New elephant calf at Kilimanjaro Safaris

We saw the baby elephant (only a month old or so) and the baby giraffe (a few months old) on our park opening safari last Thursday. It was our first ride and they were both out frolicking and very easy to see. We also saw a bug of juveniles out too. It was by far the best safari I have seen there.

We did 1 safari with a great view of Stella. The other one she was out but all the grown ups were herding around her, shielding her from view. You could just make her out through all their legs. She is a cutie

A new baby? Or the one I've gotten to watch grow up over the last few years? He stood in the middle of the road on our last trip and wouldn't let us pass!
There is a baby giraffe too. We saw him laying down last Thursday

We did 1 safari with a great view of Stella. The other one she was out but all the grown ups were herding around her, shielding her from view. You could just make her out through all their legs. She is a cutie

There is a baby giraffe too. We saw him laying down last Thursday

There was a baby giraffe when we stayed at AKL last spring - I think her name was Gigi! We couldn't get to the bus stop in the morning because we couldn't drag ourselves away!

We saw Stella a week ago at the first Safari of the day - we left out at 8:58 AM I think on January 25. We also saw the giraffe baby. They said the giraffe is several months old, but had been on the safari for only a week at time time, so we couldn't stop. I am guessing because baby doesn't know to stay away from the trucks.

We saw Stella a week ago at the first Safari of the day - we left out at 8:58 AM I think on January 25. We also saw the giraffe baby. They said the giraffe is several months old, but had been on the safari for only a week at time time, so we couldn't stop. I am guessing because baby doesn't know to stay away from the trucks.
They also told us that they can't stop for any babies or young animals. I wasn't sure why either but that makes sense.

We saw Stella yesterday around 5:00pm. Here she is walking behind her mom. She looks tiny next to the adult elephants, but our driver told us that Stella weighs in at about 300 pounds!

View attachment 217847

OMG! Thanks so much for the picture! She is adorable! And thanks to everyone else who has chimed in! I definitely will book KS so that I can see her!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter