• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need the best motion sickness meds!

Floridadreaming2016

If it is a good day which I doubt
What has worked for you? My DH wants to ride SW lots. My DS wants to do MS orange! Need good stuff for motion sickness.

I don't do meds unless I can sleep, as even Bonine knocks me out. I do like the sea bands. Haven't been brave enough for MS! They are effective for me on everything except EE. (I also don't do Tea Cups or other spinning rides.)

My son and I both have it and both of us love Star Tours! He takes the childrens chewable dramamine and I take the adult less drowsy formula and neither of us has been sick yet! However we are never going to do mission space.

Meclizine! (AKA Less Drowsy Dramamine AKA Bonine). You can ask for it at the Target Pharmacy counter, and they will sometimes have a 100 pill bottle for like $4 (whereas Dramamine is like $6 for 8). I take 2 (50mg) every morning at Disney when I travel, or basically anytime I might be a passenger of any sort.Most people can take just 25mg. It doesn't make me the least bit drowsy. My motion sickness is so severe I can't watch moving things without being nauseated.

I can't make promises about MS Orange, though. I've taken it on every insane coaster you can imagine, but I'm afraid to try that centrifuge!

I use Bonine and it works pretty well. But I've never tried Mission Space.
I get really bad car sickness and took Bonine the night before I left then another one the morning before and was fine in a very old rented RV ( that bounced a lot) for about 18 hours even played a few card games. I do not have problems on rides at disney

Bonine for sure and make the rides in question either right before lunch or the last thing you do at the park before you leave that way you have recovery time. Motion sickness can ruin the whole day- I would try to make it the last ride/s and just don't it once a day. Trying things twice because you didn't yak the first time is not a permission slip to try again. I speak from experience with expedition Everest and mission to Mars.

Bonine here, too. I won't ride Mission Space but it works on other rides that tend to make me dizzy/sick (going backwards on Everest does me in if I don't take it). I also took it on our cruise last year and had zero problems. I start taking mine 1-2 days before a trip and then continue with it twice a day (breakfast and dinner) until the trip is done.

I need this thread- thank you!
I've taken non -drowsy dramamine and could not stay awake.
ANd a patch from the doctor which I think was bovine that made my eyesight very blurry :(

Meclizine! I took one every morning as we headed out of the hotel and was fine all day - even on MS orange! And I can hardly sit on a regular park swing without getting dizzy.

I have benign positional vertigo and take Meclizine before hitting the parks...I also keep Zofran with me at all times in Disney. No problems with either.

Go for the good stuff! The transdermal scopolamine patch (only available as a script from your doc). I have tried every over-the-counter option under the sun and none of it worked. With the patch I can ride everything with no problems. No drowsiness. You put a new patch on every 3rd day (behind your ear). I typically cover the patch with one of those round band-aids because you're not supposed to touch them with your fingers (the residue can give you blurry near vision if you get it in your eyes).

Are you prone to motion sickness? If not, you might not need any of these meds. Most people do not get sick on Disney rides, even the motion simulators. If you are prone to motion sickness, sit in the front of Star Tours and other simulators -- the motion is less pronounced there, although the 3D graphics will be more "in your face."

Of course, my basic strategy is to plan meals after any ride that will shake me up or move fast. You can't get very sick if you don't have much in your stomach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter