Need Lots of Help with ADR's

nejjie

Mouseketeer
HI Everyone - here is my park itinerary. I just don't know where to eat and what time for Dec. 11-18th

Sat. - Midafternoon arrival to Pop (no park) - Dinner at Ohana to see the fireworks or at GF, 1900 Park Fare & see fireworks on the beach?

Sun. - DTD & MVMCP - should we eat breakfast at Pop, at a resort or at DTD? We will get snacks at DTD and will stop back at Pop before heading over to MVMCP around 3-4ish. Should we eat Dinner at one of the resorts?

Mon. - Epcot - sleeping in - later Akershus breakfast - very early dinner at Chef de France to see Remy? Illuminations

Tues. - AK - breakfast at one of the resorts? - then Nemo/Tusker Dining pckg?

Wed. - HS - early resort breakfast? Fant dining pckg?

Thurs. - Day off - Mothers Bday - breakfast? lunch - princess tea party for dd and mother? dinner at Hoop De Doo or Contemp. California Grill?

Fri. - MK - early breakfast CP - snack - break - BBB 6:30 and CRT for dinner at 8

Sat. - Departure - Breakfast at Ohana's?

Can anyone please help me out - I don't even know what to choose! =( I don't know where to fit in the Wonderland Tea Party for my dd who loves Alice in Wonderland. I didn't realize how hard this planning really is.

Hi! Welcome to the Dis!

Can you give us some more info? How many in your party and what are their ages? What kinds of food do you like? Are you looking for more "foodie" dining or fun dining?

I think you are heading in the right direction here though...

Welcome to the Board!! Personally, when I do my planning I try to be in the same general area as the meal I'm having. So if I think I want to eat dinner at O'Hana's then in the afternoon I plan to be in the MK. Or if I want lunch at the Rose and Crown then Epcot is the park for me in the morning.

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm is my favorite site for help with dining ideas. This way you can see what's offered and depending on the ages of everyone in your party, you can see just what's what.

Good luck in your planning!!

Hi! Welcome to the Dis!

Can you give us some more info? How many in your party and what are their ages? What kinds of food do you like? Are you looking for more "foodie" dining or fun dining?

I think you are heading in the right direction here though...

Hi - its myself, my mother and my DD who will be turning 5. We really look forward to character dining - we like fun stuff but we still want at good meal. =)

Will you have a car with you? If not, you seem to be planning on a lot of resort meals.

Sat. - Midafternoon arrival to Pop (no park) - Dinner at Ohana to see the fireworks or at GF, 1900 Park Fare & see fireworks on the beach?

You will probably want your ADR to be 2 hours before the Fireworks are scheduled to start. From my experience, and what I've heard around here 1900 Park Fare has very long waits for ADRs, so you'll want to make sure you have plenty of time to eat your meal before the fireworks start. Ohanas won't be as bad I don't think...but 1 1/2 hour would still be a good idea.
I would say attempt to get an ADR between 6 & 6:30 at either place.

Sun. - DTD & MVMCP - should we eat breakfast at Pop, at a resort or at DTD? We will get snacks at DTD and will stop back at Pop before heading over to MVMCP around 3-4ish. Should we eat Dinner at one of the resorts?

Breakfast at DTD or Pop would be the best choice. It would take extra travel to get to one of the resorts, so I don't think its worth it.

Dinner - I would pick a restaurant in the Magic Kingdom, or a late lunch at the resorts, so you can still get to the Magic Kingdom by 4 or 5. Trying to go later will just cut into your party time. You could do the Wonderland Tea Party this day, then just have a light dinner at the party.

Mon. - Epcot - sleeping in - later Akershus breakfast - very early dinner at Chef de France to see Remy? Illuminations

Tues. - AK - breakfast at one of the resorts? - then Nemo/Tusker Dining pckg?

This is another one that I wouldn't recommend doing a breakfast at a resort. It's so much extra travel that by the time you're done you would have cut into your early morning park time. If you do decide to do this, then you should try to plan at least 4 maybe 5 hours between the two meals. So if you get an 8am ADR at Boma, don't plan on Tusker House until 1 or 2pm.

Wed. - HS - early resort breakfast? Fant dining pckg?

Again, this will likely cut into your park time. The character breakfast buses start running fairly early, but you would have to transfer once you got to a park.

Thurs. - Day off - Mothers Bday - breakfast? lunch - princess tea party for dd and mother? dinner at Hoop De Doo or Contemp. California Grill?

Fri. - MK - early breakfast CP - snack - break - BBB 6:30 and CRT for dinner at 8

Can anyone please help me out - I don't even know what to choose! =( I don't know where to fit in the Wonderland Tea Party for my dd who loves Alice in Wonderland. I didn't realize how hard this planning really is

If you will have a car with you, then a lot of my advice is slightly irrelevant.

Hi - its myself, my mother and my DD who will be turning 5. We really look forward to character dining - we like fun stuff but we still want at good meal. =)

If you daughter is 5 and you are wanting to do character dining, I would really consider doing either breakfast or lunch at CRT rather than dinner. Unless things have changed, dinner only involves the fairy godmother - not any of the princesses. Dinner would still be cool, but I know my daughter absolutely loved breakfast with the princesses in the castle.

Agree with Ms. WDW....we try to plan which area we are going to be in and then plan meals accordingly. (Although we are park hoppers, so we tend to plan breakfast and/or lunch that way, and then dinner wherever we want to eat.) It seems you are already thinking that way so you are on the right track!

I've not tried O'hana or 1900 Park Faire although I've heard good reviews of both. You'll be able to see the fireworks from the beach at either resort, so I guess that depends on which menu is more appealing to you.

Sunday: Breakfast at Pop sounds good, unless you want a character breakfast. Have you thought about dinner in MK? Or you could have O'hana this night, since that's on the monorail loop and you could easily get to MK from there.

Your Epcot day seems like fun!

There is a character breakfast at Tusker House at AK. Haven't done the dining package for Nemo here so I can't comment on that.

In terms of California Grill vs. Hoop de doo...they are vastly different experiences. I myself would say the Grill, especially if you can schedule your meal during the fireworks...but it depends on how much you like fine dining vs. barbecue. And also how much your daughter will enjoy a fairly grown up meal where she'll need to sit for an extended period.

Have fun!!

If you daughter is 5 and you are wanting to do character dining, I would really consider doing either breakfast or lunch at CRT rather than dinner. Unless things have changed, dinner only involves the fairy godmother - not any of the princesses. Dinner would still be cool, but I know my daughter absolutely loved breakfast with the princesses in the castle.
Things have recently changed ;)

Princesses at all meals in CRT now.

Things have recently changed ;)

Princesses at all meals in CRT now.

Good to know, thanks! I would much rather have done a breakfast buffet at CP and a sit down dinner at CRT when we went last year. Hopefully they keep it that way!

I found out that they now have the same characters at brkfst and lunch at dinner as well at CRT. So that is great! =)

Wed. - HS - early resort breakfast? Fant dining pckg? I TOTALLY recommend the Fantasmic Dining Package. I've 'done' H&V about 4 times and HBD last month. Let me know if you have any questions. HBD was pricey... H&V gets bad reviews on here but was perfect for my family. MM's is an option...check their menu out and see what you think ...but I'll probably ALWAYS opt for the F! dining .

Thurs. - Day off - Mothers Bday - breakfast? lunch - princess tea party for dd and mother? dinner at Hoop De Doo or Contemp. California Grill? Last visit (May 2010) we did both... DS18 and I. as PP mentioned both are VERY different dining experiences.... I think for 3 generations... the HDDR would be FUN... we enjoyed both experiences....if you book HDDR...make sure you get all the info on 'getting there' it was more involved than I had planned. Cali Grill has great views on the observation deck...but I would be nervous on there with a 5 yr old.

Fri. - MK - early breakfast CP - snack - break - BBB 6:30 and CRT for dinner at 8 CRT is a Family Tradition....and as PP's mentioned Princesses for ALL Meals... WONDERFUL Choice.....you can't go wrong!

Done Breakfast at 'Ohana's about 4 times over the years and ALWAYS recommend...it's a blast ....5 yr old will have fun...you will enjoy this...

Have a Magical visit ! HUGS... Mary

We'll be at POP at the same time, so I've been reading the responses to your question too. I'm just now getting ready to plan where we want to eat and when. Usually I have this planned out waaaaaaay early!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter