**Naomi and Chris - DFTW Oct 2011!**

Just thought I'd stop by and say "welcome"! Congrats on your engagement and it's never too soon to start planning. Don't worry too much about your family... they'll come around eventually and if not then you're better off without them there anyways! I know 2011 sounds like a long way off but it will fly by. We got engaged in April 2008... so 32 months before our Dec 2010 wedding:lmao:, but we're almost down to 18 months out so it really will be here before you know it!:banana:

Hiya! Welcome! Like some of the other girls said, it's never too early to start planning! My DF and I started checking out the DL wedding sites probably 26 months before our tentative wedding date.

My MOH bought me a wedding bible about a month ago, and it's really helpful! So, definitely make sure you get your hands on one.

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to hearing about all your plans! :goodvibes

Sooo... since I've had a bit of a rough week what with a funeral, I decided to pop in to the Bridal shop that is just around the corner from where I live and have made an appointment to try on a few dresses tomorrow! Wooo! I'm not planning on buying anything as its still too far out and I could be massively fat by the time its rolls round, but I'm hoping to get a better idea of what suits me! And of course to have loads of childish dressing up fun with my girls - :yay: Excited!

Thanks for all the info about site visits. I think I'll have a look around when we head over next Sept. I've been trying to get my head round whether it would be better to do a Wishes or an Escape package. I can't imagine that we will have more than 20 at the moment, so its not so much about numbers, but I'm thinking would it be more worthwhile to have the Wishes to have all the little extras (e.g. floral etc) and the reception sorted out? I'm guessing you have to book a Dessert Party on top of this? Do you think its actually possible to do a ceremony, reception and DP for the $12,000 minimum?! and also... are you allowed to add your own little touches like homemade centre pieces? I'm guessing its all has to be done through Disney??

Sooo many questions...!!

I sometimes wonder about doing escape as opposed to wshes, but to be honest I think if I did escape it would come out above the $12k minimum anyway!

Wishes encapsulates everything basically, so ceremony, rception, DP, floral, transport, food etc. And depending when you have it (I'm going weekday, low seaon) there is a minimum amount all of that undle ahs to come to. (For us it's gonna be about $12k depending on if prices change - weekends are $25k!!)

But for an escape package at the wedding pavillion it is over $6k plus and extra $500 as we'll have over the 18 guests, plus reception location and food, plus dessert party location and food, plus extra transport and music etc. I'm pretty sure wishes is the better option.

Have fun with the dresses tomorrow!! :bride:

Have fun with the dresses tomorrow lovely!! :goodvibes And a :hug: for the rough week!

Bob xooxoxxo

Hi Guys!

Wedding dress shopping is sooo much fun. I went for the first time on Sat afternoon with two of my closest friends (who are gonna be BMs) It was a local shop just round the corner from my house. I went in with a completely clear head as I have no idea of what suits me and what doesn't. When we arrived the lady told me to pick out a few dresses to get me started. With the help of my trusty BM's I think I picked out about 5/6 dresses, tried to get some varying styles, a sweetheart neckline here an A line there, a massive princessy one, even a fishtail (very Ariel)

Trying them on was fantastic! I partciaulry liked wearing the hoop and making the dresses extra poofy! I dont have pics of all the dresses as they are on my friends phone, but I do have pics of my two fav ones.

The first being the sweetheart neckline...
Photo0084.jpg

I'm not particulary keen on the skirt or the gold threading, but I LOVE the shape of the top half!

After a few more dresses I tried one on with a rouched skirt, I loved the skirt but not the top half. When I said this to the lady , she said that she had a dress in mind that she thought I would love, so she told me to turn away from the mirror and not to look until it was all done up...

Photo0100.jpg

This isn't a great pic of the dress to be honest, my friend has a much better one, which I will put up when I get. I really really liked this dress but I didnt feel an amazing "Oh my Gos, this is the one" feeling. But with over two years to go, that doesnt matter!

Just to feel extra dressy I also tried on a veil - I am LOVING the veils!

Photo0104.jpg

Overall it was such a great day, I'm def going to be doing lots more of these!!

In other news, my dad called me and has said that he will be coming to the wedding! I knew he would come around. Ive also had other people that werent so keen suddenly become very intersted. No one can resist the Disney magic! HA! :wizard:

I have also been scouring the net and Brides mags for more ideas. I'll put some of my ideas up soon. Knowing me tho I'll change my mind. - While I'm here I was just wondering whether anyone knew - do you get the 4 night accomdation in the Wishes Package that you get in the Escape? Does this 4 night accomdation think still happen? I'm getting confused with all the random info Ive been reading!!

Wow! Beautiful photos! :) You look lovely in both dresses! :)

I love how the shop gave you a bouquet to hold too!! Very good for effect!

Trying a veil on for the first time was more fun for me that having a dresses on in a funny way, very fun and VERY bridey. :)

Oooh, just found your PJ! Congrats from another UK 2011 bride! The dresses you tried on are beautiful!! Pleased to see other people planning so early and not just fruitloops like me!!! Have fun!!

Hi! Welcome to the planning process! I haven't tried any dresses on yet but your pictures make it look so fun I'm slighlty jealous! I'm with you on Sea Breeze Point, that's my choice too. The WP is lovely, and it's iconic and I get that, but SBP is just so beautiful. LOVE IT. :lovestruc Best of luck with the rest of your planning!

Hello... I'm back!

Been off the boards for quite a while due to going on holiday and moving house, just got my broadband back yesterday so I've been catching up reading everyomes threads!

We are pretty much settled in our love;y new house now which means I can go back to manically planning again! I havent really done much planning at all, although I did buy a necklace whilst in Tenerife that could be a serious contender to wear on the Big Day. I also recived the info pack that Disney send out to you and got very excited. Haha!

My main concern at the moment is making sure we are puttng money by, especially as moving house has not been kind to my bank account. Im also in need of a new car! Arrggh!

So its back to the planning we go...

Have fun dress shopping!!! You will find the one that makes you say this is the one.

So, this is what I've been thinking so far...

I want COLOURS! Major colour!

WeddingColours.jpg

It may look a bit mad, but Im thinking I'd like the main colours to be Fuschia, Orange and Purple. I LOVE purple.

I have also found these colours and thought they look lovely...

BlueandPurple.jpg

I really like the blue, but still am slightly more attracted to the first one.

Along with these colours I'd like my Bridemaids to have brightly coloured dresses and ones that arent too formal, like so...

pinkdress.jpg

purpledress.jpg

orangedress.jpg

I'd still like to wear a white dress tho, or perhaps something ivory / gold. Chris has said that he'd like to wear an orange tie, so I'll have to figure what I can wear that goes with that...

Maybe I should just go all out and get a massive purple dress?!? :)

The accommodation thing that you mentioned previously for escape and wishes weddings isn't something that Disney gives you. The 4 nights for escape packages is what you and your wedding party are required to book. If that makes sense, for Wishes packages it's 25 nights. Once you've got the 25 nights booked Disney gives the bride and groom a free night. - If that makes any sense at all! :rotfl:

Haveyou seen the movie "confessions of a shopaholic"? I love the bridesmaid dresses in it, and if it suited what I was going for I'd completely have them! I'm still considering trying to work out a way to have the under skirts under my dress.

I just read your pj and I must say that I love your colors. They are simply stunning. Can't wait to read more.

OMG I love the colors!!! I can't decide if I love the purple, pink and orange or the one with the teal better!!! Great choices!

Hi from another UK 2011 bride ( well it's a Vow Remewal really but takes the same planning)
I am planning an Escape package for 3 May 2011 (hopefully - drat that 8 month mark!!!) with a few upgrades. I have contacted Randy for photography and am in the process of sending his deposit away. I also plan (at this stage) to upgrade to a 'Mad Hatter cake which at the moment will be an extra $250.00, though will probably be more than that when the time comes!!!
I am hoping for SPB at 2.30pm with dinner at 5.30pm at the Yachtsman Steakhouse and a dessert party later at Epcot. I guess it depends on how many guests I end up with as to where that will actually be!! I will be inviting 15 excluding DH and myself but could well end up with just 7 or 8.

I know that 2011 is a long way off but we will support each other kid!! You seem further along with your planning than me and I really must start a PJ

Hugs
Joanne

Haveyou seen the movie "confessions of a shopaholic"? I love the bridesmaid dresses in it, and if it suited what I was going for I'd completely have them! I'm still considering trying to work out a way to have the under skirts under my dress.

Noo I haven't seen it!! But I really want to! doesnt the designer from Sex and the City make all her dresses?? Love it! - Doesnt she wear underskirts that are all different colours?! That would be amazing!

I just read your pj and I must say that I love your colors. They are simply stunning. Can't wait to read more.

Thank you! Hopefully it will look stunning and not too scary! ;)

OMG I love the colors!!! I can't decide if I love the purple, pink and orange or the one with the teal better!!! Great choices!

Thanks! I've had some trouble sticking to my decisions, everytime I look at the teal one I like it more and more. Thank god I've got ages to decide!

I know that 2011 is a long way off but we will support each other kid!! You seem further along with your planning than me and I really must start a PJ

Hey! You should like you have waaay more planned then me! You have made all the important choices! I LOVE the mad hatter cake! and I love SBP too, infact all your plans sound very similar to what I'm thinking... :thumbsup2

I'm majorly excited that I managed to do this 'multi quote thing' - yay!

Anyways, I keep having mini panic attacks about money. My car is on its way out, and I know I should be putting serious money away but it seems that everything is sooo expensive and Ive still got to pay our holiday to WDW for next year off. Im a little bit scared that I might not save enough in time... :scared:

Noo I haven't seen it!! But I really want to! doesnt the designer from Sex and the City make all her dresses?? Love it! - Doesnt she wear underskirts that are all different colours?! That would be amazing!

IslaFullMATRIX_468x740.jpg

isla-fisher-shopaholic-031108-0004.jpg

I love it!

Anyways, I keep having mini panic attacks about money. My car is on its way out, and I know I should be putting serious money away but it seems that everything is sooo expensive and Ive still got to pay our holiday to WDW for next year off. Im a little bit scared that I might not save enough in time... :scared:

I know I'm the same way! We still haven't paid off the credit cards from our holiday, and I don't want to start saving for the wedding until we've done that, and everything IS so expensive! It's Tax time, and car insurance time, and so many bills! And it just keeps going! :eek:

isla-fisher-shopaholic-031108-0004.jpg

Haha! Thats so cool! :thumbsup2

First off, let me say that I love the She-ra top! ;)

Secondly, Best wishes on the planning! I'm so excited for another purple bride...we're going purple and green, but I love your colors. So bright and happy!

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks, the T Shirt was a bargain, I love She-ra!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter