New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, that's how I was looking at it too. But PP said they were tying to use it on Thursday at 11:40, not Friday. So that blew the theory out of the water
I think you're still missing the point.
Closing on Thursday would be SIX calendar days. Closing on FRIDAY would be SEVEN calendar days.
1140 on Friday would be seven 24 hour periods.

MG

I wanted to let everyone know of an issue I had with Express Transportation today (Thursday 2/2). I wanted to go from MK to EP on the 1140 bus. I had purchased 7 days of express last Friday (1/27)at about 1100. When the CM scanned by band, it came up that I was not eligible and no longer had express transportation. After some discussion, the CM stated that computer system deactivates express on day 7 at the time of purchase on day 1. They did let me on the bus, but I pointed out that this is really then only 6 days of transportation. They were able to look up that I purchased it and let me on the bus with no problems other than a slight delay. The CM stated that the program was still a pilot with bugs, but I will follow up with feedback to Disney.

The message is to keep track of when you bought and have them either give you a receipt or email a receipt. The CM asked for either, neither of which I had since they can't print a receipt at purchase and I declined the email.
The same thing happened to me, but I did have the email receipt & it wasn't an issue. I'm disappointed to hear that this hasn't been fixed yet & am confused as to why it was ever programmed this way. I sent an email about it & received a phone call asking for more details, so they've known about it for about a month.

Let's assume that the tickets are programmed by day & even a ticket purchased at 8 PM on Friday would only be good for Friday.

1 - Friday
2 - Saturday
3 - Sunday
4 - Monday
5 - Tuesday
6 - Wednesday
7 - Thursday

No matter how you look at it, hour-to-hour or day-to-day, Thursday is CLEARLY included in a 7-Day ticket purchased on Friday. Disney IT screwed this one up. I feel for the CMs who have to clean up this mess with guests who might not take kindly to being delayed.

The same thing happened to me, but I did have the email receipt & it wasn't an issue. I'm disappointed to hear that this hasn't been fixed yet & am confused as to why it was ever programmed this way. I sent an email about it & received a phone call asking for more details, so they've known about it for about a month.

Let's assume that the tickets are programmed by day & even a ticket purchased at 8 PM on Friday would only be good for Friday.

1 - Friday
2 - Saturday
3 - Sunday
4 - Monday
5 - Tuesday
6 - Wednesday
7 - Thursday

No matter how you look at it, hour-to-hour or day-to-day, Thursday is CLEARLY included in a 7-Day ticket purchased on Friday. Disney IT screwed this one up. I feel for the CMs who have to clean up this mess with guests who might not take kindly to being delayed.
For the purposes of you post you are correct.
Of course your numbering is incorrect however. That's not quite how calendar days work.

If purchased on Friday, 1 calendar day would be used at the end of Saturday, 2 by the end of Sunday...... 7 by the end of Friday.

MG

For the purposes of you post you are correct.
Of course your numbering is incorrect however. That's not quite how calendar days work.

If purchased on Friday, 1 calendar day would be used at the end of Saturday, 2 by the end of Sunday...... 7 by the end of Friday.

MG
Yes, but I was not counting calendar days.

Indeed. In addition, I took the postings here for Gospel. I don't see in the formal description where it says "the end of the 7th calendar day".
Unless I missed it..??

So... who really knows??

MG

I thought it applied to the number of days you had purchased. If Friday is the first day of purchase, then Thursday is the last day of using the service, a total of 7 days despite what hour of the day it is purchased on Friday.

I will definitely keep my receipt with me.

I thought it applied to the number of days you had purchased. If Friday is the first day of purchase, then Thursday is the last day of using the service, a total of 7 days despite what hour of the day it is purchased on Friday.

I think that's how it's intended, despite this glitch. Just like a 7 Day ticket. They aren't good from the hour of purchase but for the days

We have reservations at the GF beginning on May 12th. We received a booklet about our upcoming stay but we haven't received any information about this transportation option. I wonder if this means that they will not continue it in May? I thought I remember reading that Disney promoted it to other guests prior to their stay.

Last edited:
We have reservations at the GF beginning on May 12th. We received a booklet about our upcoming stay but we haven't received any information about this transportation option. I wonder if this means that they will not continue it in May? I thought I remember reading that Disney promoted it to other guests prior to their stay.
Via email, no mailings.

Indeed... Usually businesses will not count day 1 as a calendar day simply for the reasons stated here. It may not be a full day.
I find it easier to think of calendar months. Same logic, but easier to see for me.
I need a physical every 6 calendar months for my job. My cycle for the past 20 years has been June and December. If you count the month I take the Physical in June, it would be seven months until December.

That said, Disney could have a different way of looking at it.

MG

We used this service last week on our vacation to WDW. It was awesome. For most trips, we were the only ones on the bus and it felt like our own personal transportation system. We hopped way more than we typically do because it was so easy to hop over to another park for a fastpass and some other attractions and then back again or to yet another park. We especially liked it on those days the park we were at got suddenly crowded. We checked wait times elsewhere and just changed our plans. I would definitely use this service again.

We used this service last week on our vacation to WDW. It was awesome. For most trips, we were the only ones on the bus and it felt like our own personal transportation system. We hopped way more than we typically do because it was so easy to hop over to another park for a fastpass and some other attractions and then back again or to yet another park. We especially liked it on those days the park we were at got suddenly crowded. We checked wait times elsewhere and just changed our plans. I would definitely use this service again.
Thanks for the review, going to try this week of March 8th :)

Besides MK, what time where you hopping to other parks and getting FP for decent rides. I haven't been there in two years and last time, it seemed like all the good FP were gone at all the other parks.

:goodvibesI'm so glad to hear happy reviews on this. I was considering it for our trip next week since we'll only have 4 days there. This will make it easy to do am EMH and then hop to the parks we originally planned to visit & have FPs already booked for 9:05-10:05.

I realize this probably has been discussed but I can't read over 60 pages (it's my bedtime but I am so excited!). How long is the ride from MK to Epcot or HS? I plan to use the stopwatch setting on my phone when we're there. Normally, I'm quite oblivious to the time while on vacation but for this I'd like to know for future reference.

I will have plenty of reading material on the train ride into work tomorrow! :hyper:

:goodvibesI'm so glad to hear happy reviews on this. I was considering it for our trip next week since we'll only have 4 days there. This will make it easy to do am EMH and then hop to the parks we originally planned to visit & have FPs already booked for 9:05-10:05.

I realize this probably has been discussed but I can't read over 60 pages (it's my bedtime but I am so excited!). How long is the ride from MK to Epcot or HS? I plan to use the stopwatch setting on my phone when we're there. Normally, I'm quite oblivious to the time while on vacation but for this I'd like to know for future reference.

I will have plenty of reading material on the train ride into work tomorrow! :hyper:
The Express Bus transport begins at 10:00a with a staggered schedule. See Post #1135.

You'll probably miss your 9:05 FPs because the grace period will only extend to 10:20a at the latest.

The Express Bus transport begins at 10:00a with a staggered schedule. See Post #1135.

You'll probably miss your 9:05 FPs because the grace period will only extend to 10:20a at the latest.

I understand how often it leaves but my question was how long is the actual bus ride? I'm thinking, from HS to Epcot probably isn't very long going on back roads with no traffic. Maybe 10 mins?
On our Epcot day, we could still run to HS for am EMH, maybe just to ride Toy Story, then leave at 9:00 and have 1 hr 5 mins to catch our first FP at Epcot which is Spaceship Earth. I would think AK to MK would require more time for the ride itself.

By the way, thank you for the chart; that is very helpful for planning when we need to be at the kiosk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter