NEW-EST...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...actually, I was trying to get a good price for the AKL - the best I came up with was $3,692.28 for 2 Ad/2Ch at AKL with 4-day passes....6 nites at S/D comes to $1275.78 (w/tax), but I can't imagine it'd cost $1,400 for "4-days"...:confused3

[BTW ~ thanks for the tip on the 'specials'....]

.....:blush: uhhhhhhh, you weren't s'posed to see ME here......:tiptoe:

Kimmar - I'll never tell! :ssst: (oh! and you didn't see me here either! ;))

...actually, I was trying to get a good price for the AKL - the best I came up with was $3,692.28 for 2 Ad/2Ch at AKL with 4-day passes....6 nites at S/D comes to $1275.78 (w/tax), but I can't imagine it'd cost $1,400 for "4-days"...:confused3

[BTW ~ thanks for the tip on the 'specials'....]

:eek: Did you try 'room only' at AKL? Even after I have confirmed reservations, I keep checking....... just in case!

:)

Kimmar - I'll never tell! :ssst: (oh! and you didn't see me here either! ;))

...your secret's SAFE with me........for a nominal FEE, that is.....;)

RachelTori said:
...:eek: Did you try 'room only' at AKL? Even after I have confirmed reservations, I keep checking....... just in case!

:)

...I can't imagine an AKL room being LESS than $189/nite....:guilty:

...it's been so long that I can't remember:

Am I correct in saying that you cannot make ADR's ahead of time when staying at S/D??? :confused:

off subject, but I have just reviewed the Dolphin Floor plan off of Allears and they include a Hair Salon within the hotel. Does anyone know is this current? I do not recall seeing one :confused3 It supposedly is situated by Health Club, laundry area:confused3 Thanks! Almost there! Whew!:thumbsup2

I think they did away with the hair salon after Mandara Spa opened up, but don't quote me on that. Best to call and ask. It was located just a few doors down from the Health Club.

...it's been so long that I can't remember:

Am I correct in saying that you cannot make ADR's ahead of time when staying at S/D??? :confused:

I made ADR's with no problem for our upcoming November trip. Evidently, I didn't call soon enough though. Five months away from Thanksgiving and all I could get were two tables for two at Liberty Tree Tavern! Hopefully they'll be able to sit us as a family (of 4) but if not, oh well. I got everthing else I wanted though. Thanksgiving day was the only tough one.

...I made ADR's with no problem for our upcoming November trip. Evidently, I didn't call soon enough though. Five months away from Thanksgiving and all I could get were two tables for two at Liberty Tree Tavern! Hopefully they'll be able to sit us as a family (of 4) but if not, oh well. I got everthing else I wanted though. Thanksgiving day was the only tough one.

....WOOHOO!!:woohoo:

....hold da phone - YIKES, what about ressies for CHIRSTMAS???

Uh oh....you better call ASAP!

Our Thanksgiving day reservation trouble wasn't even for dinner....it was for lunch! Dinner was completely booked up and that was back in May!

Uh oh....you better call ASAP!

Our Thanksgiving day reservation trouble wasn't even for dinner....it was for lunch! Dinner was completely booked up and that was back in May!

...:scared1:

[...I'm DOOMED...]

...:scared1:

[...I'm DOOMED...]

not necessarily! :cutie:

Last year I made all our ADRs in October. Christmas Day dinner was pretty wide open. :) We didn't want anything at MK because "if" they filled to capacity, we worried we might not get in. Epcot worked out great. We decided on Biergarten - got our ADR for "party of 4" at the time we wanted - 5:30; no prob! :thumbsup2 Merry Christmas! :santa:

....Okay, now I am totally BAFFLED....except for our first vaca to WDW, we have always stayed on-property: since when were non-Disney guests allowed to make ADR's 180 days out?? Wasn't this always one of the 'perks' of staying on-site??

....Okay, now I am totally BAFFLED....except for our first vaca to WDW, we have always stayed on-property: since when were non-Disney guests allowed to make ADR's 180 days out?? Wasn't this always one of the 'perks' of staying on-site??

Aren't S/D guests considered "Disney guests" when it comes to reservations and transportation? (other than ME transportation) :confused3

Aren't S/D guests considered "Disney guests" when it comes to reservations and transportation? (other than ME transportation) :confused3

...yup...however, on another thread, other DIS'ers were saying how THEY made ressies 180 days out and they are NOT staying on Disney propery - one DIS'er claimed to have NOT EVEN BOOKED HER ROOM ANYWHERE but still made a couple of ADR's anyhoo.......:confused3 I don't get it....:guilty:

Anyone know if we can get a print out of our ADR's at the Swan or Dolphin, the way Guest Services (Concierge) willl do at a Disney resort?

Thanks! :flower3:

...yup...however, on another thread, other DIS'ers were saying how THEY made ressies 180 days out and they are NOT staying on Disney propery - one DIS'er claimed to have NOT EVEN BOOKED HER ROOM ANYWHERE but still made a couple of ADR's anyhoo.......:confused3 I don't get it....:guilty:
That was me! And it is true. I knew I was going the weekend of my b-day (10/19-10/21 this year) I just wanted to wait for a room discount (AP, FL Resident or GP) and then I would book my room. It ended up that the disney resorts discounts were not as good of a deal as I expected so then I booked the Swan with my teacher's discount.

But prior to even making a room ressie I made several ADRs for dinners during my stay. And I believe it was the 70 day mark when I made them, maybe 65 day mark... I can't recall.

Baffled anymore?! Hope this helped!

That was me! And it is true. I knew I was going the weekend of my b-day (10/19-10/21 this year) I just wanted to wait for a room discount (AP, FL Resident or GP) and then I would book my room. It ended up that the disney resorts discounts were not as good of a deal as I expected so then I booked the Swan with my teacher's discount.

But prior to even making a room ressie I made several ADRs for dinners during my stay. And I believe it was the 180 day mark when I made them, maybe 179 day mark... I can't recall.

Baffled anymore?! Hope this helped!

I'm just curious... when you made your ADRs, what was your answer when the CM asked you which hotel you were staying at?

I booked my ADRs before I knew where I was staying - I think (if I understand right) that the perk for Disney guests is the ability to call 180 +10 :-)confused: ) days out from the first day of your trip, and book everything at once, instead of calling every day.

It's something like that. LOL.

I booked my ADRs before I knew where I was staying - I think (if I understand right) that the perk for Disney guests is the ability to call 180 +10 :-)confused: ) days out from the first day of your trip, and book everything at once, instead of calling every day.

It's something like that. LOL.

You're right! Onsite guests get the added benefit of booking up to ten days after their 180 day point. Offsite guests can book 180 days out, but can't book for the additional days. If they are trying to book at exactly 180, they would need to call daily on the 180 day mark. Onsite guests can book at the 180 point, plus up to 10 days following that with one call. Does that make sense? :confused:

I'm just curious... when you made your ADRs, what was your answer when the CM asked you which hotel you were staying at?

If you tell the CM you're staying offsite, they'll take a phone (i.e. cell phone) number in place of your resort info.

They asked for my phone number and then told me that when I did make room ressies I could link the ADRs to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter