• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Naked Guy at It's A Small World

Dude, this is illegal in 30 states. Imagine if it was you, your wife or daughters. They came down a waterslide and their tops or bottoms fell off and someone posted it. Would you be okay with it?
Wasn't really responding to the posting of the video. More was responding to your need to "report" that somebody had placed a link. We don't always need somebody beside the moderators to "police" the board. When a title has naked in it we can assume that those reading the board are okay with the content. But you do you I guess.

Dude, this is illegal in 30 states. Imagine if it was you, your wife or daughters. They came down a waterslide and their tops or bottoms fell off and someone posted it. Would you be okay with it?
What makes streaking in Disney any different then streaking at a ballgame? When one 'bares it all" in public there may be films of the activity. We all are assuming that this guy was mentally ill; but we don't make that same assumption when there were streakers at the Padres game. Could just be somebody wanting odd attention.

Your scenarios are much, much different. A person who loses their top or shorts at a waterpark didn't want to be naked in public, they had an accident with their wardrobe. Drugging a person without their knowing and disrobing them would be SA. Much much different then what happened in Its a Small World.

How does someone who is mentally unstable manage buying a ticket, making a park reservation and getting to the park only to stage their act? Was this a spur of the moment decision by this person? Someone acting on a dare? Someone desperate for social media attention? If the person had been planning it, surely someone else might have had an inkling.

I hope we hear more about the circumstances that lead to such a display. People freaking out on airplanes and now Disneyland. I’m not sure I’m ready to leave the house anymore. Thank heavens there is good security to make sure weapons don’t get in…one can only imagine. Our world is such a crazy place these days. 😢
Heres the thing, we have always had unstable people, autistic people and special needs....this kind of thing didn't happen 30 years ago....

What has changed is people, including those with mental issues, are not affected with a sense of entitlement, to do whatever they want.....consequences free.

And thats why this happens. Nothing else has changed in 50 years.

Heres the thing, we have always had unstable people, autistic people and special needs....this kind of thing didn't happen 30 years ago....

What has changed is people, including those with mental issues, are not affected with a sense of entitlement, to do whatever they want.....consequences free.

And thats why this happens. Nothing else has changed in 50 years.
Overall, I'd agree. I think the prevalence of everyone having a video camera and instant access to the internet is what has changed. People freaked out on the airplane in the 80s. People got naked in public in the 60s. There just weren't 100+ camera in the vicinity to document the events. Its not that we live in a crazier time, its just that we are all untrained armature historians documenting the world around us and sharing.

Overall, I'd agree. I think the prevalence of everyone having a video camera and instant access to the internet is what has changed. People freaked out on the airplane in the 80s. People got naked in public in the 60s. There just weren't 100+ camera in the vicinity to document the events. Its not that we live in a crazier time, its just that we are all untrained armature historians documenting the world around us and sharing.
good point....although for something like like this, I would assume word of mouth would eventually pass this kinda event along....

I do remember Disney having a tough time with people having sex in the parks and on the monorails pre camera phone era, and alot of folks knew that was happening without ...ehm....photographic proof.

good point....although for something like like this, I would assume word of mouth would eventually pass this kinda event along....

I do remember Disney having a tough time with people having sex in the parks and on the monorails pre camera phone era, and alot of folks knew that was happening without ...ehm....photographic proof.
Exactly. Its how urban legends where created in the past. The giant game of telephone. Would have gone from one guy in his skivvies to a full group of naked warriors taking over the castle and we'd all take it on its word. Now a days its "no video no proof didn't happen."

I finally found the video of him IN the ride (still has underwear on) and the look on his face makes it very clear that he is not fully aware of what is going on. Unfortunate that this happened so publicly, I hope he gets the antipsychotic medications, CBT, and/or detox therapy he very badly needs.

I'm not even sure if he should be banned from DL permanently. I think yeah, he will initially, but IMO if he is treated/stable, it should be appealable. Who knows, one day this guy might be a grandpa and wanna take his grandkids there.

I'm really sad all of a sudden, I feel really bad for this guy.

I finally found the video of him IN the ride (still has underwear on) and the look on his face makes it very clear that he is not fully aware of what is going on. Unfortunate that this happened so publicly, I hope he gets the antipsychotic medications, CBT, and/or detox therapy he very badly needs.

I'm not even sure if he should be banned from DL permanently. I think yeah, he will initially, but IMO if he is treated/stable, it should be appealable. Who knows, one day this guy might be a grandpa and wanna take his grandkids there.

I'm really sad all of a sudden, I feel really bad for this guy.

I’ve refrained from posting on this thread because I also saw that video and have seen that look on the face of a family member. He looked completely disconnected with reality and not in an under the influence way. It’s quite sad. He probably had family or friends there who were hoping to have a magical Disney trip and it unfortunately ended this way.

The man was arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure and being under the influence of a controlled substance, police said.
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-11-26/disneyland-streaker-arrested

In plan English: he was on drugs. On Reddit, a credible poster who ties to the Anaheim Police Department said the dude was high.

Let's stop the drama. This wasn't some poor, helpless person with medical problems or experiencing a medical event. This is somebody who went to Disneyland -- a place where children reign -- and take (most likely) illegal drugs. [Let's face it -- Vicodin / etc. doesn't cause you to act like this.]

The man was arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure and being under the influence of a controlled substance, police said.
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-11-26/disneyland-streaker-arrested

In plan English: he was on drugs. On Reddit, a credible poster who ties to the Anaheim Police Department said the dude was high.

Let's stop the drama. This wasn't some poor, helpless person with medical problems or experiencing a medical event. This is somebody who went to Disneyland -- a place where children reign -- and take (most likely) illegal drugs. [Let's face it -- Vicodin / etc. doesn't cause you to act like this.]

In plain English, it says “on suspicion”. People with legitimate mental illnesses often are mistaken for people under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Having empathy or sympathy for someone who is having EITHER a serious mental health issue or a serious substance abuse issue is okay and does not mean someone has any less empathy or sympathy for people who were subjected to their behavior.

“Let’s face it”, the drama usually lies within the person who accuses others of being dramatic.

Last edited:
Drug abuse and mental health disorders are definitely linked. Which came first, the chicken or the egg, is hard to know. I'm not going to automatically excuse the guy's behavior without knowing the circumstances, but I'm also not in a position to judge for the same reason. It may not even be possible to know the cause/effect here.

My gut reaction, I will admit, was anger. I see so much damaging and dangerous behavior now that's connected to both mental health issues and drugs. I don't even know where to direct my anger, but in my town the problem is getting exponentially worse and no one seems to know what to do about it, including me. I guess it's my relative privilege speaking, but one of the reasons I love DLR is because it's something of an escape from what I see every day.

In plain English, it says “on suspicion”. People with legitimate mental illnesses often are mistaken for people under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Having empathy or sympathy for someone who is having EITHER a serious mental health issue or a serious substance abuse issue is okay and does not mean someone has any less empathy or sympathy for people who were subjected to their behavior.

“Let’s face it”, the drama usually lies within the person who accuses others of being dramatic.

The police aren’t guessing, they conducted an investigation that would’ve included the suspect and his companions. They may have even found evidence of drugs on him.

“Suspicion” is not plain English, it’s a legal verbiage used because in America, we are presumed innocent until proven guilty. In the future, when you read crime related articles, pay attention to how often it’s used. People who are arrested after committing violent crimes on camera are often described as being arrested “on suspicion.”

And? This means we can't be human and show empathy?

No one here agrees with what he did. However, addiction is a disease and as someone who has had beloved and close family members suffer and die from it, I do have empathy for this man, but also for his family. No one was harmed, except himself, and I hope he gets help for his problems. And if he someday he does come out the other side healthy and sober, he's still going to have to live his life with one of his worst moments posted on the internet for the entire world to see.

Interesting that we have not heard any of the rest of the story up until now. Not even a name., not how long he had been in the park, who he was with, what ride he had been on just prior - nothing. You think Disney does not know any of this? Not a chance - they know ALL of this information! The silence is deafening.

The police aren’t guessing, they conducted an investigation that would’ve included the suspect and his companions. They may have even found evidence of drugs on him.

“Suspicion” is not plain English, it’s a legal verbiage used because in America, we are presumed innocent until proven guilty. In the future, when you read crime related articles, pay attention to how often it’s used. People who are arrested after committing violent crimes on camera are often described as being arrested “on suspicion.”

I went to law school, so I’m very familiar with the legal system. Being arrested and being charged are two different things. Nothing in the article you posted says he was charged with a crime. The police have been known to get it wrong sometimes.

But that is beside the point. You seem to understand that he is innocent until proven guilty but completely missed my entire point so I will repeat it: People expressing empathy for this person regardless of the cause of their behavior are not being dramatic.

Interesting that we have not heard any of the rest of the story up until now. Not even a name., not how long he had been in the park, who he was with, what ride he had been on just prior - nothing. You think Disney does not know any of this? Not a chance - they know ALL of this information! The silence is deafening.

Disney likes to keep stuff like this as quiet as possible. Some of it will be public information, but Disney will never say anything about it. "No Comment" is their mantra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter