**Naomi and Chris - DFTW Oct 2011!**

Nommi

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking on these boards for a really long time now and I've now finally got the courage to start my PJ (and do an actual first post - woo!) and make the prospect of a DFTW even more real!

I'm Naomi :hippie:
and am lucky enough to be marrying the most gorgeous guy ever - Chris pirate:

I have been with Chris for over 4 years now, we met back in 2003 when I started working in a bowling alley (classy eh!) He was the bar man and I was the Sales Advisor who would go and ask him for a glass of water every 5 mins just to talk to him. We were friends for over a year and evetually got together after I came back from a month in Oz and he realised how much missed me. From then on we were inseperable. We got engaged back in Januray on our 4th 'anniversary' - he propsed with a big chocolate heart with 'will you marry me' iced on to it! - Chocolate is the way to my heart!

I have thought that I'd never want the usual wedding formula here in the UK and have always wanted to do something really different (which of course incorporates my love of all things Disney)

I don't know how all you ladies have found telling your family that you want a Disney wedding but I've already come up against major backlash, mainly from my Dad who has even told me that I'm selfish for having a wedding so far away from the UK and doing something so different. After much crying and major anger and lots of support from everyone else we've decided we are still gonna go for it and have even gone as far as thinking that we'd like to do it in Octover 2011 to give famly lots of time to save up. So now I can start getting excited!!

So hopefully this will be the first post of many and believe me... I'm am gonna need lots of help (I'm a massive worrier!)

Hello from another UK Bride!

Chocolate is a way to every girls heart ay!

What you must remember is that its your wedding, and dont be pressured into something you dont want. You must follow your heart. I got lots of backlash about a disney wedding and purely its because half of the people hadnt been to disney before and thought it was tacky. well- i am gonig to prove them wrong!

Welcome to the boards, us DIS girls are always here if you need support! Hope you have a fun time with your planning!!

:flower3:

Hey there! Looking forward to hearing more of your plans!! :goodvibes :lovestruc :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxoxox

:wave2: Welcome and happy planning.

:grouphug: Sorry to hear about the backlash. A lot of brides on here go through something simmilar. If you stand your ground and do what you want, more often than not the haters will come around. My FMIL absoutely refuses to come to our wedding because it's too far away (and we're not even overseas!) but in the end, we decided that having our wedding be ours was more important than pleasing her. Seriously the best advice I got was to put on a pair of :cool2: and do your thing. It's your and your DF's wedding - no one elses.

You have lots of time, so hopefully your dad will come around once he sees that you're not backing down.

Good luck with everything!

:hug:

First off, congrats on the engagement and the yummy chocolate. I was going to be a Oct 2011 dis bride but we're impatient and now it's 2010. Giving people a long time to save money is definitely smart and nice of you. People stink sometimes and you know what, if people don't want to "make the effort" they are not going to contribute to your wedding anyway. I know it seems awful to say that, but it's your day, and you are giving them the privilege to share that with you and if they reject it then they don't deserve to be there.

Aw thanks guys! You are all so sweet! :goodvibes

I can't believ how negative some people can be about something that is might to be fun for everyone! People seem to think that a wedding in Disney World will be some mega cheese-tack-fest! I had one friend ask if guests were required to wear costumes...:lmao:

I'm hoping that my Dad will eventually come round but to be honest its his choice if he doesnt want to come. I'm thinking that we want to have a rememorable day that we really enjoy and this is the way to do it!

I actually got my first Bride Magazine today and scared myself with all the info in it haha! Guess I'm lucky I've got so long to plan!

We are still unsure whether we want to do a Escape Wedding or a Wishes yet. I was all for the Escape at first, but the more and more I read about Wishes the more I want it!

At the moment we are torn between WP or SBP for the ceremony, Chris was blown away by WP and I'd really like to pick something that he would really like to stop me taking over everything, but I looooove SBP and think it would be so romantic! We are also really keen on a Desert Party which is what is making Wishes so attractive.

As for reception ideas we are a little stuck at the moment. I can't imagine that we will have loads of guests, probably no more than 20ish and think that maybe some of the rooms would be a little overwhelming? We both like the look of Jiko at the moment, but I have heard of people having recpetions in the Rainforst Cafe which might be cool, we want a laid back vibe. Not sure yet though...

The bit I'm getting excited about at the moment though (besides the dress which I'm guessing is still too early to buy) is the Heads Up / Save the Dates. I've had some cute ideas in mind, but the only think putting a downer on starting them is knowing that people arent keen on coming! I'm also weary about inivting lots of family as we only want very close family and friends there, but don't wnat to offend anyone by leaving them out. Arggh! :confused3

I think I might start compiling a really basic list and just go for it with the STD's, I want to get them out asap so people have plenty of time to save. Sooo excited!! :cutie:

Congrats!! Its your wedding and you will only do this once so do whatever you want to do. Once they are at the wedding they will have so much fun.

I am having a Reception once i get home for the people who could not go to Florida could still celebrate with us. Its something you could think about doing.

Hi Naomi!!

It's great to see aother UK (and 2011) bride on here!!

We've all had days like that with family unfortunately :hug:

What an awesome proposal!!!

Can't wait to hear more about your plans!!

So we have told a few more people about our plans and FINALLY people have started getting excited, inlcuding my Mum which I'm delighted about! So far its looks like we will def have:

My mum
My Sister
My Aunt and her partner
My three best friends (also to be Bridesmaids)

Im still umming and ahhing over inviting more family, I have a big family and once I start inviting some I'll have to invite them all and we want to keep it small!

We are hoping to tell Chris's family soon. His Grandma passed away a couple of weeks ago and we still have the funeral so we want to give everyone some time.

It still doesnt quite feel like it could all be real, especially since its so far away. My friend wants to come over with a stack of Bride magazines tomorrow to commence the planning... so watch this space... :)

Hi! Welcome and happy planning!! I just wanted to let you know that you can have a dessert party with an escape wedding too! I wasn't sure if you knew that or not based on one of your posts. You can pretty much 'add' anything you want to an escape wedding that you could get in a wishes (at a cost ofcourse), except more guests at the ceremony from what I understand!

And like all the others here said, follow your heart!! It's your wedding, not theirs! :goodvibes

Hello

I thought id pop over since you visited me at my PJ :D

love your introduction so cute but

I am marrying the most gorgeous guy ever - Dave lol

Ok so I'm really excited now as I think I've actually managed to post a pic! Wooo! Its taken me ages to figure out how to do this and I thought I was pretty good with computers...:confused3

Disney2007195.jpg

So this is my gorgeous man and myself in DHS back in 2007, note the 1st Visit badges! We are heading back over to WDW next Septmeber (2010) I'm so freaking excited already and have really had to restrain myself from commencing planning. As you can see I'm not being as restrained with the wedding ideas!

Here is a more recent pic of us at our engagement Party in Mrach
EngagementParty010.jpg

I don't think its a great pic of either of us, but somehow we only got 2 pics of us together on the evening... enjoying my wine too much me thinks! ;)

Last but not least a pic that sums us up... This is how we roll(er disco!)

Rollerdisco024.jpg

Don't worry tho... I'm not planning on wearing any of this at the wedding...

I brought a big book today to start writing down some ideas I've been having. I know its sooo far away but I can't help myself! :goodvibes

Haha i like how you roll!!

I like that you like wine too!! HEHEH - we'd get on well!

You both look so lovely and cute!

Hahaha - awesome!! Love your Disco photo!

I dn't know if you have a wedding folder yet - but check out the Wedding Bible Planner on Amazon - it's really great!!

Aah thanks my lovelies!

So I've been putting some stuff in my nifty planning book. Thanks for the heads up on the planning bible Torsie, I think I may look into getting that in a few months or so. At the moment I'm just trying to put everything into one place as I know I will forget everything if I don't! Have been thinking that it would be great to have a really bright colourful theme, particulary if we went for a photographer like Misty or Randy, their pics look so awesome with loads of colours!

Really excited as we are off to Tenerife in 20 days - woop! and then we are moving house when we get back! (all renting, too scared to buy yet, plus we have major saving to do!) Unfortunatly though I feel like I'm just wishing my life away at the moment. :confused:

I keep getting really excited about all the wedding stuff then think... hmm its still well over two years away!

It'll come round quickly babes!

When I first thought of a date for my wedding it was 27 months away. And now its 22 months away. Still a long time, I know. But 5 months whizz by!! Especially as you have holidays and moving and stuff to think of!

I know when we get back from WDW (which is 18 months out) beofre we know it it'll only be a year away, and then when it's a year away it'll be panic stations!!

Good thinking getting a book to write everything down. I did that after i kept on losing the loose papers I was writing on. Also I love the picture you put on here!!!

Ahh thanks Ann! I'm always forgetting things and losing things. I think I've printed hundreds of images off these boards already!

I know it will start to come around quickly, I'm just soo impatient!

Torsie - Just out of interest when did you first decide to contact Disney about Site Visit? We have got our trip back to WDW planned for next Sept (2010) and think this would be a great time to look at some sites! I'm really tempted just to call them to ask loads of questions but I've got a feeling I should restrain myself! :scared:

We done our site visit in March just gone- and our wedding is next november so thats like what 24+ months out? I think you can do it whenever, they ask you out of interest but it doesnt matter to them. They will show you around locations and talk to you about the wedding stuff but you cant do a ''planning session'' where you can really get into the details and even taste food and cake - but with us UK brides we cant just pop down to WDW for the afternoon to have a planning session so we miss out on the food tasting! haha!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter