Need the best motion sickness meds!

Bonine/Meclizine has worked great for anyone I've given it to. DH says they use on deep sea fish for some and he says take one the day before then one each day and you should be fine.

http://www.bonine.com/

Are you prone to motion sickness? If not, you might not need any of these meds. Most people do not get sick on Disney rides, even the motion simulators. If you are prone to motion sickness, sit in the front of Star Tours and other simulators -- the motion is less pronounced there, although the 3D graphics will be more "in your face."

Yea this. They may not even affect you. I get super bad motion sickness playing first person games and reading in cars, but I can ride mission space over and over because they do a good job of making your brain feel like the movements make sense. I've never had a problem on star tours either.

They tested this on Myth Busters once and concluded that ginger worked best. I always take ginger snaps when I'm flying. I believe Altoids has a ginger mint.

Ginger chews are the only thing that ever work for me.

Well, technically Dramamine does work since it's pretty difficult to be nauseous when you're unconscious.

ROFL! So true. I havent taken Dramamine in years but I remember it knocking me out for hours. Wonder how the n9n driwsy stuff works.

I use ginger chews to help calm the nausea from motion sickness and migraines. My house is always well-stocked with these! They're cheap, yummy, and, most importantly, they've never failed me (or anyone else I know who's tried them).

We pack a couple of boxes in our backpack when we go to the parks, but I've never gotten motion sickness from the rides at WDW or Universal.

Ginger capsules have always worked well for me. No drowsiness at all. I can take on an empty stomach.

If you have real problems with motion sickness I would suggest calling your family Doctor, and as he or she knows you and your family best, they should be able to suggest the best med for you.

AKK

I take meclizine when I cruise. It's less drowsy but not no-drowsy for me I take it at night before bed. That way, the drowsiness hits while I'm sleeping, and I feel fine the next day.

I am going to try it in June to see if I can ride Star Tours. I tried it before for Mission:Space (before green side existed), and it didn't help me, so orange side is definitely out. I may try to hit TT single rider while the rest of the group do M:S.

My husband also does bonine and it works pretty well for him. It does make him a little drowsy as someone else said, but it doesn't knock him out like regular Dramamine.

I used the Sea Bands at Universal (motion simulators make me sick). I was worried that I'd get sick on the 1st ride, but I rode the Universal simulators all day and never felt queasy once! And NO drowsiness with the sea bands. They are great and they are reusable!

Ginger capsules have always worked well for me. No drowsiness at all. I can take on an empty stomach.
I use ginger chews to help calm the nausea from motion sickness and migraines. My house is always well-stocked with these! They're cheap, yummy, and, most importantly, they've never failed me (or anyone else I know who's tried them).

We pack a couple of boxes in our backpack when we go to the parks, but I've never gotten motion sickness from the rides at WDW or Universal.

Those of you that use ginger, do you take it before the ride (if so, how long before), or is it more of an after ride thing to help with symptoms? Headed to Universal on Tuesday and am prone to motion sickness and worried about those rides!

I can't imagine anything helping with MS orange!! DH and I were nauseous for a good 8 hrs after that one when it first opened. Ruined our day. Never again!

I've taken Dramamine and Bonine. But as someone else mentioned if you want the good stuff you need a prescription (transdermal scopolamine patch).

I had a few left over from a cruise and took it to disney and used it.... works so much better and you don't have to remember to take anything.

Depending on how bad you get motion sickness I would decided if a Bonine will be fine or if you want to talk to your doctor.

Yea this. They may not even affect you. I get super bad motion sickness playing first person games and reading in cars, but I can ride mission space over and over because they do a good job of making your brain feel like the movements make sense. I've never had a problem on star tours either.

I don't like a lot of spinning, but Mission: Space Orange never bothered me. The spinning manifests itself as G Forces. Of course, you have to follow "the rules" to make sure it doesn't affect you: stare straight forward fixedly, don't close your eyes, and don't move your head.

Those of you that use ginger, do you take it before the ride (if so, how long before), or is it more of an after ride thing to help with symptoms? Headed to Universal on Tuesday and am prone to motion sickness and worried about those rides!

I can't imagine anything helping with MS orange!! DH and I were nauseous for a good 8 hrs after that one when it first opened. Ruined our day. Never again!

I take in about an hour before riding. If we are going to be riding later in the afternoon or evening, I take a second dose early afternoon.

I can ride pretty much anything with no problems, however, I still avoid the teacups and I have no desire to go on MS orange!

i get my dr to prescribe me motion sickness pills. Been taking them the last 4 years but nothing ever helps. i still feel sick but i guess not throwing up is a good thing ?

the patch is amazing! I have motion sickness plus developed mal du debarquement so I was a little nervous going on a snorkel cruise. Right as rain the whole time. Bonine will work for milder stuff for me like air travel. Otherwise I just don't tempt the fates.

I take one Bonine each day, starting the night before I leave on my trip. I have never had any issues with drowsiness, but perhaps it's because I am taking it in the evening so any drowsiness may be occurring during my regular sleep. I get motion sickness pretty easily and the Bonine works great for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter