Need to vent about how expensive WDW is now

Prices very high. Used to could find Disney hotels on Orbitz, orbitz had a discount code that combined with Disney discounts -those deals long gone. Sams club and AAA both have cheaper tickets right now than UT and way cheaper than DW direct! Looking at 6day hopper in March it’s $730 at AAA vs $855 from Disney

Prices very high. Used to could find Disney hotels on Orbitz, orbitz had a discount code that combined with Disney discounts -those deals long gone. Sams club and AAA both have cheaper tickets right now than UT and way cheaper than DW direct! Looking at 6day hopper in March it’s $730 at AAA vs $855 from Disney
Does that price comparison include all taxes? Some websites intentionally don't include tax to lure you in.

I’m feeling lucky at the moment…. My home insurance price hasn’t changed, car insurance went up 2%, and I’m actually get more health insurance coverage for the same price this year. My food costs were up, but the stuff I buy has almost all come back down to the same prices I was paying a couple years ago. Though a loaf of bread and a box of cake mix are still too high, IMO.

I agree that Disney prices are still up though. The discounted price on a value room is still more than the price was without a discount just a few years ago.
Our homeowners insurance actually dropped. $1703 to $1537. Car insurance still increasing even though our vehicles get older and become worth less and less each year.

I thought it would be!! Sometimes I just say screw it, life is short, and we can't just work like dogs then die. If we're going to trek all the way there, might as well do it right. We're in the 5th row. The price of the first 3 rows were just obscene. :scared1:
Couldn’t agree more.

Honestly, 1st-3rd row isn’t worth any extra money. It’s just bragging rights.
5th will be amazing as well as 10th would be great too!!

I thought it would be!! Sometimes I just say screw it, life is short, and we can't just work like dogs then die. If we're going to trek all the way there, might as well do it right. We're in the 5th row. The price of the first 3 rows were just obscene. :scared1:
It is definitely worth it, IMO.
My daughter bought us Garth Brooks tickets for my birthday. We were in front of the stage about half way back.
If I had it to do over again I would book a real seat (not a folding chair) in the balcony . We spent the whole time on our tiptoes trying to see and that was over 2 hours! That's too much standing for me. I ended up looking at the big screens to actually see Garth. It would have been more comfortable in the bleachers and I would be looking at the screens anyway.

But the young college age people filled the floor area up. It was a fun atmosphere, but I couldn't see much.

Last edited:
It is definitely worth it, IMO.
My daughter bought us Garth Brooks tickets for my birthday. We were in front of the stage about half way back.
If I had it to do over again I would book a real seat (not a folding chair) in the balcony . We spent the whole time on our tiptoes trying to see and that was over 2 hours! That's too much standing for me. I ended up looking at the big screens to actually see Garth. It would have been more comfortable in the bleachers and I would be looking at the screens anyway.

But the young college age people filled the floor area up. It was a fun atmosphere, but I couldn't see much.
Was this in Vegas? From what I could see of the photos of the Colleseum at Caesar's Palace, they are all real theater seats and no bleachers. I'm too old to want to stand the whole time but who knows.
That was very nice of your daughter!! :goodvibes

I saw Michael Jackson for his Thriller tour in the early 80s at JFK stadium in Philly. :shamrock: I was in 11th grade. We had floor seats in the last row and I'm only 5'2" so almost everyone blocked my view. My boyfriend let me sit on his shoulders for a while but only for a song or 2 then needed a break. Lesson learned, I need to be elevated above the people in front of us, even if that means being further back. Still, the screams of the crowd every time he moon walked were well worth it. Similar to the hearing the screams of Beatlemania in the 60s. :eek:

Was this in Vegas? From what I could see of the photos of the Colleseum at Caesar's Palace, they are all real theater seats and no bleachers. I'm too old to want to stand the whole time but who knows.
That was very nice of your daughter!! :goodvibes

I saw Michael Jackson for his Thriller tour in the early 80s at JFK stadium in Philly. :shamrock: I was in 11th grade. We had floor seats in the last row and I'm only 5'2" so almost everyone blocked my view. My boyfriend let me sit on his shoulders for a while but only for a song or 2 then needed a break. Lesson learned, I need to be elevated above the people in front of us, even if that means being further back. Still, the screams of the crowd every time he moon walked were well worth it. Similar to the hearing the screams of Beatlemania in the 60s. :eek:
No it was in Fargo, N. Dakota several years ago at the college campus, so there were lots of college kids.
LOL, it looks like you didn't like the floor seating either. I know that if I ever go to one again, I will sit in the comfy bleacher seats. You can see just as good as on the floor and you are comfortable.
We did have fun watching the college kids in the seats in front of us,. They had worked out dance routines for each song. It was a lot of fun,, but too old to be standing that long:)

This is going to be a special vacation for our family. My oldest will be a senior in high school and it will be our last big vacation before she graduates and moves to college. I want to splurge. I want to make it extra memorable.
Are you planning to do the same for all the other kids? It would not be right or fair to have this "special vacation splurge" for the oldest, and not do the same for the others. "Extra memorable" could cause hard feelings and bad memories unless you are planning to do the same for the others. So keep in mind when planning being able to repeat the same. You are setting expectations.

I don’t know how people afford WDW anymore. The ticket prices alone are insane. $500 per person for a 3 day non park hopper for March. You would think that people would be priced out, but when you go to the parks, they are still packed.

OP, we stopped going to Disney and started cruising on the Disney fantasy. We just sailed on a 7 night for $3200 on an OGT rate. So much more affordable than the parks and so much more relaxing. Good luck with your trip!
What is an OGT rate?0

Maybe I just think Disney is expensive, but it’s actually in line with any other vacation spot that includes some sort of vied for attraction.

Just pricing out Park City Utah for our March trip. It’s $460 a day for a lesson, lift ticket, and ski rental. For an adult that $460 is a half-day lesson, while for children, it includes a full day ski lesson. The lift ticket alone is $200-300/day.

That’s $2000 for one day of skiing, not including lodging, which means tacking on between $500 to $1500 a night. For a family of 4!! That’s $2500-$4k per day!!

Yikes. Makes Disney seem like peanuts. my two week Disney trip is probably about $10,000 for a family of four….

I feel so old. Back in my day, you could get xxxx for a quarter of the price!

Maybe I just think Disney is expensive, but it’s actually in line with any other vacation spot that includes some sort of vied for attraction.

Just pricing out Park City Utah for our March trip. It’s $460 a day for a lesson, lift ticket, and ski rental. For an adult that $460 is a half-day lesson, while for children, it includes a full day ski lesson. The lift ticket alone is $200-300/day.

That’s $2000 for one day of skiing, not including lodging, which means tacking on between $500 to $1500 a night. For a family of 4!! That’s $2500-$4k per day!!

Yikes. Makes Disney seem like peanuts. my two week Disney trip is probably about $10,000 for a family of four….

That's pretty crazy pricing for skiing. We have some incredible spots in Canada - Banff, Blue Mountains, etc.

My daughter is going skiing with her school this week at Blue Mountain - the cost is $85 for a ski lesson, lift ticket, and all of her equipment rentals. Sure, they got a group rate. But if I went on my own it would only be about $125.

That's pretty crazy pricing for skiing. We have some incredible spots in Canada - Banff, Blue Mountains, etc.

My daughter is going skiing with her school this week at Blue Mountain - the cost is $85 for a ski lesson, lift ticket, and all of her equipment rentals. Sure, they got a group rate. But if I went on my own it would only be about $125.
We live near the poconos in PA, and the pricing is like $100-150pp for gear, ski lesson, lift ticket.

My jaw is literally hitting the floor. Check it out online- not kidding. I’m looking at march 20/21/22 and I cannot justify doing two night. Like, who can afford this???

I’m looking at a Hyatt place that’s 1.5mi away that’s more reasonable at $300/night (like a pop value resort lol). Otherwise, ski in/out places are $500-$1500/night.

Insane.

$460 for 9-3pm kids lesson/lift ticket/equipment
$368 for adult half day lesson/lift ticket/equipment.

At least lunch is included for kids lesson. And I have a 10 and 14yr old. $900 for one day of skiing for just my two kids. What??!!!

Park city makes Disney look like a bargain!!!! Maybe we should skip park city but DH has a conference in Salt Lake City and we wanted to add on a 3 night trip to park city. Maybe not, would rather spend the $$$ on Disney lol

I always thought skiing costs more than Disney. Their Ikon and Epic seasonal passes cost almost as much as the Incredipass. While you only need one Incredipass to enjoy all 4 WDW parks, you unfortunately would want both of Ikon and Epic for a great experience. People complain about the high cost of Disney hotels, but just take a look at the current rates of a "deluxe" in Wyoming.

Screenshot_20240129_182141_Chrome.jpg

We live near the poconos in PA, and the pricing is like $100-150pp for gear, ski lesson, lift ticket.

My jaw is literally hitting the floor. Check it out online- not kidding. I’m looking at march 20/21/22 and I cannot justify doing two night. Like, who can afford this???

I’m looking at a Hyatt place that’s 1.5mi away that’s more reasonable at $300/night (like a pop value resort lol). Otherwise, ski in/out places are $500-$1500/night.

Insane.

$460 for 9-3pm kids lesson/lift ticket/equipment
$368 for adult half day lesson/lift ticket/equipment.

At least lunch is included for kids lesson. And I have a 10 and 14yr old. $900 for one day of skiing for just my two kids. What??!!!

Park city makes Disney look like a bargain!!!! Maybe we should skip park city but DH has a conference in Salt Lake City and we wanted to add on a 3 night trip to park city. Maybe not, would rather spend the $$$ on Disney lol
You're right - that's nuts. I wouldn't pay those prices when you can have amazing skiing vacations for 1/5 the price elsewhere...

I just went to make a change on a BB offer I had on BWI for December. The Saturday night I added was not under the offer, and came in at $900 for the lowest category of room. I got unexpectedly outraged, lol. I said to the very nice, CM, "You know what? That is egregious pricing for a regular room. Just go ahead and cancel the whole thing, I will stay off-site".

I had already reached my limits with the CL pricing but I just found my new limits with standard room pricing. I know, it's 'resort view', but that is the lowest category and you could over look a bus station latticework divider or the parking lot, or roof. So let's not be precious about it. $900. Get outta here. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter