NEW Harambe Nights event Summer 2014 Animal Kingdom

This is the first event that I would actually want to book for myself. I would love to be able to do this with just me and my DH.

I think $119 compared to $125 is comparable. PLUS, food and drinks are included. That puts it over the top. Most events like you're talking about don't include food and drinks.

However, you forget how many people don't care for the food, or don't want it. If it's a buffet self-serve style, many people don't care for it. Too much cross-contamination with germs and allergies.

Sounds great! Love AK especially in evening. Went for Premium seating on Aug. 9th. Pricing is on par considering length of event and inclusive offering. It will be a special night. :goodvibes

I pulled the plug. LOL

Yay!!!! So excited now. July 5th, Premium Seating... It's only $15 more!! LOL

I booked the same night with premium seating for me and my DD14 for our arrival night. It sounds amazing. DD is the biggest Lion King fan ever and she's been wanting to see the Broadway show for a while. I think this will be a great start to our first Disney trip! For me the food and drinks are a bonus. I rarely drink but may partake in a glass of wine, LOL.

I would do this is a heartbeat, but we will not be there any of the dates. This just looks like a blast, and a great way to enjoy AK at night. Jealous of all of you that are able to attend.

my thoughts exactly and we do a lot of extras at WDW - but this... just can't get past that price

Do you think it has to do with the price they're paying to bring in the celebrity narrators? I can't remember how much the Candlelight Processional is which also has them, but it doesn't include food or drinks.

Do you think it has to do with the price they're paying to bring in the celebrity narrators? I can't remember how much the Candlelight Processional is which also has them, but it doesn't include food or drinks.

Candlelight Processional is included in your park admission so it's kind of free.

booked June 7th!princess:

Me too!...

June 7th is my last night at WDW and I have an early flight back to Canada and will have to get the ME at around 2:30am!!!

But, I can't wait to be one of the first to see the new Harambe theater and participate in this event :goodvibes

I'm really hoping that the finale is a preview of the new Rivers of Light show ;)

That would be the icing on the cake, as they say :goodvibes

Made our reservations for June 7th! It is pricey but you get more than just The Lion King show. At this point, it's a limited time experience, so I'm just glad we'll be there this summer to go! Plus, I can't think of many times I've been disappointed in Disney special events!

We're a family of 5, so we're talking over $600. For one night.

It sounds fabulous. But way out of the price range for these two teachers.

All of you who are going-- have a wonderful time!!! And tell us all about it!

We're a family of 5, so we're talking over $600. For one night.

It sounds fabulous. But way out of the price range for these two teachers.

All of you who are going-- have a wonderful time!!! And tell us all about it!

That's the internal debate we're having right now, too! We have a party of 4 (all adults) and we're also teachers! There is NO doubt it's a great value for what you're getting, and it's a unique experience which is only offered for a limited time (which adds value,) but it's hard to come up with $500 up front to do it, you know? We're still debating :)

I emailed the link to my brother in law and sister in law yesterday-- they're probably in a better financial place to take advantage.

But I didn't even mention it to my husband....his blood pressure doesn't need the hit.

Me too!...

June 7th is my last night at WDW and I have an early flight back to Canada and will have to get the ME at around 2:30am!!! yikes

But, I can't wait to be one of the first to see the new Harambe theater and participate in this event :goodvibes

I'm really hoping that the finale is a preview of the new Rivers of Light show ;)

That would be the icing on the cake, as they say :goodvibes
yes!

Booked Premium seats for July 19th!! We are definitely "meant" to go to this. I knew we only had one Saturday at Disney this summer, and I figured that going to this would really mess with some other ADR or something else that I had already planned. When I looked at my tentative schedule, we were already going to be at AK that day and did not have ADR's! Add to the fact that we are staying at AKL, this was perfect with our "theme" this trip! We are really looking forward to it!:cool1:

Well, thought about it a little bit and would love to go but I think, in the end, with my food allergy it would just be paying a lot of money and not getting to eat much. I know Disney is great with allergies but I can't imagine how you can possibly check each ingredient for a special event like this. :sad2: I'm looking forward to hearing the first reports though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter