Nervous about late check in

JeannineP4

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving in 18 days to POFQ. We don't land until 1150pm so by the time we check into POFQ it will be after 1am. Does anyone have any experience checking in that late and if so what are the chances we would be put in another resort? Has anyone checked in that late been given an upgrade because their original choice was given away due to the late checkin? Thanks for any info. Still doing the happy dance cause this Boston Girl has had enough of this horrible winter!!

We will be arriving in 18 days to POFQ. We don't land until 1150pm so by the time we check into POFQ it will be after 1am. Does anyone have any experience checking in that late and if so what are the chances we would be put in another resort? Has anyone checked in that late been given an upgrade because their original choice was given away due to the late checkin? Thanks for any info. Still doing the happy dance cause this Boston Girl has had enough of this horrible winter!!

Our only experience with a very late check in was last April. We had some major air travel delays due to flying out of Boston right after the Boston marathon bombing. We were supposed to arrive at the YC at 3:30 pm and didn't end up getting there until after midnight. :scared1:

We had booked at YC standard view club level room, and upon arriving found out we had been upgraded to a lagoon view club level room! :wizard:

Also, we had apparently been chosen as the YC family of the day, and apparently they do a whole "thing" in the lobby, but we missed that and the CM who checked us in was like..."oh wait....your family of the day!" and handed us some balloons that they had stuck out in the back room, and then he said "we usually do more" :laughing:

It was ok! And we had tons of treats in our room, which was amazing! :goodvibes

Still doing the happy dance cause this Boston Girl has had enough of this horrible winter!!

If you're really a Boston Girl, you're going to remember what February 2011 was like in New England: horrible snow and ice storms back-to-back and nonstop.

My family and I were supposed to fly down to WDW on a Wednesday in early February '11, but another ice storm was on its way, so we last-minute switched (this is why we always work with a travel agent) to a flight on Tuesday ... but one that put us in Orlando at 1:30a.

To our surprise: Magical Express was still up and running, and when we arrived at POFQ at 2:30a, two wide-awake and very kind cast members were manning the front desk and ready for us.

I wouldn't worry. WDW really doesn't close. You'll be fine.

We have arrived at the resort very late a few times, with our latest time being around 1:30 am at the Poly. While we were neither moved to another resort nor given an upgrade, we did get 2 out of our 3 requests met, with the 3rd being met if we wanted to change rooms the next day. With that said, being moved to another resort or given an upgrade could happen, but is usually done for things like maintenance issues, etc. and doesn't happen as often as it might seem.

Our flight got in at midnight so while doing online checkin for POR I put the arrival time at around 1 or 2 (can't remember). It worked perfectly. Our perfect room was ready and it was great.

so we last-minute switched (this is why we always work with a travel agent) to a flight on Tuesday

FWIW non-TAs can switch flights too. Goodness knows I did enough of that while DH was trying to get from Dallas and then back TO Dallas inside of 24 hours during the big ice storm in December!

Yes I do. I tend not to travel during the winter for those reasons but sometimes you don't have a choice. Glad you were ok.

My record late check in was 3:30 am due to truck break down on the way. It was a Pop and while the CMs looked a bit befuddled, check in was not a problem at all. If I know I was going to be hours late again, I would call to let them know what was happening.

If you do on line check in you can let them know what time.

I would suggest that you do On-Line Check In and indicate your approx. arrival time.
Also, FYI, if you are using Disney's Magical Express from the airport, you will have to grab your own bags and bring them to the bus. Baggage service is only for flights arriving between 5am and 10pm.

I have arrived after midnight many times without any problems. (The cheapest flights from our area are then.)

It has been my experience that they have these rooms correct because staffing is low. I mean you will most likely get the room/category you paid for. All of my upgrades have been earlier in the day.

The only disadvantage you have is that if you don't like your room there are not as many to choose from if you want to switch.

Also check park hours. Last year we arrived at the resort at midnight and after check in dd dragged me to MK to ride space Mtn before park closed at 1!

We had a flight delay years ago and ended up at ASMo at 1 am. We were moved to the contemporary with a pool side room. It was children's first trip to Disney and I had scrapped and saved for this trip. We were thrilled!

I arrived at midnight, five hours late, at CSR. I had done online check-in, no problems. I did have to pick up my luggage from baggage claim and take it on the ME bus with me. I agree with the PP, do online check-in, just indicate your approximately arrival time.

Earlier this month we checked in at POFQ at about 10 p.m., not super-late but way later than our usual noon arrival. (Not for any delay reason, just that we decided to arrive a night early in order to not have to mess with waking up at 3 a.m. to get to the airport) No problems with our room being given away, I had even requested a specific room number in building 3 and we got it! It was garden view despite the fact that I had only paid for standard, not a huge upgrade but one nonetheless. I asked to not have our checked bags delivered to our room until morning and they complied nicely, I called bell services in the a.m. and they brought them to us in 15 minutes. If you're using ME and your flight is landing after 10 p.m. you will have to collect your luggage at baggage claim and bring it with you on the bus. I love POFQ!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter