Need Reviews on All Star Vacation Homes

shellbelle

DIS Veteran
I am looking at a 3 bedroom town home in Windor Palms through All Star Vacation Homes. Has anyone ever used them? If so, what did you think?

TIA! :)

We've used them and they are very good. I was a little concerned about possible customer service issues because I've run into some problems off site before, but they were great. Friendly check-in (you'll go to their main office on 192--it's difficult to find) and they immediately came to the condo when there was a (minor) problem.

We stayed at Windsor hills in the condos. The condo itself was very nice. Honestly, it was a little too nice. There were knick-knacks and gee gaws everywhere! With little kids, I had to put them up out of the way, but that was a minor issue. Both bathrooms were huge and there was a ton of space. There were more than enough towels, dishes, etc. I rented two cribs and since the company has a relationship with AllStar, they were set up when I got there. Same with the grocery delivery service. That was a nice added touch.

A couple of issues I had:

It could have been cleaner. You're paying a pretty hefty cleaning fee (over $100) and for that amount, there shouldn't be dirt in the corners and hair in the bathrooms (both of them). The place was immaculate otherwise.

The twin beds were basically broken. They wobbled all night long. We could have had them fixed, but it was a 3 night trip and we never got around to asking. One of the toilets had some issues as well. Again, this is something they could have easily fixed, we just didn't take the time to ask. Not that you should have to. The cleaning people should have noticed the bed issue, as it was pretty obvious.

One other downside is the added fees for security and cleaning. $195 a night looks great for a 3-bedroom condo, but when you add in all the other fees (which are tacked on for a 1 night stay or a 7 night stay regardless, so you pay less per night the longer you stay), it can double your nightly rate. I find them to be more expensive in general. There are other rental agencies in the area that rent homes that are just as nice. You're paying for AllStar's reputation and that does give up peace of mind, but at a price. For example, my twins' preschool teacher went thru a private renter and paid $900 a week for a beautiful 5-bedroom home with a pool. Of course, she was worried about whether or not the owner was legitimate until she checked in.

The drive to the parks was fine. We never encountered any issues except for the Magic Kingdom, which took (including riding the ferry or monorail) over an hour each way.

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter