MYW Base Ticket and Hopping?

ksoehrlein

Once (and Future?) CM
Disney says you cannot hop with a MYW base ticket, but what if you were willing to use 2 of your "days" and 2 different parks on the same calendar date? Will they allow that? It may be worth doing with a 7- or 10-day pass, but I won't worry about doing the math if it's not possible to begin with. Anyone try?

I read on Mousesavers that Disney did not allow this. I am sure someone has tried it though.

I've read several places that it's not allowed. The computer system knows that you've already been in a park.

With base tickets you can only go to one park per day. Period! You can come and go out of the SAME park as often as you want, but not two parks on the same day.

When we were at WDW this month we wanted to do this but it is not allowed. Even the cm's don't understand why

Assume you were only going to park hop one or two days. It would be cheaper to just add extra base days rather than pay for the hopper option for your entire trip.

Disney isn't stupid so that's why they set it up that way. They also don't want the complaints from people who bought the base tickets saying they thought they bought the hoppers and trying to get an adjustment later in the trip.

The reasoning behind it is that it's simply a limitation of the computer system.

The admission computers are only capable of deducting one day of admission in a 24 hour period.

They call them "x day base" tickets because the computer looks at them in terms of the days - not the number of parks you visit.

Too bad. Guests were allowed to do it with the Value pass that was offered 10+ years ago when I worked at WDW. Then again, that was before the magnetic stip system was implemented. (Am I dating myself here, or what?)

Thanks for sharing your experiences with this.

SnackyStacky said:
The reasoning behind it is that it's simply a limitation of the computer system.
Are you sure?

If guests were allowed to consume multiple days off of their passes for the purpose of hopping, then nobody would in his right mind would buy the hopping option for $37. and this also defeats Disney's business model of selling you more days' admission for as little three dollars a day to get you to actually report to the parks on that many different days and hopefully buy food and souvenirs.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/dispass.htm

<small>The reason why the business class business model is not working for airlines is that fewer and fewer businesses are flying their business men and business women on business trips in business class.</small>

ksoehrlein said:
Too bad. Guests were allowed to do it with the Value pass that was offered 10+ years ago when I worked at WDW. Then again, that was before the magnetic stip system was implemented. (Am I dating myself here, or what?) [...]
That's OK; last December, I couldn't find one CM who would honor my E-tickets ;) ....

seashoreCM said:
Are you sure?

If guests were allowed to consume multiple days off of their passes for the purpose of hopping, then nobody would in his right mind would buy the hopping option for $37. and this also defeats Disney's business model of selling you more days' admission for as little three dollars a day to get you to actually report to the parks on that many different days and hopefully buy food and souvenirs.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/dispass.htm

<small>The reason why the business class business model is not working for airlines is that fewer and fewer businesses are flying their business men and business women on business trips in business class.</small>

Yes I'm sure that the reasoning is a computer limitation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter