New Back Entrance to DCA?

I just want to say I am not buying this story. I do not see this happening. A reminder, this is the same group that said Galaxy's Edge was going to take over Toon Town also. No matter how much info was provided showing how Toon Town CMs just had gotten new uniforms, or how they had just refurbed areas, they stayed with their story that Galaxy's Edge would take over Toon Town. I do not see them putting in another gate. Doesn't make sense.

I just want to say I am not buying this story. I do not see this happening. A reminder, this is the same group that said Galaxy's Edge was going to take over Toon Town also. No matter how much info was provided showing how Toon Town CMs just had gotten new uniforms, or how they had just refurbed areas, they stayed with their story that Galaxy's Edge would take over Toon Town. I do not see them putting in another gate. Doesn't make sense.
they're not the only one reporting this

Last edited:

I agree with you. I am not buying this story yet. I thought the PPH was going to close for a massive refurbishment a la DLH soon. Or will it be remaining open?

I would love it if they brought that old entrance back. Seems like even if it does happen it won't be for a long time. I guess time will tell.

If that's the case they seriously need a true retheming of the hotel.
I admit the only reason I've been tempted to stay there is due to the great DCA views from the Premium room category , otherwise I'll take less trips and stay at GCH. But as the hotel stands currently , hard pass.
Big same... some people have commented that it would be in addition to rethemeing it to Pixar Pier that was put off, so I'm definitely thinking of something more than "just" the entrance. We stayed here July 2021 and lets just say I was contacted by management about my survey comments... I regret not calling them back, but conflict wears me out. I was worried they'd try to offer me some kind of remediation which wasn't the point... I stayed here dozens of times as a kid before Disney purchased the property and we loved it. Now it feels like an unwanted 3rd wheel.

I agree with you. I am not buying this story yet. I thought the PPH was going to close for a massive refurbishment a la DLH soon. Or will it be remaining open?

The article said PPH is going to be refurbished but doesn’t say if it’s closing. But I’m suspicious that this may be the reason why none of the amenities are open at PPH. No point in fully re-opening and hiring staff if they’re just going to close again. My guess is they will do a re-theme “refurbishment”, open the new gate, and raise the prices to the same or only slightly below DLH prices.

You are correct. They do not shuttle people to the GCH in carts, and never have.
That's fascinating, as I literally sat and watched at least 4 parties either get on or off of a golf cart, with no suggestion that they were pool hopping, and with one cast member literally asking "Are you headed back to Paradise Pier?".

Also, as was stated upthread, there is a past history of shuttling between the two hotels.

That's fascinating, as I literally sat and watched at least 4 parties either get on or off of a golf cart, with no suggestion that they were pool hopping, and with one cast member literally asking "Are you headed back to Paradise Pier?".

Also, as was stated upthread, there is a past history of shuttling between the two hotels.
I wonder if it might have been for a special event - I was listening to something about a Disney wedding and they were taken between DLH and GCH by golf cart :)

They do? How does that work?
I have no clue. I'm just reporting what I saw and heard while walking back from GC to the Simba lot (I was down at DTD for lunch). The carts were "lined up" if you will at the breezeway that runs right through to the DVC wing of the hotel, and right where you cross over to the walkway that takes you past the security gate and to Disneyland Drive.

Don't know if it's temporary, or has anything to do with the PP pool construction (no one seemed like they were pool hopping), just what I saw and heard.

grandcaldropoff.png

I wonder if it might have been for a special event - I was listening to something about a Disney wedding and they were taken between DLH and GCH by golf cart :)
It's possible, but they were just regular families in typical vacation clothing in the middle of the day on Wednesday.

I just looked at reviews of PPH on Trip Advisor and they are indeed shuttling people by golf cart to both the DLH and GCH pools.

I just looked at reviews of PPH on Trip Advisor and they are indeed shuttling people by golf cart to both the DLH and GCH pools.
I wouldn’t be surprised. That makes total sense. They need access to a pool somewhere. My only point was that the people I saw didn’t look like they were pool hopping. One group was 3 or 4 guys in their 20’s and the rest were families, none of whom seemed to have any beach or pool bags, etc., just looked like they were coming or going from a park. Obviously could be wearing swimsuits underneath, or maybe just taking advantage of the pool shuttles to get across the street for other reasons.

Just to refresh my memory re: the original subject, haha, where did the original PPH let guests into the park when they had their own gate? They closed it shortly before I started going.

a few folks in a facebook group Im in that are staying at the PPH RIGHT NOW have said that they are using golf carts to carry folks to the DLH pool

I wouldn’t be surprised. That makes total sense. They need access to a pool somewhere. My only point was that the people I saw didn’t look like they were pool hopping. One group was 3 or 4 guys in their 20’s and the rest were families, none of whom seemed to have any beach or pool bags, etc., just looked like they were coming or going from a park. Obviously could be wearing swimsuits underneath, or maybe just taking advantage of the pool shuttles to get across the street for other reasons.

Well, I'd imagine that the carts just go back and forth all day whenever people show up, so since they were making the return trip anyway, if it wasn't full with pool hoppers, they'd take anyone.

But also, you have no way of really knowing they weren't heading from the pool. Not everyone swims at the pool. Some just go there to hang out and put their feet in.

Well, I'd imagine that the carts just go back and forth all day whenever people show up, so since they were making the return trip anyway, if it wasn't full with pool hoppers, they'd take anyone.

But also, you have no way of really knowing they weren't heading from the pool. Not everyone swims at the pool. Some just go there to hang out and put their feet in.
Entirely possible that it was a really big "go to the pool to not go to the pool day".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter