• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mother, Daughter and Sausage Dining Review! Final Meal - Complete 9/27!!

:rotfl2: haha! You understand! What an awesome photo! It's been a few years since I've been to Europe so I'm guessing that her cell phone really might work there? Maybe I won't tell her that! She's already told me that I "must" buy the wifi package on the cruise! We'll see about that!
So the quest for wifi has already begun. ;) Earlier this summer, I went on a trip to Australia with other people from my school. And let me tell you...the vast majority of our free time was spent looking for wifi hotspots. In fact, over that 2-week trip I probably spent more time at McDonald's (for the free wifi) than I had spent there over the previous 10 years! :lmao:

This is not dining related at all but I thought I'd share some photos that I took of my DD at WDW. This is what a 13 year old does while on vacation. emmysmommy, 25eels and chocolateminnie have already seen my facebook album but I thought I would share with you all because I thought these were funny!

I made a photo collage for her to show her how addicted she is to her texting! Thank goodness her phone won't work in the Mediterranean so she might actually notice things like the Colosseum or the leaning tower of Pisa!!

[/FONT]

I LOVE this. Text phone usage by my kids and people in the grocery stores and driving make me crazy. My kids are not allowed to text in restaurants and my DD knows better than text when it's just the two of us in WDW. I don't mind when we are in lines, just waiting, but not the non-stop texts she tends to do. Last month between my DS20 and my DD16 we had over 8,000 text and that was not our worst month.

They never realized how much they were missing until they all got their license and had no idea how to get anywhere because they were always looking down at their phones when we were in the car.

Love all the texting photos!! I text quite a bit but mostly just to DH and since he will be with me I won't be texting as much! However I will be texting some to Barb for her never ending thread!

Texting around the world! :rotfl2::rotfl:LOL!!

It's such a girl thing. If we would have been able to txt back in school we would have done the same.:rotfl2:

Hi Tracy! I think I'm now caught up with your reviews! Your filet at CG looks wonderful and that view from your table is ah-mazing! Eilee was so very pretty in her blue dress. :) You came to the rescue by swapping shoes - what a mom!!

The four cheese pizza at VN makes me want to try that next time since it looks wonderful. I like the way you described the zeppoles... great description.

The henna tattoo is adorable - glad that you were able to have it fixed. (The tattoo lady we always see is Ilham from Casablanca.)

Good luck on your 5K! That is awesome that you are running the 10 miler AND to be doing it at WDW. ::yes:: I think my limit is 10 miles...on my good days I can do 10 miles but those "good days" are getting fewer and way far between!

Oh, and so glad that I could assist and be your photo assistant for the texting photo at CRT! ;)

So the quest for wifi has already begun. ;) Earlier this summer, I went on a trip to Australia with other people from my school. And let me tell you...the vast majority of our free time was spent looking for wifi hotspots. In fact, over that 2-week trip I probably spent more time at McDonald's (for the free wifi) than I had spent there over the previous 10 years! :lmao:

Eilee only has a basic phone, no smartphone so I'm not sure how it will work for her. But she has an ipod touch with some texting app so she was alternating between the two at WDW! I think she might need to use her ipod touch with the wifi in Europe. I'm sure we will also be visiting McDonalds wherever we can find them so she can text/email. But I think we'll have to set a time limit so we don't miss seeing the good stuff!:rotfl2:

I LOVE this. Text phone usage by my kids and people in the grocery stores and driving make me crazy. My kids are not allowed to text in restaurants and my DD knows better than text when it's just the two of us in WDW. I don't mind when we are in lines, just waiting, but not the non-stop texts she tends to do. Last month between my DS20 and my DD16 we had over 8,000 text and that was not our worst month.

They never realized how much they were missing until they all got their license and had no idea how to get anywhere because they were always looking down at their phones when we were in the car.

I never even thought of the fact that Eilee probably doesn't know how to get anywhere! I'm sure she pays no attention at all to the roads when I'm driving. I've been known to grab the cell phone and shove it in my purse to make sure that we get some quality time together! :rotfl2: Vince pays the cell phone bill so I don't even see it. Maybe I'll have to take a look to see how many texts she does per month. I'm kind of scared! :lmao:

Love, love, love the texting photos!
She looks so engrossed :)

Oh yes, I think she actually liked waiting in lines so she could have some quality texting time! :lmao:

Love all the texting photos!! I text quite a bit but mostly just to DH and since he will be with me I won't be texting as much! However I will be texting some to Barb for her never ending thread!

Well sending texts to Barb is perfectly acceptable! It's encouraged actually!

Texting around the world! :rotfl2::rotfl:LOL!!

It's such a girl thing. If we would have been able to txt back in school we would have done the same.:rotfl2:

I was wondering if boys text as much as girls text. :scratchin Because my teen texts A LOT!! I'm so glad we didn't have cell phones when we were that age. I may not have graduated! I'm also glad that there was no such thing as Facebook when I was in college. That would have been bad! :rotfl2:

Hi Tracy! I think I'm now caught up with your reviews! Your filet at CG looks wonderful and that view from your table is ah-mazing! Eilee was so very pretty in her blue dress. :) You came to the rescue by swapping shoes - what a mom!!

The four cheese pizza at VN makes me want to try that next time since it looks wonderful. I like the way you described the zeppoles... great description.

The henna tattoo is adorable - glad that you were able to have it fixed. (The tattoo lady we always see is Ilham from Casablanca.)

Good luck on your 5K! That is awesome that you are running the 10 miler AND to be doing it at WDW. ::yes:: I think my limit is 10 miles...on my good days I can do 10 miles but those "good days" are getting fewer and way far between!

Oh, and so glad that I could assist and be your photo assistant for the texting photo at CRT! ;)

Thanks for the good 5K wishes! My friend and I just ran the 5K course yesterday and we made it through just fine so I should be nervous...but I still am! So after this I need to concentrate on adding more distance over the winter - because I've never run close to 10 miles!! Yikes! but you're always welcome to come and run the ToT 10 miler with me if you'd like...;)

And did I mention that those red shoes went right in the trash before we even left WDW? :rotfl2:

After lunch at Via Napoli we went back to check out the Boardwalk Inn some more! I ♥ Boardwalk!! When Eilee and I checked in for our final night we went to the room and played the Be Our Guest song on the ipod and danced around the room! :rotfl2: Yes, we really did this. :laughing: We went out on the balcony for a bit and this was our view. Sorry, my camera kept fogging up so it's a little weird.
DSC00824_640x425_.jpg

And we enjoyed this lovely strawberry cupcake from Boardwalk Bakery on the balcony!
DSC00820_640x425_.jpg

I really liked this cupcake! I used to be someone that would say "The more frosting the better!" but now I don't enjoy fillings and mile high frosting anymore :confused3. I did take off some of the frosting but luckily the filling was soft and fluffy and not too sweet. This is my second cupcake of the trip by the way in my quest to try three new cupcakes that I haven't had before!

We checked out the Boardwalk Inn and while we were wandering around we found these creepy chairs! I'd read about them here before but it was quite funny to see them in person as I'd completely forgotten about them! I think I heard that they have names? :laughing: So I made Eilee sit on/with them.
DSC00762_640x425_.jpg

DSC00761_640x425_.jpg

We spent the rest of the night at Epcot (again) and we needed another snack before dinner so we got some caramel corn from Karamell Kuche!
DSC00806_640x425_.jpg

Eilee fell in love with this caramel corn. She said it was the best she's had so she saved some and she liked it even more the next day when it was kind of chewy as opposed to crunchy. I hoped her braces would be ok with that!

And then we rode Spaceship Earth - and we got stuck on it!! I was our goal to get stuck on at least one ride and we actually got stuck on two (we got stuck on Haunted Mansion for a very long time too). Here we are on that ride!
DSC00813_640x425_.jpg

DSC00817_640x425_.jpg

And then it was time...time for Beaches & Cream! I was finally going to get my burger and a No Way Jose!! :banana: But did I ever mention that my daughter, my only child, is pretty spoiled and she can kind of talk me into anything? Well, she talked me out of Beaches and Cream and into this.
DSC00811_640x425_.jpg

So we ended up splitting a chicken shawarma platter from Tangierine Cafe. And do you want to know why?? I'd mentioned that my DD is obsessed with The Avengers and apparently there is some scene in the movie that references shawarma! She asked if we could please eat there so she could try it. I guess shawarma is not something that we would get to eat in small town Wisconsin (and we can get a burger anywhere) so I said sure. Not that there was anything wrong with this shawarma platter because it was actually pretty tasty but when you have your heart set on something else it's not easy. But to be fair to the shawarma I will say that the chicken was hot and tender and the sauce really added a nice touch. And the pita was soft and warm. I knew that I'd love the hummus (and I did, it was excellent) but wasn't so sure about the couscous and the tabouleh but I did enjoy them. There was a spice in the couscous that I wasn't familiar with but I really liked it!! And the couscous also contained raisins which added a little sweetness - yum! And we didn't leave here completely stuffed which was kind of nice...I guess.;)

So there you have it - the meal that wasn't Beaches & Cream.
Up next - our last meal - Breakfast at Boardwalk Bakery!

The Chicken Shawarma platter looks good! I love Hummus and Tabbouleh!!

Sorry it wasn't your beaches and cream though!

Darn...so sorry to hear that you had to miss out on your No Way Jose, Tracy! I know how much you were looking forward to it. :(

I guess it's just another one of those sacrifices that we make for our children. :worried: But at least you had a decent substitute. My (what I'm sure would have been ;) ) delicious dinner at Flying Fish was replaced by a cardboard pizza in a box...I mean, a pizza in a cardboard box. ;) :laughing:

The Chicken Shawarma platter looks good! I love Hummus and Tabbouleh!!

Sorry it wasn't your beaches and cream though!

Honestly, if I couldn't have B&C I have to say that this was a good substitute! I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. :thumbsup2

Darn...so sorry to hear that you had to miss out on your No Way Jose, Tracy! I know how much you were looking forward to it. :(

I guess it's just another one of those sacrifices that we make for our children. :worried: But at least you had a decent substitute. My (what I'm sure would have been ;) ) delicious dinner at Flying Fish was replaced by a cardboard pizza in a box...I mean, a pizza in a cardboard box. ;) :laughing:

Those darn kids!! I had to wear those blister causing jelly shoes, pay extra to get her henna tattoo fixed and eat a shawarma platter instead of the No Way Jose! :rotfl2: I was craving the NWJ so much that when we got home I made my own homemade peanut butter sauce (which was very good by the way), bought tons of toppings and we had a sundae party with one of Eilee's friends. It was all for my benefit really. ;)

Tracy, the platter looks yummy and so does that lovely strawberry cupcake. I have such a weakness for strawberries. The pics are hilarious! Eilee is lovely as usual. I love that she has your infectious smile.

And then we rode Spaceship Earth - and we got stuck on it!! I was our goal to get stuck on at least one ride and we actually got stuck on two (we got stuck on Haunted Mansion for a very long time too). Here we are on that ride!
DSC00813_640x425_.jpg

DSC00817_640x425_.jpg

I love these pictures! This must be a mother/daughter thing. My DD have gone to the parks the past two years alone and both times at the end of the night in Epcot, when we were beyond exhausted and giddy we road Spaceship Earth over and over. We made such bizarre faces and laughed way too loud. I'm so happy to see we aren't the only people who do this. Makes feel less embarrassed when I have to stand there as my daughter points to our horrible pictures on the big screen. You are braver than me for posting the picture!

I now have to have the strawberry cupcake. It seems every review has had this recently and it looks so good.

I love the pictures of you two on SSE, as well as the pics of the creepy flower chairs! :rotfl: So sorry you missed out on the No Way Jose, but at least you were able to prepare a decent peanut butter sauce at home. :goodvibes

Eilee cracks me UP. I just love that your meal plans changed because of a reference in the Avengers! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: You're such an accommodating mom! The shawarma looks so good though!

I am home laid up in the bed after ankle surgery, so I was finally able to get caught up on your DR. I am enjoying it very much !! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. I am so jealous of your Dismeet. We went to WDW that week AFTER you did and I missed meeting all of those great people !!

I totally agree w/ you on the texting FB thing.:rotfl::lmao:

Those chairs ARE creepy. :crazy:

Too bad for B&C. I hear they had a menu make over, maybe it'll be even better?:confused3

The platter looks good to me but it is VERY different to me. I have been eye ballin' it on the boards for a while now. :scratchin Do you know if they sell any in side portions?...Or I can check the menu..lol! :blush:

Eww one other thing, while I'm writing this book. What a lovely view you had @ the BR.

That strawberry cupcake from BW Bakery appears to be a popular one with our crowd! You are the 3rd or 4th person who got one that week!

What a mom!!! That shawarma plate looks quite tasty. One day I need to stop in and try that. I wonder if they have some of the same food at Marrakesh?? :confused3 Even though you sacrificed your NWJ, there's always next time!

Yay that you got stuck on two rides!! :banana: I want to be stuck on Pirates of the Caribbean - that's my personal goal! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter