My Butt Feels Weird-September 2016 TR *Completed 1/19*

I love first haircut recaps. It's such a special moment, and it's so cool that it gets to be done at Disney. You'll hear no judgement from me on waiting 2 years to get your son's hair cut. My son was 2 years, 3 months and I wanted to wait longer. There's just something about that haircut that turns their baby faces into toddlers, and for a mom that can be bittersweet.

Stupid rain! I'm glad it ended up clearing up. DS looks so cute after his haircut, I'm glad it went off without a hitch!
Thanks, I was surprised he was so good, my other two still hate haircuts.

How cute! Also glad you two get to spend some time together, especially without rain.
Yeah, I was so glad it stopped for awhile at least.

What a way to wake up... DS does the same thing when he gets a cold. He'll end up throwing up in the morning, but then he's fine after that. Never fun though, and especially not on vacation. I'm glad he recovered and you all got to enjoy your breakfast at Chef Mickey!
I hope he doesn't make this a habit, he gets sick a lot. But I'm glad he recovered well.

Congrats on the first haircut experience! Can't think of a better place to get it!
That was my though too, at least if I had to do it, it might as well have been there.

First haircut at Disney is such a great memory. I don't think that's a bad price at all. Especially getting the mickey ears as a souvenir.
No, it definitely one of the better deals they have. A regular haircut is cheaper, only $13 I think.

I love first haircut recaps. It's such a special moment, and it's so cool that it gets to be done at Disney. You'll hear no judgement from me on waiting 2 years to get your son's hair cut. My son was 2 years, 3 months and I wanted to wait longer. There's just something about that haircut that turns their baby faces into toddlers, and for a mom that can be bittersweet.
It was so good, felt a little bad about DH missing it though. I'm glad I'm not the only one, it was like as soon as that hair was gone he instantly got older, DH didn't understand my attachment to it.

Day 2-Part 3

The PP guys were still not around so I got my own pictures in front of the castle.

I need these for my house

Hello Again :lovestruc

Then we made our way to my favorite land, Tomorrowland. You can just barely see on the left the blue rocks and on the right the old orange ones.

The wait times were so low, I think most things were only five or ten minutes with the expectation of SDMT, which was still only 40 minutes. I didn’t want to do much without the other two, so we opted for my favorite MK attraction, the Peoplemover.

DS2 was so funny in this completely silent amazement as we went around.

Since I was only able to book two FPs for later during the party, I booked my 3rd for just me and DS2 for Winnie the Pooh next.

Again, he loved it and just kind watched everything in awe. At this point it was almost 12 and I was feeling guilty having all this fun while everybody else was stuck at the hotel with no room, so we made our way to the front of the park. I popped in the Emporium to check out some of the Halloween merch I had been eyeing on the Disney Parks app, I was waiting to buy though.

When we came out of the shop I heard the trolley show music, but couldn’t find the performers so we moved toward the exit.

DS2 was fascinated by the scarecrows out front so I got pictures of them all.

And one with DS2, doesn't he looked thrilled :rotfl2:

We finally saw a PP guy out taking pictures so we got in line.

I actually hated out they came out, because they are super zoomed in and taken with a fisheye lens:crazy2:. We could not get DS2 to take out this paci. This is a trend for the entire trip. We normally would only let him have it for sleeping, but I think he was so overwhelmed by everything that he needed and used it for the entire trip. You will see it in practically every picture of the trip, but thankfully we went through the painful process of getting rid of the paci for good right when we got back. Another one of those wanting to delay the passage from baby to kid:blush:.

I once again heard the trolley show music and asked the PP about it. He told me that they may just be traveling down the street and not performing due to the rain. I decided to investigate and they did finally make it to the train station.

I was hard to get good pictures because a wall of CMs stood right in front of the performers, I assume to block people from walking into the show, but geez isn’t there a way to for this without blocking the guests from actually viewing the show?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/MLQkbE]

The show was as good as ever. I did think it was funny that Main Street was decked out for fall, but the trolley show was still dressed and singing about summe:confused3r. After the trolley show, it really was time to leave.

I chose to take the resort boat, something that I have never had the opportunity to use before.

Finally at the Poly

Continued Below
[/url]

We met back up with the boys and my mom and made our way over to Pineapple Lanai.

This was a new treat for everybody expect me.

Everybody loved them, although DS2 did start to fall asleep while eating his. Before he could actually fall asleep though DS4 got him all riled. My mom and I had to sort our credit cards out so that my magicband was attached my card and hers to her card. I also got my lei, as did DS2.

DS4 wanted a new one as well.

I wanted to walk around to try to get DS2 to go to sleep and I think the others were bored at the Poly so I suggested taking the monorail over to the GF. It was the only monorail hotel my mom had yet to see and I knew it was modeled after the Hotel Del Coronado. This is a hotel in San Diego that my mom would go to with her uncle every Sunday after church when she was pregnant with me, so I thought she would like to see it just for that reason.

After a quick monorail ride, we were at GF.

DS2 had fallen asleep on the ride over, so I took him into Basin so I could look around, while my mom and the other two boys went to look around. I ended up buys two pumpkin shaped soaps, one for me one for my mom, a mickey head gingerbread soap, and five bath bombs. My mom and the boys found the little kid area with the TV, which they loved.

I saw a text when leaving Basin that our room was ready. By this point it was 1:15 and I wanted time to get settled in out room before our ADR for dinner. I texted my mom so we could meet up.

I met back up with my mom and we got back on the monorail to head back to the Poly.

We easily found our room, it was a short walk from the Grand Ceremonial House over to Aotearoa.

Our room 3219.

I was in love with the view. You could actually hear the train whistle if you stood out on the balcony.

If only I had the money to stay there every time:sad1:. We quickly got settled and then I had to run back to bell services to get the stroller and water I had ordered from Kingdom Strollers.

I found this guy on the walk back to the GCH
We relaxed until it was time for our dinner ADR.

Last edited:

Definitely some nice mother son time in MK. I'm sure you really airboat getting to have some one on one time with him.

You will see it in practically every picture of the trip, but thankfully we went through the painful process of getting rid of the paci for good right when we got back. Another one of those wanting to delay the passage from baby to kid:blush:.
Don't blame you at all. Sometimes you've got to pick your battles and this is probably one of those things best left for after a trip.

How nice to have one-on-one time with ds2! I just got back and my 2 year old sucked his thumb the entire time, which is usually just something he does when he's tired. It's such an overwhelming place!

Sounds like you had some nice quality time with DS2! Glad you were finally able to spot the Trolley Show!

Your room looks so nice and that view is awesome!

Following along! I read a previous TR of yours somewhere, and your kids just get cuter and cuter! I'm glad you had some one on one time! But I'm slightly scared to see it go downhill! Lol! :jester:

Definitely some nice mother son time in MK. I'm sure you really airboat getting to have some one on one time with him.
It was really fun, I love getting one on one time with my kids which is so rare, I'm sure you understand.

Don't blame you at all. Sometimes you've got to pick your battles and this is probably one of those things best left for after a trip.
So true, I am a pick your battles person and we really needed the paci this summer with all our traveling.

How nice to have one-on-one time with ds2! I just got back and my 2 year old sucked his thumb the entire time, which is usually just something he does when he's tired. It's such an overwhelming place!
Yeah, I think he would have had a much harder time if we had taken it away before. He doesn't suck his thumb and doesn't really have any other self-soothing techniques, I'm glad we waited. Just wish it wasn't in all the pictures.

Sounds like you had some nice quality time with DS2! Glad you were finally able to spot the Trolley Show!
Me too, I love the trolley show.

Your room looks so nice and that view is awesome!
I loved the room so much, wish I could have that view all the time.

Following along! I read a previous TR of yours somewhere, and your kids just get cuter and cuter! I'm glad you had some one on one time!
:welcome: and thank you, I think they're pretty cute too ;).
But I'm slightly scared to see it go downhill! Lol! :jester:
:rotfl2:I'm scared to relive it

Day 2: Part 4

Our ADR was for my favorite Disney restaurant, and for the first time the commute there was just a stroll away.

We checked in and were seated fairly quickly, I guess that’s a perk of eating dinner at 3:30.

You'll never see a kid who loves food more than this one.

The boys stuck to the kiddie offerings, while my mom and I enjoyed the grown up fare. Overall I was a little disappointed with the quality of the food this time, but not so much that I would stop me from going back.

See? Love his food.

DS6 enjoyed the coconut race.

We ended up getting to the park a little after 5, which didn’t leave us much time to get to our FP.

We had two different FPs me and DS4 at Splash and my mom and DS6 at SDMT both expiring at 5:30. We might have had enough time with the extra 15 minutes they give you, but they were directing everyone with party tickets into the backstage area behind Main Street (the Plaza side) to pick up bags, maps, and to get candy. It was very crowded and slow moving and by the time we got through it was almost 5:30. It was weird because they gave us a baggie full of candy here, I am not sure if this process is new this year, I know they didn’t so this in 2014 though. I think it was a good way to alleviate the mass of crowds both coming into and trying to leave the park at the same time. I sadly had to say goodbye to my Splash FP and we walked over to SDMT. This was the one ride my mom had said she wanted to ride, so I was going to make sure she got to do that.

DS6 waiting to ride SDMT

:rotfl2:He makes the best faces on this ride

They both loved it, this is also where I got my TR title. While riding my mom said that DS6 told her the ride was making his butt feel weird:rotfl:. And just a few weeks ago we were discussing going on our next trip and going on ToT, and he said he didn’t want to do on the ride because it made his butt feel weird. Apparently this is a sentiment my child has about multiple rides:confused3.

While they rode SDMT, I took the other two boys on the carousel.

While riding the carousel, I noticed the Rapunzel had a short wait, and I knew my princess obsessed DS4 would love it. We saw Rapunzel first and DS4 was so excited. I was a little annoyed because she was the first of many comments about three princes, no princesses:headache:. I get that it might seem strange, but it’s just one of the things that I get annoyed about, like there is no reason to make a comment about it. I even had one old lady get mad because DS4 had pink writing on his Captain America cake (which he insisted on), his favorite colors are pink, purple (notice the magicband), and green. Let the little boy live his life, he’ll get enough crap from peers when he’s older. Sorry for the rant, but it did annoy me that the comment was made so many times. Anyway, they did have fun meeting her, the comments for the time being went unnoticed to everyone but me.

Next up we had Tiana, which I was excited about because I haven’t met her yet. DS4 was again ecstatic and told her that she was his second favorite princess:lmao:.

Waiting for Tiana

DS2 was very enamored with the princesses

Not sure what's happening here

Hi five from Tiana

She was so funny and commented about them being superheroes, but then confused by DS2. His costume was made up of a cape and mask, that he refused to wear (he was Thor) so I have almost no pictures with him in it. After a really fun meet with Tiana, we had two more FPs to use. We walked over to Storybrook Circus for my mom and DS4 FP for Barnstormer. Of course by the time we walked all the way there, he informs us that he won’t being going on it. He had kind of told me a week or so before that trip that he didn’t want to do any fast rides, and while I had hoped he had changed his mind, he in fact did not. Slightly annoyed, we then made our way over to Space Mountain for mine and DS6’s FP. Now when we get there DS6 tells me he won’t ride that:mad:. I mean this is the kid that rode ToT at 3 years old. He had been talking about Space for weeks leading up to the trip. I would never force my child to do something that they are truly scared of, but I really thought he was building up to be worse than it was. Now matter how hard I tried, he refused to go and even started crying when I got frustrated. Not my proudest mom moment, but now I really was annoyed. There’s one thing that is sure to calm the tension though, and that’s Peoplemover.

Yeah the happy faces didn’t last long because James got so freaked out when we went through Space Mountain that he scared DS2. I could slowly see my perfect trip slipping from my grasp. No fast rides, no dark rides leaves very little else to do. Looking back I was too focused on doing rides and them being scared of everything was disappointing and frustrating, so it clouded how I viewed the trip as a whole. There were however things that they did love, like character meets and I forget that they enjoyment is just as important as the rides.

There was one ride that everyone wanted to do and thankfully no one chickened out at the last second.

After Buzz, my mom had to use the bathroom, but I headed toward Main Street to try and get at least one picture of us.

It was also around this time when the party officially started and the boys loved hearing the announcement. I wasn’t really sure what to do next since dark rides and fast rides were out and it was starting to rain again. I asked if DS4 wanted to try Pirates, conveniently leaving out that it was in the dark:idea:, and he said yes so went that way.

Last edited:
I was a little annoyed because she was the first of many comments about three princes, no princesses:headache:. I get that it might seem strange, but it’s just one of the things that I get annoyed about, like there is no reason to make a comment about it. I even had one old lady get mad because DS4 had pink writing on his Captain America cake (which he insisted on), his favorite colors are pink, purple (notice the magicband), and green. Let the little boy live his life

I can't believe people would comment on that. Like you had any control over gender selection when you got pregnant...and even if you did, so what? How rude. And I am right there with you on getting frustrated over boys liking what society deems "girl" stuff. My son is 3 and is OBSESSED with the princesses, too. His sister got a baby doll for her birthday, and he plays with it more than she does. He changes its diaper when I change his sister, cooks it food in his toy kitchen, and puts its "dirty" diapers in the washing machine, etc. When I had someone give me grief about it, I simply told them, "He's learning how to be a good dad and/or husband one day."

That's so strange that they gave you the candy right at the beginning of the party. Isn't one of the perks of attending getting to walk through the trick or treat trails?
Such s bummer that both dark rides AND fast rides were out. I never thought about it much, but yeah, if you can't do thrill rides, then the next major option are the dark ones. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Pirates went smoothly and nobody freaked out!

I love the photopass shot of you with all 3 boys on Main Street!

Love the picture of you and your boys on Main St. I had 2 boys and now have our first grandchild who happens to be a boy :love: Maybe the line about no princesses is a standard line for the meet and greets. I hope with the passing of time you can remember the good moments and not feel like the whole trip was a bust. It is frustrating when you spend so much money on a Disney vacation and the kids aren't feeling the Magic.......Enjoying your TR!

Mmm Ohana! I'm sorry it wasn't as good as previous times, but there's always next time!

Cute pictures with Rapunzel and Tiana :) The "princes and no princesses" comment is pretty annoying!

I'm sure it was frustrating not being able to get on some of the rides. I hope Pirates goes well!

Hugs! It's so frustrating when they won't even try something. My DS at 4 freaked out in the line for Under the sea! And don't even get me started on the no princess comment. Talk about rude! It's not like you had any control of the gender of your children, and it's not something anyone should be commenting about! (My other favorite is- are you going to try for a girl/boy. No I love my children, and if I choose to have another, I will love them no matter what!)

I can't believe people would comment on that. Like you had any control over gender selection when you got pregnant...and even if you did, so what? How rude. And I am right there with you on getting frustrated over boys liking what society deems "girl" stuff. My son is 3 and is OBSESSED with the princesses, too. His sister got a baby doll for her birthday, and he plays with it more than she does. He changes its diaper when I change his sister, cooks it food in his toy kitchen, and puts its "dirty" diapers in the washing machine, etc. When I had someone give me grief about it, I simply told them, "He's learning how to be a good dad and/or husband one day."
That's so cute, and a great response to people's judgements.

That's so strange that they gave you the candy right at the beginning of the party. Isn't one of the perks of attending getting to walk through the trick or treat trails?
Treat trails are still there, this was like a bonus trail with a bag of candy instead, weird but we liked it.

Such s bummer that both dark rides AND fast rides were out. I never thought about it much, but yeah, if you can't do thrill rides, then the next major option are the dark ones. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Pirates went smoothly and nobody freaked out!
Yeah, definitely a bummer to go to a theme park were many of the rides are not an option. We adjusted best we could though.

I love the photopass shot of you with all 3 boys on Main Street!
Thanks, it's the only one we got all trip, oops.

Love the picture of you and your boys on Main St. I had 2 boys and now have our first grandchild who happens to be a boy :love: Maybe the line about no princesses is a standard line for the meet and greets. I hope with the passing of time you can remember the good moments and not feel like the whole trip was a bust. It is frustrating when you spend so much money on a Disney vacation and the kids aren't feeling the Magic.......Enjoying your TR!
Thanks, I definitely came out feeling like the trip was bad, but now I can focus on the more positive aspects and the boys look back and think it was an awesome trip so there's that.

Mmm Ohana! I'm sorry it wasn't as good as previous times, but there's always next time!
Exactly, still it was bad just not as amazingly spectacular as it's usually is.

Cute pictures with Rapunzel and Tiana :) The "princes and no princesses" comment is pretty annoying!
Yeah, they didn't notice it really, well the two younger ones didn't and DS6 is such a good brother he would meet a million princesses despite being a boy just because his brothers wanted to.

I'm sure it was frustrating not being able to get on some of the rides. I hope Pirates goes well!
We learned to just take him on the ride without telling him what it was, it worked out okay.

Hugs! It's so frustrating when they won't even try something. My DS at 4 freaked out in the line for Under the sea! And don't even get me started on the no princess comment. Talk about rude! It's not like you had any control of the gender of your children, and it's not something anyone should be commenting about! (My other favorite is- are you going to try for a girl/boy. No I love my children, and if I choose to have another, I will love them no matter what!)
:rotfl2:Literally get that all the time, my response is always if we have another it's going to be a boy and I am happy with the children I have. I'm lucky to have boys that can enjoy many things regardless of what gender that things is "meant" for.

Day 2: Part 5

I’m pretty sure we did the candy line by Jungle Cruise first, but no pictures because of the rain.

Then we rode PotC.

DS4 HATED it, it was a miracle we even got him on it because he was scared just in the queue. The drop at the beginning freaked him out and he spent the rest of the ride with his head buried in my mom. We then cheered everyone up with the candy line near PotC.

I was finally able to get DS2 to don with accessories

This is when I really started to get down about the trip. DS4 wanted to leave and had no interest in rides, trick or treating, or any of the party stuff. As I said in my intro, he is a very sensitive child. On an average day it’s something that we have learned to handle, but he really shuts down anytime we’re not at home and at a place with a lot of stimulation. It something that we noticed a lot of the summer while we were traveling, but it was the worst during this trip. If he is miserable than he will make sure you know it and he’ll make sure you’re miserable. In his defense, it was like 90 degrees, 100% humidity, very crowded, and he was scared of everything, so I do get where he was coming from. That didn’t make it any less frustrating or disappointing.

It was about 7:30 and even though I had no desire to sit around for an hour for the parade, I felt like our options were limited with DS4. We got a good spot in front of one of the shop in Frontierland where we could feel some AC, and staked out our spot for the parade.

Trying to get him in a better mood, it didn't work :confused3

I thought some rest and candy would put DS4 in a better mood, it didn’t. He complained the entire hour, unwrapped all his candy and then put it back in his bag without eating, and just in general was a pain in the butt. The other two were happy as could be playing with their light up toys and snacking on candy.

The parade started without the headless horseman, which was a big bummer, but for safety reasons with the rain they couldn’t.

Winnie is my favorite pooh:

DS2 started waving frantically when he saw this float

Haunted Mansion section is the best

Everybody but DS4 loved the parade. I had discussed with my mom and she thought it would be better to take the two little ones back to the hotel for the night. DS4 had had enough and there was no way DS2 was going to last all night anyway, so I said goodbye to them with a heavy heart, unsure of how the rest of the trip was going to go. DS6 and I headed over to the Haunted Mansion, because you can’t go to MNSSHP without hitting the Haunted Mansion.

The lady who sits out fronts during the parties wasn’t there tonight, presumably because of the rain, which was a bummer. DS6 said he loved the ride and it was his new favorite, remember this it will be important later.

Continued Below

My mom texted me that both boys had fallen asleep by the time she had gotten to the monorail.

Meanwhile DS6 and I stopped at a few more candy spots, on the way to Fantasyland. We also must have stopped to use the restroom here.

DS6 had been wanting a BB8 hat, so we stopped at one of the stores around the castle to get one for him.

I’m not sure really what our game plan was other then to collect lots of candy.

At some point we decided to go on the Little Mermaid ride so we went in that direction.

On the way there, my mom texted me to let me know her birthday present to DS4 had been delivered to the room.

Clearly DS4 had woken up
clip_image001.gif

With just ten minutes until Celebrate the Magic (RIP) we made our way towards the hub. It was very crowded, but we didn’t feel like we needed the best spot, just one where we could see most of the show.

The projections had just been upgraded and you could definitely tell, it looked so much clearer, can't tell by my pictures though.

N more floating lanterns on the castle
clip_image002.gif

I am glad I got to see CtM one more time like that, because I am not really a fan of the new show and probably won’t make a effort to see it in Jan. After CtM, DS6 had fun amusing me with his air organ skills, as he pretended to play the eerie HM music. He was getting bored and he says, I though the Ghost Host said the fireworks would be starting
clip_image003.gif
. He loves that the ghost host narrates the activities during the party.

Soon enough it was time for some of the best fireworks ever.

After Hallowishes, I was really starting to get tired and hungry. It had been about six hours since we’d eaten and I had left me mom with all the drinks and snacks, because I didn’t want to carry around more than my crossbody. I asked Connor if he wanted anything and he said a water and cotton candy (he never touched either one), and I got a water and popcorn (I finished it all). Then we went to look for a spot for the Hocus Pocus show. Connor was so excited for this show as was I, but he loves Hocus Pocus and wanted a chance to see some villains.

Last edited:
Bummer that the DS4 wasn't having much fun. Glad you and your oldest could spend some time together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter