• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar thoughts here! We're doing AK on our resort switching day. Check out of BCV, 11am ADR at Beaches & Cream, first FP at AK is 1:30 Safari (planning on 2pm). Contemplating Uber to CR , walk to MK, then express bus to AK so that we're dropped off near Safari and can work our way from there through the park! Especially true if the metal detectors are set up on the CR path anyway! Don't think it would be faster, but if DH decides he wants to transport our stuff ourselves so it's there if we get back earlier, it could be fun!

Here's how lazy I was the day we did the 4 park challenge- My grandson was clearly getting tired so by the time we got to AK, we decided to call it a night for him. We were at AK until closing, my daughter and son-in-law were still going strong and ready for Epcot and Illuminations. For me, rather than face the long walk to the AOA bus and the long lines from a closing park, I opted to use the express bus and ride to Epcot with them. Once there, it was a much shorter walk to the resort bus and because Epcot was still open, no waiting in line to board or standing for the trip to the resort. There was actually a bus at the stop and we got right on. So even walking from the tree of life back to the express service was a much better alternative than walking to the resort bus.

It's difficult to get across just how easy using this service is and how much time it saves as well as footsteps. I wish they had express service to the resorts!! Never satisfied...;)
It really is a great service, from the beginning I knew it was a win. I really hope it stays for everyone's enjoyment

I got one for my self and my friend and they needed both our magic bands as they put the ticket on your band or card
No, not possible. Bands can't/don't hold data. All they do is allow the scanner to read the info on your MDE account.
They are like your ATM card. The card allows the ATM machine to see what is in your bank account. The money is held in the bank like your account info is held in MDE. The MB is just the key to get in
They load the ticket in to your MDE account.

No, not possible. Bands can't/don't hold data. All they do is allow the scanner to read the info on your MDE account.
They are like your ATM card. The card allows the ATM machine to see what is in your bank account. The money is held in the bank like your account info is held in MDE. The MB is just the key to get in
Sorry I said it wrong but they needed her band I asked if I could do it all on my band (we are liked to MDE ) they said no they needed her band too I think it is like SOTMK game that it is linked to the band/card it self

No, not possible. Bands can't hold data. All they do is allow the scanner to read the info on your MDE account.

That analogy to an ATM card is the single best description of a magic band that I've seen. It instantly helps me mentally internalize the idea that I've read countless times--namely, that magic bands don't hold data themselves but rather merely unlock the info in your MDE account. Saying they're like an ATM is instantly understood. Thank you!!

Sorry I said it wrong but they needed her band I asked if I could do it all on my band (we are liked to MDE ) they said no they needed her band too I think it is like SOTMK game that it is linked to the band/card it self
You are linked in MDE but she has her own account too? That is probably it

As I recall, AK is the longest walk but a fraction of the walk it is to the regular bus stops. None of them are far enough away to even compare with walking to a bus.

Looking at the new maps on WDW, I can't understand how the one from Epcot is that great. It looks extremely close to the bus area. Maybe it looks deceiving. I feel like something inside the park would have been better.

Looking at the new maps on WDW, I can't understand how the one from Epcot is that great. It looks extremely close to the bus area. Maybe it looks deceiving. I feel like something inside the park would have been better.

That may have been one of the few places they could get busses into...From what I understand, some of the backstage areas at Epcot are logistically difficult to move large vehicles.

My understanding is that it is inside the park, near spaceship earth, on the left hand side when entering the park. But yes, it isn't far from the entrance and I think the main perk there is just the ease of skipping the security at your destination.

The Epcot location is inside the park to the left of Spaceship Earth after you enter- just the other side of the restrooms. Even though it is at the front of the park, I personally feel that it is still an advantage over the regular busses because the regular bus stop is still pretty far from the main park entrance. The monorail may be closer but you have to change monorails to get to MK.

They can only have the express locations where they have room to put the busses. It's still inside the park and a shorter walk than to the busses. Having actually tried the system out for a week, I can tell you it wouldn't matter where they put the pick up point, it will always be quicker to use the express bus. You know the exact time the bus will leave, you can schedule your touring to be in the area of the pick up point, you don't have to stand in line waiting for a bus with no long walk to the entrance of the next park and no security checks.

There are times when it would be more convenient for it to located more centrally located, other times its more convenient where it is. It depends on where you wind up when you're ready to leave and what you are wanting to do when you arrive there.

Like others have said it is inside the park, the buses are outside all the way to the right if your facing spaceship earth. But one of the suggestions from everyone who has used this service is for them to add another stop somewhere at world showcase, that would make it perfect
That may have been one of the few places they could get busses into...From what I understand, some of the backstage areas at Epcot are logistically difficult to move large vehicles.
Actually they have space for buses on world showcase, from personal experience my kids drive on buses when they have performed during candlelight processional and they get dropped off right behind Italy.

Like others have said it is inside the park, the buses are outside all the way to the right if your facing spaceship earth. But one of the suggestions from everyone who has used this service is for them to add another stop somewhere at world showcase, that would make it perfect

Actually they have space for buses on world showcase, from personal experience my kids drive on buses when they have performed during candlelight processional and they get dropped off right behind Italy.

Adding another stop in WS would be perfect! This makes park hopping to WS for lunch or dinner so much easier. I may not be using the service if I plan to take a resort break after lunch then hop to another park later, but I would love to hop from other parks to WS for lunch then back to hotel for a break from the heat. I will be staying at Beach Club and this would be perfect. I can even go back to WS for a drink or dinner before hopping to another park for the rest of the day. This will really change how we tour WDW! (I can still do this with the existing stops but walking from FW to WS for a meal is not too appealing when you have to deal with August heat.)
pixiedust:

Yep, we did the Backstage Magic tour and there is plenty of room in WS to get a bus, and a bus load of people. We were taken in behind the US Pavilion. You don't even see any areas that would be considered risky either. it would be an ideal spot to drop off and pick up people.
We'll be using it next week and I plan to stress how much benefit they would see out of a WS drop point.

Ok I have a question. I have tried reading through all 55 pages but I don't recall seeing this. So I am not getting a package for my stay. I am renting points for DVC and then buying my tickets and dining plan separately. Can I still use this service, or is it just for guests who book with a package?

Ok I have a question. I have tried reading through all 55 pages but I don't recall seeing this. So I am not getting a package for my stay. I am renting points for DVC and then buying my tickets and dining plan separately. Can I still use this service, or is it just for guests who book with a package?
All you have to have is park hoppers

Thanks!! that is what I thought but just wanted to make sure. I am definately going to have park hoppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter