New BOG Dinner Menu

No, it is actually Macron for the French dessert of Macaroon for the coconut cookie like dessert that is the correct spelling. Macaron is not a correct spelling either way.

Macaroon - coconut cookie
Macaron - almond and egg white French cookie
Macron - France’s president

Not rocket science here, people.
It appears that it just may be..... lol

From wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macaron

Macaron
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
Not to be confused with Macaroon, Macaroni, or Macron.
Macaron

Macarons (vanilla flavor)
Type Confectionery
Created by The chef of French queen Catherine De Medici.
Main ingredients Cookie: Egg white, icing sugar, granulated sugar, almond powder or ground almond, food coloring
Filling: buttercream, or clotted cream, ganache, or jam
Cookbook: Macaron Media: Macaron

A macaron (/ˌmækəˈrɒn/ mak-ə-RON;[1][2] French: [makaʁɔ̃]) or French macaroon (/ˌmækəˈruːn/ mak-ə-ROON)[3][4] is a sweet meringue-based confection made with egg white, icing sugar, granulated sugar, almond powder or ground almond, and food coloring. There is some variation in whether the term macaron or macaroon is used, and the related coconut macaroon is often confused with the macaron.

In so tickled at this....

Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Crispy Berkshire Pork Belly, Caramelized Cipollini, Roasted Asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower Purée, and sprinkled with Bacon Dust

I have been a butcher for over 30 years and can tell you with 110% certainty, a pork tenderloin and pork belly are 2 different things and come from 2 completely different parts of the hog.

It's actually not "pretty clear" at all as there are more than myself who noticed the flub if you look back through the thread. Traditionally, menu's state the name of the item and describe it underneath. Pork Belly is it's own cut. That's like saying "Ribeye Steak with brisket on the side".

Disney menus - including all the entrees on the new BOG menu - describe the ingredients. Telling the diner that the filet mignon entree includes steak is redundant. As is putting "tortellini" in that dish's description, "chicken" in the poultry dish description..

What I found amusing is the chicken dish. Red chicken chicken, anyone?

Yes but but what about macarena?

The Beast will be performing that dance alongside some dancing CMs at special times during the dinner phase. One lucky table will get a special personalized visit from the dancing Beast himself, but to be eligible for selection, tables must have ordered at least one macaron-macaroon-macaroni item for dessert.

No, it is actually Macron for the French dessert of Macaroon for the coconut cookie like dessert that is the correct spelling. Macaron is not a correct spelling either way.
No! Stop it! A dozen different people have told you that macaron IS. THE. CORRECT. SPELLING. Jetsdad even posted images of the definitions.

Are you saying every. single. dictionary. is wrong?
Every. French. Bakery?
Every. restaurant. that. offers. this. dessert?
Every seller on Amazon?
Please, just stop. It's one thing to stick to your guns when you're right. This isn't one of those times.

Disney menus - including all the entrees on the new BOG menu - describe the ingredients. Telling the diner that the filet mignon entree includes steak is redundant. As is putting "tortellini" in that dish's description, "chicken" in the poultry dish description..

What I found amusing is the chicken dish. Red chicken chicken, anyone?

I thought I was the only one who noticed the double chicken :rotfl2:

Ah, French... such a beautiful language that people do such awful things to.

It's not a flub, it's listing accompaniments just like the other menu descriptions. The filet, chicken, lamb chops, and tortellini do not repeat the titular ingredient in the description, either.
Bonus points for the word “titular” and saying exactly what I was going to say.

I should have googled a recipe before posting that. ;) I know there's flour in them, and I assumed wheat flour. Are they usually made with almond flour?
They are usually made with almond meal or almond flour, so unless there’s somehow gluten in the filling they should be gluten free. The cookie part is essentially an almond meringue.

What still needs to be answered is will everyone at the table have to order an age appropriate dinner or will sharing and adults getting kids meals be permitted. If not they have fixed nothing.

No! Stop it! A dozen different people have told you that macaron IS. THE. CORRECT. SPELLING. Jetsdad even posted images of the definitions.

Are you saying every. single. dictionary. is wrong?
Every. French. Bakery?
Every. restaurant. that. offers. this. dessert?
Every seller on Amazon?
Please, just stop. It's one thing to stick to your guns when you're right. This isn't one of those times.

And no matter how they spell it, I don't like them. My mom used to buy macaroons, and I disliked them too! LOL! Give me a chocolate chip cookie anytime!

What still needs to be answered is will everyone at the table have to order an age appropriate dinner or will sharing and adults getting kids meals be permitted. If not they have fixed nothing.

I know. I am not confident that they will address this as soon as they open that door, and if not they are right back to BOG breakfast. Fixed costs for those who order the meal, and a free for all for those who choose not. We will see.

What would make this perfect for me is if there were a few other desert choices. A fruit plate and a cheese plate.

Well, we are trying this in December. I'm good with the new menu. We don't do the dining plan and for three courses, I don't think $55.00 is that bad. I'm not crazy about the appetizers, but there's a salad and soup, which are fine with me. I love Filet, which is difficult to find in WDW anymore. I feel like years ago, that cut of beef was more readily available, not just available in the Fine Dining restaurants. I'm glad they changed the chocolate covered cherry to a chocolate truffle. I'm looking forward to trying the new menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter