NEW-EST...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...Bath & Body Works... What a great excuse to check out the products now! Generally, am not a fan of Bath & Body Works products - unless these are the higher end products....those can be nice :) Love coconut..not sure about the Lime and Verbana.

Now to find time to get to the Mall! :)

Coconut Lime Verbena is a very nice scent, one of their best sellers if I'm not mistaken. I like it! :)

I would suggest you sign up for one of the offers. (we signed up for the double points just in case!) If you end up not accumulating any bonus points, they don't penalize you in any way. But if you don't sign up, you risk not being offered future promotions.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely sign up for one of them. Do you think double points is the best of the 3 offers? Thanks again :)

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely sign up for one of them. Do you think double points is the best of the 3 offers? Thanks again :)

It was the best of the 3 for us! One requires 2 stays to earn 2,000 bonus points (very doubtful we'd have 2 stays during the promo period 9/1-11/30/07) and the other gives you double stay credits (even tripling the stays wouldn't be enough to bump us up to the next level!) I figured our best bet was the double points! :)

It was the best of the 3 for us! One requires 2 stays to earn 2,000 bonus points (very doubtful we'd have 2 stays during the promo period 9/1-11/30/07) and the other gives you double stay credits (even tripling the stays wouldn't be enough to bump us up to the next level!) I figured our best bet was the double points! :)

I signed up for double points. Thanks again for your help. :)

It's Bath & Body Works products! The oatmeal and glycerin soaps haven't changed but the shampoo, conditioner and body lotion are from Bath & Body Works - the scent is Coconut Lime Verbena.

Hmm...Bath & Body Works... What a great excuse to check out the products now! Generally, am not a fan of Bath & Body Works products - unless these are the higher end products....those can be nice :) Love coconut..not sure about the Lime and Verbana.

Now to find time to get to the Mall! :)

Coconut Lime Verbena is a very nice scent, one of their best sellers if I'm not mistaken. I like it! :)

my FAVORITE Bath & Body Works scent is "Coconut Lime Verbena"! Especially like the creamy body wash - great for shaving your legs! :cool1: A little "too much information"?! lol

Hi all, I know most of you are Swan/Dolphin. I need help for shuttles. I will be there from Nov 27 to Dec 2. All the theme parks will open @ 9. IF I want to be there before they open, how soon should I leave the room to take the boat/bus to all the parks? Thanks

Hi all, I know most of you are Swan/Dolphin. I need help for shuttles. I will be there from Nov 27 to Dec 2. All the theme parks will open @ 9. IF I want to be there before they open, how soon should I leave the room to take the boat/bus to all the parks? Thanks

For MK and AK (from Swan/Dolphin) we head to the bus stop a full hour before park opening. That usually gives us plenty of time to get to the park, clear security and stand in line for official opening.

Epcot and Disney Studios we'll usually give ourselves 30-45 minutes prior to opening.

If you're staying at Swan/Dolphin, you ARE eligible for EMH - the EMH park for that morning will open at 8am -- so if you're planning to be there by 9, you'll be late! ;)

I just checked the Disney's website. Morning EMH's for your dates are:

11/27 Epcot
11/28 no morning EMH; AK has evening EMH
11/29 MK
11/30 no morning EMH; Epcot has evening EMH
12/1 DS
12/2 no morning EMH; DS has evening EMH

HTHs! :)

Laura,

Thank you so much for your information. I think we need to have breakfast in our room to make sure we can get there on time. :wizard:

Laura,

Thank you so much for your information. I think we need to have breakfast in our room to make sure we can get there on time. :wizard:

That's exactly what we do - we get something from either Pikabu at the Dolphin or from the Boardwalk Bakery.

BTW - we always walk to Epcot as it's much quicker than taking the boat since it stops at BW and YC/BC before getting to the International Gateway. For MGM however, we do take the boat as the Swolphin is the last stop before the park. Some nights we'll walk back from MGM rather than waiting in line for a boat.

Enjoy your trip! :)

Try this link:

https://www.spgpromos.com/quarterly/index.cfm

You have to join the Starwood Preferred Guest program, if you haven't already done so. They ask for your member number.

PS: This came in an email. I hope it's okay to post the link here.

Thanks for the heads-up on that promotion. I usually get those e-mail offers, but didn't this time. I'll be at the Swan in October and at the Dolphin at Thanksgiving, so it will be nice to get some bonus points!

Clicked on the link, entered our spg number, but it said we are "not eligible for this promotion"...hmmm...wonder why:confused3 Have a new AAA Gold Card, never used..maybe it needs to be already used?

Thanks anyway!!! :flower3:

Laura,

That's exactly what we do - we get something from either Pikabu at the Dolphin or from the Boardwalk Bakery.

BTW - we always walk to Epcot as it's much quicker than taking the boat since it stops at BW and YC/BC before getting to the International Gateway. For MGM however, we do take the boat as the Swolphin is the last stop before the park. Some nights we'll walk back from MGM rather than waiting in line for a boat.

Enjoy your trip! :)

Have to share with you that our BEST breakfast in June was our last day at the Dolphin, and we ordered room service. It was DELIGHTFUL. We sat on our balcony and ate the BEST waffles with fresh berries!! It was very pleasant and stress free on that sad day when you really DON'T WANT TO GO HOME! :goodvibes

We always get room service breakfast on our last morning too! It's a nice way to end a great vacation!

Clicked on the link, entered our spg number, but it said we are "not eligible for this promotion"...hmmm...wonder why:confused3 Have a new AAA Gold Card, never used..maybe it needs to be already used?

Thanks anyway!!! :flower3:

I think the promotion varies. Everyone isn't offered the same promotion. The promo you're offered is determined by your spg number. Did you not receive any type of offer, after entering your spg number?

Thanks for the heads-up on that promotion. I usually get those e-mail offers, but didn't this time. I'll be at the Swan in October and at the Dolphin at Thanksgiving, so it will be nice to get some bonus points!

You're welcome! I'm glad you could benefit from it. :)

Can you share what kind of rate you were able to get? We are planning to go in March 2009, the 24th-28th I think. Easter is in April that year so I'm hoping it won't be too crazy. Anyway, DH and I are teachers, so I'm guessing that is the best rate we'll get. Did anyone use that rate to book for next March...and if so, how much was it and WHEN did you book?

TIA!

I think the promotion varies. Everyone isn't offered the same promotion. The promo you're offered is determined by your spg number. Did you not receive any type of offer, after entering your spg number?

Nope! Maybe just not my day for a promotion! No complaints here though - we are staying at Swan for $178 inc tx during early December - cannot beat that to be walking distance to International Gateway and MGM!

Thanks much!:flower3:

Nope! Maybe just not my day for a promotion! No complaints here though - we are staying at Swan for $178 inc tx during early December - cannot beat that to be walking distance to International Gateway and MGM!

Thanks much!:flower3:

Bummer!:( Although, it is hard to feel too sorry for you knowing you'll be at WDW for the Christmas festivities. :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter