• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that all the areas they've set up for this service are so minimally back stage and not at all anywhere near where a character goes that the above will be a non issue. Even photos that are sneaked are going to show nothing. I am going to go out on another limb and say that Disney will have set up things to block anything that could be seen (aka, the way they would the walk through out of MK before they reworked it) using the bushes in carts trick.
Hoping you are correct, Angi. :)

When 'new' Fantasyland was being built, riders on Dumbo could view backstage areas and complained that characters were holding their heads rather than wearing them. Did Disney redo walls to block the view? No, all character performers had to remain in full costume even though it was a long walk to the nearest breakroom. :oops:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that all the areas they've set up for this service are so minimally back stage and not at all anywhere near where a character goes that the above will be a non issue. Even photos that are sneaked are going to show nothing. I am going to go out on another limb and say that Disney will have set up things to block anything that could be seen (aka, the way they would the walk through out of MK before they reworked it) using the bushes in carts trick.
I have been back stage in all these place but Ak and you are right not much too see

I have been back stage in all these place but Ak and you are right not much too see

Agreed. I am 99% certain the 'backstage' part is going to be a complete non issue. My only concern would be wait times but even with a wait, I am thinking the benefit of not going through security again will make up for it.

Looking forward to hearing the reports!

This really would not be something we would use. Only if there is a time crunch. If you plan you day right, you won't need this.

I see it as another money grab by Disney.

Something that occurred to me that will be very interesting to get an answer to, and will likely relate directly to speed, how many buses are there every 30 min? Does everyone at park A load one bus or will Park A have 4 buses, 1 bus per park? Obviously, if they have 1 bus pick up guests going to 4 different parks it's going to be a long wait for the 4th park. That will likely kill any time savings

and also what about scooters/wheelchairs adding to the time crunch as well as capacity?

and also what about scooters/wheelchairs adding to the time crunch as well as capacity?
The most any bus can take is 2. It probably wouldn't impact time that much. Chances are even better you'll have at least 1 if you went to the bus in the front of the park too.

Further thought, I'm not sure how often folks have used the current park to park buses. We do fairly often, at least once every trip. They are typically all 4 together so you can see how many are there for a given park. I've never seen long lines at any of the stops, 5, 6 guests on avg. Now, we have only tried in the middle of the day, not at park closing, so I'm sure that makes a huge difference. But mid day, I'm going to guess there aren't going to be huge lines or an excessive amount of ECV users. But, I wouldn't use it if they put all 4 parks worth of guests on 1 bus.

I am guessing that you will go and say you are at MK and want to go to EPCOT then you will tell the person where you want to go and if there is no one else then they take just you, or may be have 2 busses from the MK one bus goes to EPCOT and HS the other one goes to AK. I do not think there will be a lot of people going at the same time but really the MK is the only park that is away form all others. I do think it will save time if you go to MK in the morning and end at space, buzz or some where close and have FP at HS for TT or RNR this could be a big time saver not having to go through Bag check.

The most any bus can take is 2. It probably wouldn't impact time that much. Chances are even better you'll have at least 1 if you went to the bus in the front of the park too.
No I understand the capacity, but that's coming from resorts. I'm kinda wondering what would happen if you had 3 show up for the next bus...

Further thought, I'm not sure how often folks have used the current park to park buses. We do fairly often, at least once every trip. They are typically all 4 together so you can see how many are there for a given park. I've never seen long lines at any of the stops, 5, 6 guests on avg. Now, we have only tried in the middle of the day, not at park closing, so I'm sure that makes a huge difference. But mid day, I'm going to guess there aren't going to be huge lines or an excessive amount of ECV users. But, I wouldn't use it if they put all 4 parks worth of guests on 1 bus.
I hope a lot and I find HS to be really bad I do not know how many times people get in the wrong line for a buss only to find when the buss gets there they want to move other to the right buss normally this is not a problem but a few times when a lot of us ( at lest 2 buss full of people ) where waiting and people did not like the cutting in line. ( I think something happened that caused the buss not to be there that fast might have been the monorail accident a year or two ago when the busses had to go all the way around MK) but they did have another buss waiting.

I guess you'd feel bad for the third person :(

right? :(

In full disclosure, this is not a service I can see myself using. I'm not saying I wouldn't ever use it, but it wouldn't be something I'd plan to use as we currently tour. We're generally one park per day people unless we have a party or event in the evening at a different park. We usually go back to our resort before the switch anyway and on day trips, my car is sitting in the parking lot.

However, I am very interested in how this will work and will follow reviews and new information as it becomes available. I am genuinely curious as to how they'll deal with more than a bus load waiting for the service, times that the service will pick up/drop off, how many buses are running, dedicated routes, and so on.

Most WDW buses will take 2, but there are buses that will take up to four.

Yeah I thought of that too after I mentioned it, but have you ever seen 4 people try and load their scooters on there? Then you have to deal with the 12 people who just lost seats.:crowded:

Something that occurred to me that will be very interesting to get an answer to, and will likely relate directly to speed, how many buses are there every 30 min? Does everyone at park A load one bus or will Park A have 4 buses, 1 bus per park? Obviously, if they have 1 bus pick up guests going to 4 different parks it's going to be a long wait for the 4th park. That will likely kill any time savings

Very good question. One would have to think they would have to have 4 buses...I hope.

Yes, many times.
No one ever lost their seats.

Well you must have had some really experienced riders then because I've witnessed them crash into lots of stuff, lol!

What I mean is with 4 scooters on the bus the capacity for passengers that can sit has been diminished. Also, I've seen drivers ask seated people in the scooter areas to give up their seats, so yes, the able bodied lose their seats quite often. I'm not saying people in scooters don't have a right to ride and I think you misunderstand what my point is. I'm simply speculating on how they'll deal with capacity issues,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter