery doors on remotes). Haven't seen a picture of the screws yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter