NEW Harambe Nights event Summer 2014 Animal Kingdom

We are brining our kids, 12 and 14. It's my youngest's birthday the 7th... so I hope he won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I just found this thread, so I apologize for posting another.

I just changed my vacay details to come an extra day early and make the last night of the event! I am so stoked!!

Hoping for some reviews tomorrow night or on Sunday! :dance3:We are booked for July 19th and can't wait to start hearing about experiences from fellow dis'ers! :thumbsup2

I plan to update my live trip report throughout the night :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Can't wait to read how this event goes! We're going on June 28th.

DW has been pondering special "African" inspired outfits for us all. :)

Have fun tonight, to all who are going!!!!! Make sure to post some pics when you come back. I can't wait to see them.

Add me to the list that is anxiously awaiting the first of the reviews and subscribed to the live trip report. Gonna be to fun tonight, first I am seeing Widespread Panic and on top of that, I get to hear about HN! Not sure I can handle all that excitement in 1 night

Me too!
Erika , was reading your live tweets! --can't wait to hear the details ! What /how was the kiss goodnight?!?!?!

we went last night.......FANTASTIC!
the tree does twinkle like a scene in the Lion King movie.princess:

The event was awesome. I really felt pampered. There were CM's everywhere, even lighting your path all the way to the exit. Food was fantastic as was the entertainment. I didn't see very many kid friendly food options, but there were so many stations perhaps I missed it. Wine was great, beer was fairly basic, only one rum drink. I don't drink much, but I do like a mixed drink here and there, but that was not available even to purchase.

Lion King: concert in the wild was excellent, combining singing and dancing interspersed with clips from the movie. If I had to do it again, I would but I would leave the kids at home. They(8&9) were just too sleepy to enjoy it.
I really appreciated when there was a bus waiting for us soon as we walked out to take us to the dolphin. About 5 separate CM's asked us where we were going and pointed to the right bus. Seriously, service was completely over the top. Very well done, Disney!

It sounds like you had a magical night! I'm happy for you and your family. It sounds like a once in a lifetime experience!

I am very interested in going to Harambe Nights, but I'm worried that this expensive event may not have enough interest or food choices for my ds10 and dd13. Did you feel that your children were interested in the show? Were they able to find something to drink/eat?

Were you able to see well from your seats? I read a review where they said their view was obstructed slightly by the orchestra.

Did your family go into animal kingdom early and walk around animal kingdom or were you directed straight to the event venue?

What time did you eventually make it back to your hotel?

These would be deciding factors for me. I appreciate your help!

The event was awesome. I really felt pampered. There were CM's everywhere, even lighting your path all the way to the exit. Food was fantastic as was the entertainment. I didn't see very many kid friendly food options, but there were so many stations perhaps I missed it. Wine was great, beer was fairly basic, only one rum drink. I don't drink much, but I do like a mixed drink here and there, but that was not available even to purchase.

Lion King: concert in the wild was excellent, combining singing and dancing interspersed with clips from the movie. If I had to do it again, I would but I would leave the kids at home. They(8&9) were just too sleepy to enjoy it.
I really appreciated when there was a bus waiting for us soon as we walked out to take us to the dolphin. About 5 separate CM's asked us where we were going and pointed to the right bus. Seriously, service was completely over the top. Very well done, Disney!

Glad to hear buses were waiting when you left. I was wondering about that. Did you stay until the very end? What time did it end? Do you know if buses were running during the street party? I'm just not sure if we'll stay until the end, because we are scheduled for the sunrise safari the next morning. Thanks.

We were very pleased with everything at Harambe nights last night. Our 17 and 13 year old sons also loved it. Definitely felt like VIPs all evening. We stayed until 10:30 and were in a bus to AKV within 10 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter