Most horrible physical pains you have experienced?

That hemorrhoid surgery was awful. I’d have another c section before I’d do that. That seriously was the worst thing I’ve ever done. And the dr messed it up so I still have the same problem I had before the surgery

best I can come up with to describe the pain is having a rectal exam by Edward scissor hands. Except he took his blades and heated them up to molten lava first
Exactly! It wasn't the surgery that got me,it was using the area afterwards that just had me in tears.Absolutely awful.Plus I was numb from sitting on ice for a week.

Shingles, adenomyosis, and mastitis (nursing round the clock through the pain - YIKES!) I can't even rank them because I have tried to push them all out of my memory!

kidney stones. I had 4 natural child births with no anesthesia (only a local when they did the episiotomy) and that pain was not nearly as bad.

Yes, kidney stones was the worst physical pain that I have ever had. It felt like someone was stabbing me in my back and ripping my spine out. Worse. Pain. EVER.

Rotator cuff surgery. It was 5 weeks ago and I still couldn't sleep well last night.
I had this surgery and they had to shave scar tissue off my scapula-twice. For me, it wasn't that bad. I hope you sleep better soon.

kidney stones. I had 4 natural child births with no anesthesia (only a local when they did the episiotomy) and that pain was not nearly as bad.

Yes, kidney stones was the worst physical pain that I have ever had. It felt like someone was stabbing me in my back and ripping my spine out. Worse. Pain. EVER.
shhhhh!!! don't tell the men that.

Broken tail bone
It hurts sitting, standing, laying in any position and takes 6 weeks to heal. I was breast feeding so no pain pills.
I would say a bruised tail bone when I fell at the house. Hurt like hell for several weeks.

Hopefully your tailbones will heal properly and not haunt you like mine do - I broke mine in my early twenties, aggravated it during two pregnancies/births, and then it came back to mess up my nerves down there so badly that I was diagnosed (finally) with pelvic floor disfunction and pudendal neuralgia. Some of that comes from stress, but some of it comes from the messed up tailbone. Not the worst pain I've ever had, but the longest lasting.

I've been lucky to not have too many painful things. My worst was probably shingles. I had them around my waistline and they began inside before the blisters appeared, so we had no idea what was causing the intense pain. I went to the ER and they did all kinds of tests and couldn't find anything wrong. It wasn't until the blisters presented themselves 2 days later that my doctor figured out what it was and could get me on the correct medications.

Ruptured disc at L5/S1. I literally could not walk, sit, stand. Best I could muster was crawling around on my hands and knees (crying). The pain was so excruciating...no words. I understand why people in pain get hooked on pain meds. If any of the drugs I was given for the pain actually worked I would have been snorting them daily. But they didn't. Surgery saved my life.

The stone that was stuck in my bile duct after having my gallbladder removed. They sent me home when I told them I wasn’t right. They said i just had surgery and it was normal. When I returned to the ER a few days later, my blood pressure was off the charts. This is why I rarely go to the doctor - they don’t listen.

Second would be an epidural blood patch. I had 4 C-sections which were nothing compared to that pain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter