• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
right? :(

In full disclosure, this is not a service I can see myself using. I'm not saying I wouldn't ever use it, but it wouldn't be something I'd plan to use as we currently tour. We're generally one park per day people unless we have a party or event in the evening at a different park. We usually go back to our resort before the switch anyway and on day trips, my car is sitting in the parking lot.

However, I am very interested in how this will work and will follow reviews and new information as it becomes available. I am genuinely curious as to how they'll deal with more than a bus load waiting for the service, times that the service will pick up/drop off, how many buses are running, dedicated routes, and so on.

I definitely think this next trip I could get use out of it. But I'd rather hear the reviews first like you said.

Something that occurred to me that will be very interesting to get an answer to, and will likely relate directly to speed, how many buses are there every 30 min? Does everyone at park A load one bus or will Park A have 4 buses, 1 bus per park? Obviously, if they have 1 bus pick up guests going to 4 different parks it's going to be a long wait for the 4th park. That will likely kill any time savings
I was about to post this very question. The answer to this will likely determine my interest level!

Hmmmm, considering whether this is a good option for our upcoming trip in January. I will be interested in hearing about people's experiences with it. For our family of 4 seasoned Disney park hoppers, I could work it into our plans (although I really would prefer if the Epcot stop was in WS. Part of the time savings at this park would be not having to walk all the way back to the park entrance, however, this trip we are travelling with another family who are mostly first timers. so my planning has been different.

there are standard busses that take 4 ECV I did not know that, you learn something new every day.
I've never seen one either. I've used buses a lot too. In all the ones I've been on (I've never been on one of the expanded buses) they have had only 2 slots. The other seats are fixed. Even then, in all my times using the buses I've only been on a bus with 2 ECV a handful of times. 1 practically every time I ride but rarely 2. And I've never seen them have to leave someone behind due to no room on there either.

I've never seen one either. I've used buses a lot too. In all the ones I've been on (I've never been on one of the expanded buses) they have had only 2 slots. The other seats are fixed. Even then, in all my times using the buses I've only been on a bus with 2 ECV a handful of times. 1 practically every time I ride but rarely 2. And I've never seen them have to leave someone behind due to no room on there either.
me too I go to Disney a lot and I have never seen a buss with more then 2 places for an ECV ( I really have no idea where the 4 one would fit, there is room for 2 behind the driver then maybe 1 more on the passenger side so the 4 one? ) I have seen 3 or 4 on the double busses though. but the PP did PM me to tell me that there were 4 on not that many ( or they were not that comma in any more.

Interested in hearing some first hand reports on this, but so far it doesn't sound like a service I'd use. We tour like several others have mentioned - one park at RD, pool/nap break, one park in evening. So can't see how this would be beneficial to us.

Something that occurred to me that will be very interesting to get an answer to, and will likely relate directly to speed, how many buses are there every 30 min? Does everyone at park A load one bus or will Park A have 4 buses, 1 bus per park? Obviously, if they have 1 bus pick up guests going to 4 different parks it's going to be a long wait for the 4th park. That will likely kill any time savings
I wondered about this too. While they say the buses come every 30min, they never stated that all of the buses will come at the SAME time. So maybe they'll be staggering. Like, buses picking up from AK to go to HS will pick up on the :05 and :35; buses from AK to go to MK will pick up on the :15 and :45. That sort of thing. Which makes it a lot more confusing for some people, no doubt, but diminishes the overall crowd level you would have for 2 pick-up times per hour for all 4 parks. Maybe they limit purchases to avoid a large crowd though, who knows, and the potential crowds at certain times a day that I'm envisioning won't appear. Also, and this is because I don't have a sense of the amount of space at all, since I've never been backstage - just how much space is there at all of those backstage pickup spots? enough for 4 buses to pull in and out at one time plus all the people waiting (which has to involve some kind of line-gathering area manned by CMs)?

- just how much space is there at all of those backstage pickup spots? enough for 4 buses to pull in and out at one time plus all the people waiting...?

Depending on where they decide to do this, there certainly can be, if the drivers pace
their departures as they do at all other bus terminals.

I'll read the reports too, but honestly I don't think we will do this. We rarely hop from park to park. More like morning park to hotel then hotel to evening park.
But if I'm reading correctly, if we do decide to do a park to park day, I can add the option for one day? Sorry, I got a bit confused reading this thread. :D

I wondered about this too. While they say the buses come every 30min, they never stated that all of the buses will come at the SAME time. So maybe they'll be staggering. Like, buses picking up from AK to go to HS will pick up on the :05 and :35; buses from AK to go to MK will pick up on the :15 and :45. That sort of thing. Which makes it a lot more confusing for some people, no doubt, but diminishes the overall crowd level you would have for 2 pick-up times per hour for all 4 parks. Maybe they limit purchases to avoid a large crowd though, who knows, and the potential crowds at certain times a day that I'm envisioning won't appear. Also, and this is because I don't have a sense of the amount of space at all, since I've never been backstage - just how much space is there at all of those backstage pickup spots? enough for 4 buses to pull in and out at one time plus all the people waiting (which has to involve some kind of line-gathering area manned by CMs)?
I hope this is what they do. I'd love for it to be on schedule so you know what time to arrange to be there

just how much space is there at all of those backstage pickup spots? enough for 4 buses to pull in and out at one time plus all the people waiting (which has to involve some kind of line-gathering area manned by CMs)?

google here is your friend you can do google maps ( yes I know things changes all the time) but just do a goggle map of Disney ( you know where buzz exit is) then go back stage ( If I know how I would copy and past a map) but there is some space back there.

I hope this is what they do. I'd love for it to be on schedule so you know what time to arrange to be there
I'd like to say they kind of *have to*, b/c otherwise it's a bit like false advertisement to call it "express" and not give you the tools to eliminate the line waiting time-suck. But that assumes they are marketing it to people who know how to tour efficiently.

google here is your friend you can do google maps ( yes I know things changes all the time) but just do a goggle map of Disney ( you know where buzz exit is) then go back stage ( If I know how I would copy and past a map) but there is some space back there.
OK, yes, that is a lot of space! Now I'm feeling very badly for the costumed CMs walking those long distances!

for someone doing this multiple days it is $24 If there is tax then that would bake it $25.68 then you can have it for up to 7 days so with tax it would be $3.67 with out tax it would be $3.42 so close to 2 but the $1.68 or $1.42 a day might be too much for some people to handle.
The $2 a day quote is regarding the average cost for an AP to visit the resort by using their AP. Off-topic to the Express Busing thread.

The $2 a day quote is regarding the average cost for an AP to visit the resort by using their AP. Off-topic to the Express Busing thread.
just thought about that after I posted but the 2 a day could go up or down depending on how long your vacation is 9 unless there was some days they were going by) any ways I did the break down incase anyone was wondering

just thought about that after I posted but the 2 a day could go up or down depending on how long your vacation is 9 unless there was some days they were going by) any ways I did the break down incase anyone was wondering
Thanks, gap. Those off-topic AP posts are confusing posters. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter