My Butt Feels Weird-September 2016 TR *Completed 1/19*

Wow... that's a lot of excitement/drama. First of all, I feel your pain with James and the nosebleeds. I used to get them all the time. It sucked. Thankfully I've outgrown them. I might get one every year or 2 it is nowhere near as frequent or as bad as they were when I was probably around his age.

Sorry your mom wasn't feeling great, but glad that helped her get over it. Totally understand the travel stress. I know I can be pretty irritable when dealing with all the logistics of keeping everyone together and getting all our crap together. Especially at an airport.

Hopefully all the excitement of traveling is behind you and the rest of the trip will go smoothly.

Oh my - what a stressful travel day! Hope the rest of your trip was drama-free. Well, as much as it can be with 3 young ones! I'll be following along.

Joining in!
:welcome:

My goodness, it sounds like your travel day was definitely not dull! To say the least! But I am glad you all made it ok and that your mom felt better after being sick. Sometimes getting it out is what it takes, but I know I hate that feeling too :crazy2:
It was definitely a whirlwind, but I'm glad she was feeling better. It would have been so hard if she was sick the whole time.

That seems bizarre that the bell hop had no idea what direction to even point you in...not very helpful! Glad you finally found it though and got all settled in.
I know, he kept telling me about the main building and didn't understand what I meant by outer building. To be fair there was a significant language barrier, but still frustrating.

Looking forward to reading along and hearing more about your trip :)
Thanks, I see your own countdown is short, hope you travel is much less stressful ;)

P.S. Your boys are soooooo cute!!
Thank you :goodvibes

Wow, sounds like quite an eventful arrival day! I'm sorry things were hectic for you :(
That's okay, it a pretty typical day in the life of three boys :rotfl2:

Your room looks really nice!
It was, I really liked the modern decor, although I know it's not for everybody.

That's a great way to start out!! Room already ready, and flight on tim!
Always a good start, especially because of the hurricane that was heading toward Florida :thumbsup2

Wow, I had never considered asking for that! When I have DD3, this will come in handy (although I only just now convinced DH to take us to the airport on my next trip lol, let alone park and help us through!). So nice he was able to help out.
I was gonna suggest that for your trip next month, I just started reading your TR, but haven't had a chance to comment. It would definitely be nice if he could help, I know it made my life 100 times less stressful.

I miss getting to do this, as I always fly SW now and need to be first to board to get a good row of seats together!
I know I fly SW a lot too, but I only find SW rates cheaper if you buy them when they first come out. Since I only booked this 3 months out AA was much cheaper.

How weird! About the A & B discrepancy, but at least you had to be in B anyway for the ME. At this point in anyone's travels, I would be impressed if you were in an amazing mood (although good job for the boys being so good on the plane!!).
:rotfl2:Speaking honestly, I'm never in a good mood when traveling :blush:

Oh my goodness!! How sad for her and worrisome for you and DS4, eek! So sweet he was so upset over it, but still!
Yeah, DS4 is VERY sensitive as you'll see in the coming updates

Ugh! So nice it was close by, but strange no one could help out. :( Did you just bring all your luggage onto ME with you so you'd have it? What a long night! lol. I've never stayed at the Contemporary itself but absolutely LOVE BLT!
Yeah, we got in after 10 so had to get the bags ourselves. I didn't ask for help, I just figured worst case we'd go to hotel and she could meet us on the next ME. I wasn't sure what to do, luckily she came back quickly and it was no issue :worship:

Wow... that's a lot of excitement/drama. First of all, I feel your pain with James and the nosebleeds. I used to get them all the time. It sucked. Thankfully I've outgrown them. I might get one every year or 2 it is nowhere near as frequent or as bad as they were when I was probably around his age.
I used to get them too, it sucks. Although it's been getting better recently.

Sorry your mom wasn't feeling great, but glad that helped her get over it. Totally understand the travel stress. I know I can be pretty irritable when dealing with all the logistics of keeping everyone together and getting all our crap together. Especially at an airport.
Yes, I always on edge, so to be honest I probably would have been that way regardless:blush:, but it's easier to blame in on the bags and getting lost::yes::.

Hopefully all the excitement of traveling is behind you and the rest of the trip will go smoothly.
I wish :rotfl2:More to come, stay tuned.

Oh my - what a stressful travel day! Hope the rest of your trip was drama-free. Well, as much as it can be with 3 young ones! I'll be following along.
:thanks:For following, and you're right with three boys it always gonna be crazy :rotfl:

Day 2: Part 1

I was up at 7 that morning, ready for a day I’d been looking forward to for years, taking the boys to MNSSHP:cheer2:. I got ready quietly, trying to give everyone else the chance to get as much sleep as possible. Not being able to contain my excitement, I sent this picture to DH, knowing he would understand my joy.

At around 8, I started getting everyone else up and ready to go.

DS6's cold from the night before had gotten much worse, as you can see in the picture above :sad2:

We packed up the little we had and started to head out, so we could drop our bags off before our breakfast ADR. DS6was in the bathroom as we were leaving and he starts crying for me. I go to check on him and he is throwing up. Obviously, I am very conflicted, because regardless of the ADR, we still need to be out of the room in two hours anyway and then there would be no where to go. DS6 didn’t want to go to breakfast, but I could tell the throw up was more to do with the combination of rough coughing and an empty stomach then a stomach bug. What can I say, I had a lot of similar mornings when I was pregnant with him:crazy2:. So I made the decision to head to breakfast anyway, get DS6 some cold medicine and just have him relax at breakfast.

We dropped our bags at bell services to have them brought to the Poly and then we made our way to Chef Mickey’s for breakfast. On the elevator ride up, a bellhop gave the boys a ton of Mickey stickers, which thrilled them. Now DS2 is OBSESSED with Mickey. Every time he sees any form of Mickey, he gets so excited and starts screeching Mickey Mouse!!! Literally every time, so when we went to get our CM picture, he lost it and went up to the Mickey statue and was hugging and kissing it. And then he had to tell the CMs, about how Mickey was there, so our pictures weren’t great, but I’ll never forget his excitement and that is so much better than a good picture.

After we got our pictures, I left my mom with the two little one, and DS6 and I went to the gift shop to try and find some medicine.

They didn’t have pain relief, but I was able to get him some children’s cold medicine. His stomach didn’t hurt, but I could just tell his cold and headache were making him miserable. By the time we got back, the others had just been sat, so we made our way over to our table.

I went up to get food for me and the boys.

Meanwhile, my mom was trying to occupy DS2, which he ended up watching Lilo and Stich on her iPad, and DS6 was having a great time reading his books that my mom and gotten him.

DS2 started to see characters and he lost his ever-loving mind:rotfl2:. He didn’t care about the movie or eating, all he cared about was waving to the characters as they made their way around the restaurant. I was worried about DS4 because he has a sketchy past with characters. In 2015, for the first 6 days of our trip he would scream if a character even came near our table, by the end though when we got to our last day he did give the CM characters a hug. It was going to be interesting to see how he reacted this time. Finally, Goofy made his way over to our table and he got love and hugs from everyone:lovestruc.

I literally had tears in my eyes, because it was so awesome to see all of my boys enjoying this. The love didn’t stop, because we very quickly saw Mickey and Minnie as well.

After some hugs from Mickey and Minnie it was time for the napkin dance. I’m sure this is not what it’s called, but it’s what they boys call it, and one of their favorite parts of eating at Chef Mickey’s.

Finally we got visits from Donald and Pluto.

The food was nice as usual, but we definitely didn’t get our monies worth this time. I had just the one plate and the boys barely ate anything from all the excitement of meeting the characters, so it was probably a spectacular waste of money, but their excitement made it worth it. It was probably the one aspect of the trip that was so much better than I could have ever imagined, and falsely made me believe the whole trip would be that way :rolleyes:.

After Chef Mickey’s we made our way over to the monorail so we could head to our next destination.

Last edited:
We packed up the little we had and started to head out, so we could drop our bags off before our breakfast ADR. DS6was in the bathroom as we were leaving and he starts crying for me. I go to check on him and he is throwing up. Obviously, I am very conflicted, because regardless of the ADR, we still need to be out of the room in two hours anyway and then there would be no where to go. DS6 didn’t want to go to breakfast, but I could tell the throw up was more to do with the combination of rough coughing and an empty stomach then a stomach bug. What can I say, I had a lot of similar mornings when I was pregnant with him:crazy2:. So I made the decision to head to breakfast anyway, get DS6 some cold medicine and just have him relax at breakfast.

I would have made the same decision, esp with other kids along!

but I’ll never forget his excitement and that is so much better than a good picture.

so awesome!!! love the excitement!

oh I love this! so nice to see ds4 hugging and ds6 feeling well enough!

did ds6 eat anything? the plateful you got looked pretty good - its been ages since we did bf here!

Your welcome picture at Chef Mickey's is so cute because it shows how excited everyone was! I'm glad this meal was a hit and the boys all loved the characters! I feel like you are definitely paying more for the experience than the food, so I'm glad it was worth it in that aspect!

Those boys are adorable! I cannot wait until my LO is a better traveler so she can visit Mickey as well.

I'm so sorry your son isn't feeling well. I hope he feels better soon and it doesn't take away from him enjoying the park time.

Following along :) I just got back from my Disney trip with my 2 and 4y.o. boys. Should be interesting to see how our trips compare :) (there was puking on my trip too!)

I'm joining in! Your boys are adorable. Your oldest sounds a lot like mine when he gets sick. Miserable and throwing up due to congestion. Isn't it times like those where you look forward to the teenage years. Hopefully by then the germs will be kept to a minimum!

Kudos to you for flying solo with 3 littles. I barely survived flying two two, and my husband was with me. I can't believe that ticket agent almost didn't give a gate pass, though. That's ridiculous.

I would have made the same decision, esp with other kids along!
It was hard, really wasn't sure what would be best, but now I think it was a good decision.

so awesome!!! love the excitement!
I know, his enthusiasm was so cute.

oh I love this! so nice to see ds4 hugging and ds6 feeling well enough!
I was so surprised by it, but glad that they all enjoyed it.

did ds6 eat anything? the plateful you got looked pretty good - its been ages since we did bf here!
He did end up eating 2 croissants, I think it helped settle his stomach. I really enjoy this breakfast, it's become a staple for us.

Your welcome picture at Chef Mickey's is so cute because it shows how excited everyone was! I'm glad this meal was a hit and the boys all loved the characters! I feel like you are definitely paying more for the experience than the food, so I'm glad it was worth it in that aspect!
I agree, and normally wouldn't care so much about the money, but they ate so little this time it was frustrating. I'm glad they at least had a good time with the characters though.

Those boys are adorable! I cannot wait until my LO is a better traveler so she can visit Mickey as well.
Eh, my kids, at least the young two, aren't great travelers, but they did have so much fun with the characters and the things they could do, it made it worth it :lovestruc

I'm so sorry your son isn't feeling well. I hope he feels better soon and it doesn't take away from him enjoying the park time.
He actually did a great job all weekend, wish he hadn't been sick, but he didn't really let it slow him down.

Following along :) I just got back from my Disney trip with my 2 and 4y.o. boys. Should be interesting to see how our trips compare :) (there was puking on my trip too!)
Oh no, I'm sorry. The joys of traveling with little ones. I hope you had a good trip, thanks for following along.

I'm joining in! Your boys are adorable. Your oldest sounds a lot like mine when he gets sick. Miserable and throwing up due to congestion. Isn't it times like those where you look forward to the teenage years. Hopefully by then the germs will be kept to a minimum!
:welcome:Thanks. He is usually not like that which was the most worrisome for me. He usually doens't let anything keep him down, luckily he got back to his usual self after some medicine and food in his belly.

Kudos to you for flying solo with 3 littles. I barely survived flying two two, and my husband was with me. I can't believe that ticket agent almost didn't give a gate pass, though. That's ridiculous.
Thanks, I was quite proud of myself, but not something I would recommend :rotfl2:

Following. I'm glad that DS6 ended up going to breakfast, everyone seems so excited!
:welcome: They were, they loved it.

Day 2: Part 2

My mom and the two older boys got off the monorail at the Poly to get checked in and explore the hotel. We said goodbye to them and them DS2 and I sat on the monorail for another ten minutes.

It was raining very badly, and I thought that was the holdup, but apparently a monorail was down at the Grand Floridian. We finally made it to MK about 20 minutes before our appointment, which didn’t give us much time. Of course it was still rainy heavily and my poncho was somewhere en route from the Contemporary to the Polynesian, because I stupidly forgot to put it in my park bag. DS2 was okay in the stroller, but I got thoroughly soaked on the walk from the monorail station to bag check. I ended up buying a poncho from a CM that was selling them under the train station on the way in, in enough time for the rain to slow down to a drizzle:sad2:. I had really wanted to get a before picture of DS2 on Main Street before his haircut, but all the PP guys were gone because of the rain. Luckily I found a nice guy who needed his picture taken and then he took ours.

We quickly found the barber shop and checked in for DS2’s first haircut.

Yes he’s two and never had a haircut:p. Since he’s my last (knock on wood) I have been much slower to do anything that takes away his babyness. We got checked in, but all the chairs had someone in them so we took a spot to wait.

There was a mom in there with her five kids the oldest was probably only 8. I was so impressed, I’m happy with myself if I can take my three to the store by myself. She was a local, so I think she was just there for their haircuts. But I had to take a stealth picture of her awesome stroller.

I have never seen such a thing. It was a double stroller with a little seat on the back and another seat out front. While we were waiting DS2 saw a sticker stuck to the wall and wanted to get it. I was telling him no, when the CM gave him a whole strip of stickers to play with.

Right at 11, we heard music and saw the main street vehicles come out for the rainy day cavalcade. I had no idea they did this to replace the Move it Shake it parade, I thought it was only for FoF. We didn’t get good pictures, but DS2 had so much fun waving to everyone.

While we were waiting, my mom and the boys were getting checked in at the Poly. They got their leis and a birthday button for DS4 and celebrating button for DS6. DS4 later ripped his button off, ripping his shirt in the process and I never got to see him in it:mad:.

Our room wasn’t ready, but she was told it was a third floor room, this was important for us so that’s awesome. I think they had walked around and checked everything out. I know they went shopping for some toys and then spent some time relaxing in the lobby.

Back at the barber shop, is was time for DS2’s haircut.

He did such a good job, I was so proud. He didn’t cry at all and squirmed only a little when she pulled out the clippers. Honestly, the worst part was leaving the toys after it was over and he was on the verge of a tantrum because of that.

We paid up, I think it was around 25 not including tip and we got the ears to keep, a certificate, and a lock of his hair. Afterward, the rain had pretty much stopped, and I wanted to spend a little bit of time in the park just the two of us.

Last edited:
30649250666_9593603937_o.jpg
How cute! Also glad you two get to spend some time together, especially without rain.

What a way to wake up... DS does the same thing when he gets a cold. He'll end up throwing up in the morning, but then he's fine after that. Never fun though, and especially not on vacation. I'm glad he recovered and you all got to enjoy your breakfast at Chef Mickey!

Congrats on the first haircut experience! Can't think of a better place to get it!

First haircut at Disney is such a great memory. I don't think that's a bad price at all. Especially getting the mickey ears as a souvenir.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter