• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a regular Disney park bus, right? Not the ME Mears bus or something else?

Arrived at ak at 11:06
Backstage area: back of safari, safari animal houses and plant nursery that they use to feed the animals, and the sunset screen from safari from the back
The route was supposed to be behind Pandora but there's too much construction
Dropped off, handed from one plaid to the next, walked behind FotLK show building
Going on safari now,once you buy your service you can link it to your mb, no need for an extra ticket
Sounds like the same entry point we used for the old Sunrise Safari tour

So it took you 16 minutes to got from one park to another not bad I do hope this last I want to use it for my April trip

Is the only way to add this right now in the parks at guest services? You can't do it in advance before you leave, correct? What about at the hotel?

As someone who has spent the better part of his life since 12 years of age "behind the curtain," throwing the levers and twisting the knobs, it's just as magical to ME to see "how it works" as it is to actually see it work.

Then why do so many other theme/amusement parks copy the Main Street model?

Guests have an emotional attachment to the castle experience. This isn't my idea, it is the original idea of the park! Main St. sets the stage for the show. The train station acts as a curtain, so that you can't see the castle from outside the park.

If it doesn't matter, then why do so many DISers get upset if the castle view is obstructed by a crane or construction tarp?

The backside of Magic is like the backside of Water.

Some folks' sensibilities are are more easily jostled than others.

As someone who has spent the better part of his life since 12 years of age "behind the curtain," throwing the levers and twisting the knobs, it's just as magical to ME to see "how it works" as it is to actually see it work.

Have to disagree, though you note not all people will think like this.

Used to be into magic, grew up loving david copperfield, so at some point my parents thought it would be a good idea to get me into -doing- magic. That was the end of it for me. Its neat and cool to see how its done, but it ruins the MAGIC. I stuck with it for a while, and I thought it was cool and learned some good tricks and other people thought it was great, but my enjoyment was changed. It becomes something different. You might still like it, you might think its awesome and compelling and interesting, but the illusion is gone. The Magic is predicated on not knowing what happens behind the scenes. You can then marvel at it as an achievement in performance or engineering, etc, but, to me and I think to most people, its no longer "magic".

I am going between Christmas and New Years. Can I do this for a 7 am MK opening? Can I do this for the full week?
I'll look on the first page to see if there are prices, but having a quicker service during Christmas and New Years may be priceless.

oops, just read the first page and see I need a hopper :(

Thank you.

I kind of expect they will operate on a schedule.

Except then you'll have guests queuing up for the expected bus. If you wait for 15minutes for this NEW bus, then you just lost the benefit of this new service.

And if the bus fills up? Sorry, you should have gotten here sooner.

This is like when they had 30minute wait at the fastpass kiosk. If you have to wait 30mintues to get a FP, then it isn't a benefit. or when they replaced walk up table service with ADR's. We used to be able to dine at WDW without ADR's. now we're forced to structure our day around ADR's.

For some reason people forget that waiting is waiting.

Think about how this is going to play out. ;)

This echoes a similar thought that I had.

Using busses, they do pull from the fleet and drivers available to the parks in general.

If very few people pay for the service it's not a moneymaker nor is it a very green option.

If too many people pay for the service the system gets clogged and doesn't work any better than the free transportation; may in fact be worse because you've now paid for the "privilege" of longer waits.

I personally do not believe $15/day & $24/7 days is that sweet price point, but it will be interesting to see how and where this goes.

I am going between Christmas and New Years. Can I do this for a 7 am MK opening? Can I do this for the full week?
I'll look on the first page to see if there are prices, but having a quicker service during Christmas and New Years may be priceless.

oops, just read the first page and see I need a hopper :(

Thank you.
And it doesn't begin until 10:00 AM, with hopper tickets (or AP)

This echoes a similar thought that I had.

Using busses, they do pull from the fleet and drivers available to the parks in general.

If very few people pay for the service it's not a moneymaker nor is it a very green option.

If too many people pay for the service the system gets clogged and doesn't work any better than the free transportation; may in fact be worse because you've now paid for the "privilege" of longer waits.

I personally do not believe $15/day & $24/7 days is that sweet price point, but it will be interesting to see how and where this goes.
I believe it's been reported today that this is not pulling from any drivers or buses scheduled for the regular, free service. These are being added to the service that day. Without this service, these buses would be parked. At least that's how I understood it but I haven't gone back to read the reports thus far today to refresh what I read

I believe it's been reported today that this is not pulling from any drivers or buses scheduled for the regular, free service. These are being added to the service that day. Without this service, these buses would be parked. At least that's how I understood it but I haven't gone back to read the reports thus far today to refresh what I read
That was also my understanding. Appears to be buses that are specifically dedicated for the Express hopping service.

I do hope they extend it past a month. I'm planning on using it for my 4 park day on the 9th.

It's good to hear that the 7 days aren't consecutive, though. I'm taking a break day during my trip for the races.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter