• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some have reported being able to, some not. We were not able to do this at AOA and were told it was because our tickets were purchased separately. Not sure if that's accurate or not, but regardless, we couldn't do it.

Hmm...Thanks for the info. I guess its worth a try at least? :) We're arriving at different times--she'll be in the parks when I arrive at the resort, so might as well try.

Hmm...Thanks for the info. I guess its worth a try at least? :) We're arriving at different times--she'll be in the parks when I arrive at the resort, so might as well try.

It certainly won't hurt, but you'd actually need to have her band to do it. Not sure how they do it without the bands.

I noticed this morning that they have added the "bus stops" for this service to the MDE app. I've never programmed an app, but I would think it's probably a bit more work than adding a website page....but I could be totally off. It makes me think they are really trying to embrace the program if they made even more effort by adding it to the app. It's under the guest services tab at the top.

The CMs do have access to your MDE account based on the room reservation. If the resort can add on Express Busing, it can be done on their end and you don't need her MB.

Contemp added FPs onto our MDE account and all they needed was our room number.

I noticed this morning that they have added the "bus stops" for this service to the MDE app. I've never programmed an app, but I would think it's probably a bit more work than adding a website page....but I could be totally off. It makes me think they are really trying to embrace the program if they made even more effort by adding it to the app. It's under the guest services tab at the top.
Sounds promising!!!!

The CMs do have access to your MDE account based on the room reservation. If the resort can add on Express Busing, it can be done on their end and you don't need her MB.

Contemp added FPs onto our MDE account and all they needed was our room number.

Oh good! I'll definitely try at the resort. If not, I figure I can still do it at the MK before meeting up with her. I'm optimistic. :) Thanks!

where on the app did you find this?? I don't see it anywhere :worried:

It certainly won't hurt, but you'd actually need to have her band to do it. Not sure how they do it without the bands.

When we got ours they never scanned our bands at all, never checked if we had hoppers or anything. They just put the express pass on a card.

When we got ours they never scanned our bands at all, never checked if we had hoppers or anything. They just put the express pass on a card.

I'm not sure they had the ability to put it on bands at first. When we added it at guest services at HS, they put it directly on each persons band.

Just to clarify for others: nothing (Express Bus Pass, tickets, FPs) is on a MagicBand. All data is linked to the MDE account and the MB provides the link to the data.

Guests who would like to use the Express Bus for park hopping do not need MagicBands nor an MDE account. Tickets for Express Busing can be purchased at sites listed in this thread.

We had room and tickets as part of a package at Wilderness Lodge. When I checked in I asked for this service to be added for our party of 5. The concierge added it to our account then and there. The rest of my group were already on their way to the room. It is definitely a game changer if you plan to hop. Here's hoping it can be purchased in advance via the website before our next visit in December... at the same price! :smooth:

Just to clarify for others: nothing (Express Bus Pass, tickets, FPs) is on a MagicBand. All data is linked to the MDE account and the MB provides the link to the data.

I think of my MB as a paperless ticket. :) While not necessary at all, I love not having to deal with keeping track of anything. Just having to pull out my discount card for the AP drove me up the wall. The fact that I forgot to take my band off and lost it somewhere between Orlando and home might explain my reasons. Luckily it was a generic and I have a box full of them.

I saw one note that stated the walk to the bus in AK backstage is really long, as long as back out to regular busses. Anybody else have feedback on AK and the other parks for how far the hike is to catch shuttles?

I saw one note that stated the walk to the bus in AK backstage is really long, as long as back out to regular busses. Anybody else have feedback on AK and the other parks for how far the hike is to catch shuttles?
From the check-in points, the walks are no where near as long as walking to a park exit and over to the bus stops outside the parks.

As I recall, AK is the longest walk but a fraction of the walk it is to the regular bus stops. None of them are far enough away to even compare with walking to a bus.

It's by the safari. So depends on where you are as to how long the walk is. Should help you get a point of reference

I don't recall the backstage portion of the walk at AK being overly long, definitely no more than a couple hundred yards. It is, however, the longest of the 4 as you walk past the lot where all the safari vehicles are parked.

If you are familiar with AK, the walk from the bus stop to the entrance of safari is the length is the FOTLK theater and Tusker house, you walk by these two buildings. If you're not familiar I would say the length of a regular city block, not long at all

If you are familiar with AK, the walk from the bus stop to the entrance of safari is the length is the FOTLK theater and Tusker house, you walk by these two buildings. If you're not familiar I would say the length of a regular city block, not long at all

Here's how lazy I was the day we did the 4 park challenge- My grandson was clearly getting tired so by the time we got to AK, we decided to call it a night for him. We were at AK until closing, my daughter and son-in-law were still going strong and ready for Epcot and Illuminations. For me, rather than face the long walk to the AOA bus and the long lines from a closing park, I opted to use the express bus and ride to Epcot with them. Once there, it was a much shorter walk to the resort bus and because Epcot was still open, no waiting in line to board or standing for the trip to the resort. There was actually a bus at the stop and we got right on. So even walking from the tree of life back to the express service was a much better alternative than walking to the resort bus.

It's difficult to get across just how easy using this service is and how much time it saves as well as footsteps. I wish they had express service to the resorts!! Never satisfied...;)

Here's how lazy I was the day we did the 4 park challenge- My grandson was clearly getting tired so by the time we got to AK, we decided to call it a night for him. We were at AK until closing, my daughter and son-in-law were still going strong and ready for Epcot and Illuminations. For me, rather than face the long walk to the AOA bus and the long lines from a closing park, I opted to use the express bus and ride to Epcot with them. Once there, it was a much shorter walk to the resort bus and because Epcot was still open, no waiting in line to board or standing for the trip to the resort. There was actually a bus at the stop and we got right on. So even walking from the tree of life back to the express service was a much better alternative than walking to the resort bus.

It's difficult to get across just how easy using this service is and how much time it saves as well as footsteps. I wish they had express service to the resorts!! Never satisfied...;)

Don't feel lazy...I'm considering doing this going from HS to MK to the GF for tea or for the boat back to WL. If I get to choose where I walk, I'd much rather walk back through MK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter