My Butt Feels Weird-September 2016 TR *Completed 1/19*

Cute pictures at CP! I'm glad this was a successful meal.

It's really cute that the younger boys were enjoying the dance party and characters.

I'm sorry the rest of the day ended up being pretty tough :( Curious to hear how your solo night went.

Following
:welcome:

Hugs! I'm sorry it was another tough evening. I'm glad no one was sick, just a long day. I'm really glad you decided to stay! As a fellow mom of 3, sometimes that quiet time is so necessary!
lol, what's quiet :rotfl2:

Just read the whole thing in one shot - sorry I've been so far behind!
No problem I understand

Wow, I guess I'm glad she finally gave you the pass, but wow! :sad2:
I know, why did she have to make it so difficult

:scared: Glad she made it back okay.
me too, I can't imagine that ride over

Aw, really sweet character meets! :lovestruc
I couldn't believe how good they all were

Wow, impressive stroller! And impressive wrangling of 5 kids...and 3 for you...1 is usually plenty for me! :rotfl: I don't know how you moms of 3 do it! :worship:
I know I was very impressed, I guess all mom's just deal with what they have

That's an amazing view! :love:
I know I miss it:sad:

I was going to say I could see that on the Mine Train with the molded seats, but not sure about ToT - maybe that you're floating off the seat at points? :confused3
I think that's it, he doesn't like his butt leaving the seat.

:headache: And the planner inside all of us just died a little...:sad1:
:rotfl2:

Yeah, that's rough.
Let's hope their over that by now

That's some serious mom devotion there! :thumbsup2
I just wish my arms would show it :rotfl:

I did okay on this last trip, but I've always had trouble with them, so you're not alone!
Glad to know I'm not the only one

:crazy2: What are people thinking? :confused3

Geez, what is up with people? :sad2:
I don't know guess I'm just lucky to be able to witness it :lmao:

Cute pictures at CP! I'm glad this was a successful meal.

It's really cute that the younger boys were enjoying the dance party and characters.

I'm sorry the rest of the day ended up being pretty tough :( Curious to hear how your solo night went.

One things my kids always enjoy, dancing. I have made sure they will have plenty opportunities on our trip. My night was very good.

Day 3: Part 3

After they left I tried to figure out what I wanted to do with my free night. The Electrical Parade was due to start any minute, and right before I made my way back up Main Street, the family comes back. Apparently, DS6 had a change of heart and wanted to stay with me. :cheer2: After saying another goodbye, we discussed what to do. With MSEP about to start, I suggest trying to get some cards for SotMK.

The line was pretty long, but we enjoyed listening to the parade going by. After we got our cards, we were going to attempt to get up Main Street when there was a break in the parade. Unfortunately, when they let people cross, we were going up stream and unable to make it. Instead we found a bench right outside City Hall and enjoyed what we could see of the parade and talking. I told him about how I got to see MSEP on it’s “final” run in Disneyland and how it was pretty cool that I was doing it again 20 years later. I have such fond memories of MSEP, because it was something we always did when we went to DL. My dad never let us stay for the fireworks, because he wanted to beat the crowds out of the park, but MSEP we always got to see. Even though I will very much miss this parade, I am hopeful that they will bring something even better in its place.

While DS6 and I were talking, he started crying. I asked him what’s wrong, and he said he was just so sad about the parade leaving. Poor thing. After the parade was over, we for a reason I can’t explain went to the Tiki Room next.

I knew this was something he wanted to do, but I’m just not sure why went there since we had the SotMK to play and Wishes soon:confused3. Anyway, we had a good time.

After the Tiki Room, we headed to FL so we could start SotMK, but because it was so close to Wishes, they had closed off the area surrounding the castle, so instead we found a place by the carousel to watch Wishes. My mom and I took these pictures at the same time, just seconds apart.

Once Wishes started, DS6 was having so much fun watching the fireworks go off around him.

This is definitely my favorite spot to watch the show and would highly recommend it.

After Wishes, it was finally time to play SotMK.

I found this game very frustrating because one I had no idea what was going on and two he would follow the directions perfectly and the spell card wouldn’t work. We had a nice younger couple following right behind us and they helped a little, but they were confused as well. While DS4 was playing I heard CtM going on and took a side view picture.

We gave up after a few of the portals, because it was getting late, but hopefully when we come back the game will be easier for us. I had a riderswap pass burning a whole in my pocket, so we made our way over to the ride that makes his butt feel weird:rotfl2:, SDMT.

Sadly, I didn’t get his famous line, but we had fun all the same. The second parade was due to start, so we walked over to Frontierland to watch. While we waited we made our plan for the rest of the night. I was getting very tired, and for the first time probably ever, I actually wanted to leave the park before it closed. We decided on four final attractions to close out the night. When MSEP started we only stayed for the first section of floats, which are my favorite.

We quickly made a bee line for our next attraction of the night. We got in line a got a red card, but I quickly noticed that DS6 was crying again. He said he was sad about the parade leaving. At this point I think maybe he really was just tired and sick and it was coming out now. I asked him if he wanted to stay, had tried to convince him to leave after the parade earlier. He didn’t want to leave, so I didn’t push it.

When we got to the portrait room he started to freak out. I was so confused by this. He claimed just the night before that this was his favorite ride. Before I could even think of the chicken exit, we were ushered into the stretching room where he proceeded to completely loose his mind. He was crying hysterically and begging me not to take him on the ride. I was so shocked, it was completely out of left field and of course there is no where to go. It was the first time I’ve seen a HM CM break character as she tried to help me comfort and assure him. As soon as we were let out of the stretching room, I was told there is another chicken exit and he ran out of there as fast as possible.

I quickly got him calmed down, and tried to figure out what the problem was. He said he was actually scared of the ride and it was not his favorite:confused:. Not wanting to scar any more of my children, I explained to him that just like the night before with Space I would never make him ride anything he was genuinely scared of. Our next ride was supposed to be Splash, but I double checked that he was going to be okay. He had fully recovered and he set off for Splash. The wait was only 10 or 15 minutes, and no freak outs:thumbsup2.

As exhausted as I was and I could tell DS6 was, even though he wouldn’t admit it, the park only had an hour left, so figured we might as finish up the rides we had listed. On the way out of Liberty Square we saw a CM created water art on the ground, DS2 was fascinated.

He quietly whispered to me that he thought he was doing a good job, I told him he should tell the CM but he was being shy. I told the CM for him and we thanked him for his art, and then made our way to the other side of the park to ride a family favorite.

Our final ride of the night was to be Peoplemover, big surprise.

We quickly made our way out of the park for the final time this trip.

DS6’s medicine was starting to wear off and he was coughing a lot, so I was eager to get him home. Not before one final picture though.

We took the monorail back and collapsed into bed immediately. We were in the park for 11 straight hours and I was beat:faint:.

Last edited:
Glad you had some quality time with DS that night, but sounds rough with the crying and freaking out. I wonder what they're going to do for a nighttime parade in the MK.

Aw I'm glad DS decided to join you! I'm sure you both were beat but it's good that you pushed through. And despite the HM freakout, it sounds like you had a nice time on the other rides and watching the parade and Wishes!

Hi just binge-read the whole report so far (is that a thing?)!

I was laughing at your opener about how you secretly like the travel day in trip reports. I am totally with you and I love them. Particularly if there are small children like I have. I like to see how everyone does, packs, how long their drive might be, what the airports are like, etc.

We flew out of Grand Rapids in May for our Disney trip and liked it. I love a small airport. It was oddly the only way I could get a direct flight to Orlando out of Michigan on southwest. We did flint before and it was awesome but no luck every time I search. I wonder if we should try Chicago. I hate driving that from Detroit though but for awesome prices I am willing to do a lot!

I'm glad you were able to take the trip and remember to enjoy the things that your kids enjoyed. It's totally tough, I know. You did better than I would have, I'm sure!

The boys are adorable, even though I know they're a pain sometimes as all children are.

Oh and can we just say EEEEEWWWWW about the potty in the park parents!!!!!????? I mean, just, ......what???

Hope everyone was feeling better shortly after the trip! And hope all's well!

Your mom is a trooper, that's for sure. So sweet of her to offer to take the kids back to give you a free night in the park. Poor DS6 and the HM freakout. He seems like such a sweet boy.

I can't blame you for a lack of pictures of the villains show. Heck, I'm impressed you took as many as you did while packing a kid on your hip. Nice skills, mom!

I'm sorry that the 2 younger boys in particular put a little bit of a strain on the fun. But I like the attitude change you had after your CP breakfast. I think that's kind of what you have to do. No trip will ever be perfect or go exactly the way you planned it, but you just have to find the little things that are fun and enjoyable. That's what it's all about.

I'm glad that you got to spend so much 1 on 1 time with DS6. It looks like you had some fun together, but I'm sure that 2 late nights back to back are probably what led to the meltdown in HM.

Glad you had some quality time with DS that night, but sounds rough with the crying and freaking out. I wonder what they're going to do for a nighttime parade in the MK.
Sounds like a whole lot of nothing for the nighttime parade :sad:

Aw I'm glad DS decided to join you! I'm sure you both were beat but it's good that you pushed through. And despite the HM freakout, it sounds like you had a nice time on the other rides and watching the parade and Wishes!
Yeah, it was a pretty good night. DS6, say it was his favorite, so I guess he was too traumatized.

Hi just binge-read the whole report so far (is that a thing?)!
I do it all the time so I say it's a thing

I was laughing at your opener about how you secretly like the travel day in trip reports. I am totally with you and I love them. Particularly if there are small children like I have. I like to see how everyone does, packs, how long their drive might be, what the airports are like, etc.
:rotfl2:Glad I'm not the only weirdo

We flew out of Grand Rapids in May for our Disney trip and liked it. I love a small airport. It was oddly the only way I could get a direct flight to Orlando out of Michigan on southwest. We did flint before and it was awesome but no luck every time I search. I wonder if we should try Chicago. I hate driving that from Detroit though but for awesome prices I am willing to do a lot!
They don't usually have great prices, but certainly better than most flights out of GRR. I try to book flight on Southwest the morning they are released and have had good luck. Typically pay 100 each way from GRR to MCO. We love GRR because it is so small and making flying much less hectic, we'll be leaving from there in just 11 days in fact.

I'm glad you were able to take the trip and remember to enjoy the things that your kids enjoyed. It's totally tough, I know. You did better than I would have, I'm sure!
thanks

The boys are adorable, even though I know they're a pain sometimes as all children are.
:thanks: They're lucky they're cute otherwise their antics wouldn't be as tolerable :rotfl2:

Oh and can we just say EEEEEWWWWW about the potty in the park parents!!!!!????? I mean, just, ......what???
Yeah I mean we were right across from a bathroom

Hope everyone was feeling better shortly after the trip! And hope all's well!
Yes everyone was good when we got home.

Your mom is a trooper, that's for sure. So sweet of her to offer to take the kids back to give you a free night in the park. Poor DS6 and the HM freakout. He seems like such a sweet boy.
He is the sweetest, I loved being able to give him all my attention

I can't blame you for a lack of pictures of the villains show. Heck, I'm impressed you took as many as you did while packing a kid on your hip. Nice skills, mom!
:thanks:

I'm sorry that the 2 younger boys in particular put a little bit of a strain on the fun. But I like the attitude change you had after your CP breakfast. I think that's kind of what you have to do. No trip will ever be perfect or go exactly the way you planned it, but you just have to find the little things that are fun and enjoyable. That's what it's all about.
Yes definitely it's so hard to remember that when your there, thankfully we were able to enjoy what we could.

I'm glad that you got to spend so much 1 on 1 time with DS6. It looks like you had some fun together, but I'm sure that 2 late nights back to back are probably what led to the meltdown in HM.
Yeah, it was a lot from him but he's a trooper.

Day 4: Part 1

After another late night, I was not happy to be getting up early, but the kids were raring to go. We got ready for the day and headed out the door pop tarts and drinks in hand, ready to make rope drop. I had planned to walk over to the TTC, figuring this would save time. I asked a CM about getting there and he told me to just take the monorail. So we got on the monorail and then transferred at the TTC for the Epcot monorail. I have never taken the monorail to Epcot, so I was pretty excited.

We ended up not making it for RD, but we were still going to try and get on Soarin. My mom really had no desire and I wasn’t even going to attempt it with DS4, so she took the stroller and bags with the little ones through bag check, while DS6 and I breezed through and went straight to Soarin.

We got there at 9:25 and the wait was at 20 minutes.

I texted my mom to go straight to the Character Spot instead of just sitting around waiting for us to get off the ride.

They don't look very happy

Meanwhile we were enjoying a trip around the world. DS6 and I both loved it, I was very happy for the refurb:thumbsup2.

After our ride, I texted my mom to see where they were. Even through text I could tell she was not happy. The had been waiting the whole time and still hadn’t met any characters, apparently the line was much longer than the 20 minutes posted. Knowing my mom was going to need it, I went to Starbucks to get us both some coffee. This also provided me an opportunity to get her the second gift I wanted, which was the Starbucks/Disney cold cup tumbler. Coffees in hand, we waited by what I thought was the exit to Character Spot.

About the time I was sitting down with my coffee, they were finally meeting some characters.

I know they had so much fun, and I’m a little sad I missed it, but no time to dawdle we had things to do and more than an hour had passed since the park opened. We went on Nemo first, which we had a FP for.

I had assumed this would be a useless FP with the crowds supposed to be so low, but we ended up saving 15 minutes. This was just another example of many of attractions I have never seen a wait for or seen a very small wait, being busy. For reference, this day was supposed to be a five according to Touring Plans, but ended up being an 8>:(.

Next we went over to Turtle Talk. My mom had to go to the bathroom and I said it was fine since the show hadn’t started. Not even one minute later they were calling us into the room. I was epically failing with my timing this trip. I went in without her, hoping that she would be done quickly and be able to meet us, never happened, oops. Both DS4 & 2 sat with me, while DS6 sat up front. DS4 had so much fun laughing at everything even if he didn’t want to go up to the front. DS6 once again got called on to ask a question to Crush. I told him not to expect this, because he had talked to Crush last time, I didn’t want to get his hopes up. We had discussed while in line for Soarin what he might ask just in case, and lo and behold, he got a chance. He asked Crush if he knew how to speak whale, which provided the perfect Segway into the section with Dory.

Once again Turtle Talk was great, and will be a must do for our family for the foreseeable future. We met back up with my mom and I apologized endlessly for my bad advice, and we made our way through the dump shop. Of course, the boys were stopped cold in the tracks with a shop full of Finding Nemo/Dory merchandise. My mom being the spoiling grandma she is, bought them each a stuffed animal; Dory, Nemo, and Hank. Then DS6 had to use the restroom, so I went outside to wait.

Next we had a FP for Figment, which I though surely wouldn’t be needed, and once again I was wrong. I think the wait might have been around 20 minutes.

After Figment, I knew the wait times were going to be crazy and we only had one FP left, so I let the kids play in the after ride area. After we played for a little bit, and I spent the whole time chasing after DS2. DS4 said he wanted to leave, so we left, and he had a full-on meltdown. Apparently, he didn’t want to leave the area, just the section he was in, because obviously I should have known that:rolleyes2. My mom took DS4 to calm down and I took the two other boys over to the jumping fountain area to play. I am not sure what he was mad about, but DS2 will throw whatever is in his hand if he is mad. Well of course, he had Dory in his hand and he chucked in right in the middle of the rock/fountain area. Having just spent money on that darn toy, I wasn’t about to just let it go, so I climbed over the rocks to get it. I was scared to get in trouble for climbing on the structure but I was quick and no one saw me:faint:.

With now both DS4 & 2 having epic meltdowns, we stuffed them back into the stroller and discussed what to do. We had a very important FP to get to. DS4’s tantrums and sensitivities get in the way so much of his ability to have fun and enjoy himself. I really didn’t want him to miss out on something I knew he would want to do, plus we had only been in the park two hours. So we made our way over to the world showcase, hoping they would calm down.

Last edited:
Rough morning timing wise. I hope your luck improves but the lines definitely don't seem too favorable. FP+ has definitely impacted a lot of the typical walk on rides.

Don't worry too much about going out of bounds to retrieve Nemo. I'd have definitely done the same and I'm sure many others have and will.

Sorry for the rough morning. I'm glad you got to get on the new Soarin though! And it sounds like you made some good, time-saving FPs!

Kind of a rough morning! I hope it turns around. Cute pictures with Minnie! We didn't manage to meet her on our trip and I'm still a bit sad about it.

Rough morning timing wise. I hope your luck improves but the lines definitely don't seem too favorable. FP+ has definitely impacted a lot of the typical walk on rides.
Even with FP, I've never seen huge waits for these. It was just so crowded, I won't be going back at this time. Even though there are no slow times any more, we've had much better luck in May and Jan/Feb.

Don't worry too much about going out of bounds to retrieve Nemo. I'd have definitely done the same and I'm sure many others have and will.
I just hate being a rule breaker, but anything to get an expensive Disney souvenir back.

Sorry for the rough morning. I'm glad you got to get on the new Soarin though! And it sounds like you made some good, time-saving FPs!
Yeah, I'm glad it worked out, I thought the FP would be wasted.

Kind of a rough morning! I hope it turns around. Cute pictures with Minnie! We didn't manage to meet her on our trip and I'm still a bit sad about it.
Oh no, no Minnie? The morning didn't seem too bad to me then, but looking back I guess it wasn't the best :rotfl:

We leave for Disney in one week! :jumping1:So for that reason I will be updating this TR fast and furious in order to finish up before we leave.

Day 4: Part

DS2 was happy when I gave him from fruit snacks, but DS4 continued to sulk the whole way over to our next destination. We still had time before our FP, so we stopped in Mexico for some much needed air conditioning and a chance to rest our feet. Once again, DS4’s theatrics started up again and my mom told me to take the other two on the ride. First we tried on some hats though.

Then the ride.

Once the ride was over, DS4 was completely fine again, and we were ready to use our final FP. The only problem was that the ride was now down. Not wanting to leave just yet, we saw that the line for Anna and Elsa was only 15 minutes, and being one of DS4’s requests, we got in line.

I absolutely loved the theming of the summer haus, it was so pretty in there. Once we got into the room with Elsa, DS4 got so excited. I wish I could have captured that happiness and bottled it for when he was in his less happy moments. But I was just glad to see that my effort was not wasted, because he has nearly jumping up in down in anticipation to meet Else. When it was finally our turn, we once again got the no princesses comment:cool:.

I have no idea what they talked about, but she took a lot of time with them and they thoroughly enjoyed it.

Next up we had Anna, and it was probably the best meet of the trip. She got right down to DS2 and asked him if she could have his paci, which he happily gave over to her. She was talking to him about something I don’t remember and then she mentioned chocolate, which he got really excited about and responded chocat? That boys loves his chocat. :rotfl2:She got really excited and said his reaction made her whole day.

Then we got some posed pictures, which are my favorite from the whole trip.

After our amazing meet, we were ready to get the heck out of there. My mom looked like she was dying from the heat and the boys needed a nap. We took the monorail back to the Poly and the boys fell asleep immediately.

We once again went to Capt Cook for lunch, this time getting it to go. I got the Hawaiian flatbread and it was delicious.

We ate in the room and relaxed while the boys slept. Once they had woken up, my mom offered to take DS4 & 6 to the pool. I eagerly agreed and promptly feel asleep for a quick 20-minute nap. This trip more than any other took more out of me, even though it was only a short one. I think the late nights/early mornings, combined with the crazy heat and humidity were doing me in and I was grateful for such a short trip.

After naps naps and swim time, we had yet to eat the cake that came in DS4’s birthday gift, and we were all ready for a snack.

I made the boys eat the cake on the balcony to minimize the mess, and you can’t go out on the balcony without getting a picture of the castle.

Once, we had our sweet treat, we were ready to head back out for the night. Sensing our time at the Poly was coming to a close I started taking pictures of everything.

We quickly got from the Poly to the TTC via the monorail, but we waited forever for the monorail over to Epcot. A CM there began talking to me and he was super friendly and nice, but it was like he had no filter. When I told him where we was saying his response was, that’s a lot of money:blush:. But I had fun chatting with him nonetheless and it made the eternal monorail wait go by faster.

On the monorail ride over to Ecpot, we had another CM with no filter. She was there on CP and a friend must have been visiting her because she was asking all about the program. This CP went on for the entire monorail ride basically about how awful it was and she better become an Imagineer, with all the hard work she was putting in and how Universal treats their team members so much better. Her bitter attitude basically made me think she was another entitled Millenial ( I can say that because I am a Millenial as well, although I hate being lumped in the group), who didn’t want to put in the work to get her dream job. I’m not sure why she would want to stay with a company it seemed she loathed, but maybe she was trying to act tough for her friend. Either way, I am not naïve to the crap that CMs have to put up with both from their company and guests, which is why I try to smile, say hi, or thank every single CM I come across. But it doesn’t put you in the feel good Disney mood to be reminded of that. After the longest monorail ride ever, and an hour after we left the Poly we were finally at Epcot. DS6 said he wanted to go to Club Cool, so we went there first. We put the two older boys in the stroller, so my mom carried DS2 like this.

Club Cool was super crowded and I got separated from my mom and the two older boys, but DS2 was having a ball trying some soda. Obviously being two he’s never had any soda before and this was his initial reaction.

But he went back for more, because this boy loves anything sweet.

I stuck to my favorite, the Pineapple Fanta, which I love and lamented the fact that I can’t buy in the store. Funny enough just a few weeks ago, I was buying a 2 liter, which I never do and I noticed that they actually do sell this at my local store, Meijer in case anybody has those around them.

After trying some soda from around the world, we had time for ride before our ADR. We got to the Land Pavilion and were wanting to ride LwtL, as it’s another favorite of ours. The line said 20 minutes, and our ADR was in 15. I made the call to get in line, because hopefully it would be quicker than that and it’s not the end of the world to be a few minutes late. Did we make it?

Last edited:
Hi! Loved the updates. Looks like a pretty good morning despite the crowds but still fun for the boys overall. Nice they got in some good naps (BTW the walk to the TTC isn't bad! I think it's much faster than the monorail). Love the meet with Anna! How super sweet was that!

After our amazing meet, we were ready to get the heck out of there
I'm glad that Anna was so great with the boys. I love the group hug picture with all of them.

Once, we had our sweet treat, we were ready to head back out for the night. Sensing our time at the Poly was coming to a close I started taking pictures of everything.
I think we've all been there. That last day just makes you want to capture every possible memory.

But he went back for more, because this boy loves anything sweet.

::yes:: And those cups are the perfect size for him!

Cute pics with Anna & Elsa, I'm glad the boys enjoyed meeting them!
Thanks, it was a blast.

Hi! Loved the updates. Looks like a pretty good morning despite the crowds but still fun for the boys overall. Nice they got in some good naps (BTW the walk to the TTC isn't bad! I think it's much faster than the monorail). Love the meet with Anna! How super sweet was that!
See that's what I thought but since he couldn't tell me how to get there, I figured wandering around trying to find out how to get there would be slow too, so just settled for the monorail.

I'm glad that Anna was so great with the boys. I love the group hug picture with all of them.
Me too, I love how into they all were.

I think we've all been there. That last day just makes you want to capture every possible memory.
Totally, and seeing as winning the lottery would be the most likely cause of me staying there again, I really was feeling it.

::yes:: And those cups are the perfect size for him!
Very true :rotfl2:

Onboard. Great title
:welcome: and thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter