NEW Harambe Nights event Summer 2014 Animal Kingdom

I'm interested to see the difference between Premium and General seating... should be interesting. I wasn't able to get Premium tickets because of Disney's website glitches, unfortunately.

I called my IPO on this and she said they have gotten so many calls on this event.She said initially it was being handled like a Halloween or xmas party - 7:00 ticket enter at 4. She is saying not the case here. Can only enter th epark at 6.....But can park at 4. We agreed what someone is excpected to do in the florida sun in the parking lot from4 - 6 pm was anyone's guess but she said no admittance until 6:00...Not sure how true that is but I was temped to purchase last week but won't until I know for sure I have a few hours IN the park...We don't have AK as a park day this year so this would be nice way to see it....She is calling me back on the EXACT seating...as I don't do cattle calls well!!!!!I want PRE ASSIGNED seats..

IPO just called me back. 4 oclockentry....general admission seating...nothing assigned. Which brings me to visions ofFANTASMIC where everyone lines up an hour before it begins....Eh I think I am passing...after all that!!!!

IPO just called me back. 4 oclockentry....general admission seating...nothing assigned. Which brings me to visions ofFANTASMIC where everyone lines up an hour before it begins....Eh I think I am passing...after all that!!!!
Good news about the 4:00 entry. I had a feeling since it was ridiculous to park at 4:00 and stand around after that with no where to go.

I expected general seating and I'm ok with that. The only reason I'd line up and stand around to get in would be to be sure I got in. Since I know there are only enough tickets sold as can be seated in the theater I'm good with wherever we get to sit. I'm going to assume (may bite me to do so but oh well) that there won't be any awful seats.

Good news about the 4:00 entry. I had a feeling since it was ridiculous to park at 4:00 and stand around after that with no where to go.

I expected general seating and I'm ok with that. The only reason I'd line up and stand around to get in would be to be sure I got in. Since I know there are only enough tickets sold as can be seated in the theater I'm good with wherever we get to sit. I'm going to assume (may bite me to do so but oh well) that there won't be any awful seats.

Ithink the part I struggle with with no assigned seats are empty seats left here and there. How can you make sure a party of 4 stays together etc? That and the food.....DH is really picky about a buffet...and this seems to be mini buffets everywhere so how can all these little mini tables be attended to be a CM? Will be anxious to read the reviews, hopefully it isn't how I envision it.

4 oclock entry! Awesome to hear.

General seating, but if you have premium seating, those are supposed to be better than the "general" seating.

4 oclock entry! Awesome to hear.

General seating, but if you have premium seating, those are supposed to be better than the "general" seating.

yes premium is floor but they aren't sure if seats are staggered or just lined up in rows. Seems like no one know much!!!

Oh ok ... I saw the video of the new theater and there were rows of seats on the floor. I assume that would be the priority seating?? I guess we'll find out.

On a side note... I was able to just today to make FP+ reservations from 4 pm to 7 pm on July 5th, the day of my ticket at Animal Kingdom. In case anyone is wondering about that, it is possible with just the party ticket.

Oh ok ... I saw the video of the new theater and there were rows of seats on the floor. I assume that would be the priority seating?? I guess we'll find out.

On a side note... I was able to just today to make FP+ reservations from 4 pm to 7 pm on July 5th, the day of my ticket at Animal Kingdom. In case anyone is wondering about that, it is possible with just the party ticket.
Good to know. Granted, the FP system wouldn't know if you were going to use a ticket to the park that day or if you had a hard party ticket. Or were you able to book for the party without having any park tickets linked, only the party ticket?

Good to know. Granted, the FP system wouldn't know if you were going to use a ticket to the park that day or if you had a hard party ticket. Or were you able to book for the party without having any park tickets linked, only the party ticket?

Yes it does know. I only have the special event ticket linked. My Seasonal AP is linked but it's blacked out those dates. So it recognized my special event ticket. It actually knew that I could only choose AK for FPs too. LOL Because it only gave me AK as an option.

Yes it does know. I only have the special event ticket linked. My Seasonal AP is linked but it's blacked out those dates. So it recognized my special event ticket. It actually knew that I could only choose AK for FPs too. LOL Because it only gave me AK as an option.

Good deal. That seems to seal the deal on when you can get in. Makes me :cool1: since it gives us more time in AK. Means trying to do less on our designated park day, which means we can get out of there earlier.

Just read a detailed write up on wdw news regarding the HUGE menu for Harambe nights ! Wow!!! Sounds delicious!

Just confirming earlier reports that I was able to book FP+ for the party day without any other tickets (I do not have an AP).

Who's going on June 7th?

Any new news about when FOLTK will open?

Should be great. I hope some people bring kids to keep my 8 yo Daughter and 9 yo son entertained!

I appreciate all the info. If we do go in August we won't be buying park targets but think we might spring for this event. The 4:00 entry adds to the deal for us. Pricey but we have enjoyed all the special events and tours we have taken. Now I might not buy some summer concert tickets close to home but I think we will still have the better deal if we get to go to Harambe Nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter