New elephant calf at Kilimanjaro Safaris

dislmntx

Earning My Ears
I just saw where the new elephant calf has been moved to the Kilimanjaro Safaris area and can be viewed there with the other elephants. I'll be there in about 3 weeks and would love to see the little calf! Does anyone have any idea what time of day I should ride Kilimanjaro Safaris to get the best chance of seeing her? Thanks!

We were at animal kingdom Monday of last week. First thing we rode the safari twice and saw him. So adorable.

They rotate out the animals so no way to know for sure. I will say the babies do lost post rain showers.

Stella is the cutest

Yes!

As yulilin3 says, her name is Stella, and she's the first elephant to be conceived naturally at AK. I asked who the father is, but the CM said she couldn't say for sure. She was first brought out the beginning of this month at just three weeks old.

The CM also said that there could be baby tigers in the somewhat nearish future, that the process of introducing the male and female tigers has been slow but successful, though they are not in any rush.;)

I just saw where the new elephant calf has been moved to the Kilimanjaro Safaris area and can be viewed there with the other elephants. I'll be there in about 3 weeks and would love to see the little calf! Does anyone have any idea what time of day I should ride Kilimanjaro Safaris to get the best chance of seeing her? Thanks!

We did the safari twice this past week, and saw Stella once. We rode once at sunset and didn't see any elephants. The next ride was several days later at 2pm. We saw lots of elephants, including baby Stella. She is the cutest little thing! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her! She was being protected well by the herd, though, so it might be difficult to get good photos. The adults had her in the center of their group.

There is also a baby giraffe, and we saw it on the sunset ride but not the 2pm ride. You just never know what you're going to see, but overall the 2pm ride had the largest variety of animals.

There is also a baby giraffe, and we saw it on the sunset ride but not the 2pm ride. You just never know what you're going to see, but overall the 2pm ride had the largest variety of animals.

A new baby? Or the one I've gotten to watch grow up over the last few years? He stood in the middle of the road on our last trip and wouldn't let us pass!

A new baby? Or the one I've gotten to watch grow up over the last few years? He stood in the middle of the road on our last trip and wouldn't let us pass!

I don't know when it was born. The guide said it was a baby and was 6 ft tall when it was born. It was pretty adorable and a lot smaller than the others. I'll have to ask my daughter if she remembers hearing when it was born. She pays better attention to detail than I do.

We just got back, and someone on the safari asked that same question. The driver told us that at the moment, Stella's time out on the safari was from "about 10 am to about 4 pm." Sounds like others here saw her earlier, so maybe that's just an estimation. :)

We saw the baby on the safari on MLK weekend! I think it was around 10:30am

Stella?? That's what they name a cute baby elephant..?? Stella??

MG

Stella will grow to a big strong lady elephant that will shine with that name. But I do think it's cute for her now too.

I think it's a cute name. It means star, and that's exactly what she is, the star of the safari!

That she is!

Yes we saw the baby. Too cute. You just want to hug her neck. Not big for a giraffe so couldn't be too old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter