• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most Expensive / Moist Exhausting Continued - Final thoughts and wrap-up

That word final should not be allowed!

I am very sad to see this ending and hope your break won't be too long...I personally am a big fan of the year long PTR...:rotfl:

It's hard to schedule things around those darn kids schedules isn't it? It's still freaking us out we are only taking 2 of 4 on the cruise. But..it is what it is.

Vero sounds great, it is on my radar for someday, as is HH but I can't say I know what I'd do in your scenario either! Possibly as I'm entirely muddled by my own, which isn't until 12/12...to far away to think about without bursting blood vessels.

Other than....that Harry Potter day should be a "must have".

Love the last pics, the girls with their instruments, signing and flowers. What a springy finale.

dude you got second place, just accept it, even with this it wouldnt put you over the top.

glenn i think you should send me marvs prize for his last ditch attempt.
:sad2:
Oh, you thought that was my LAST ditch attempt???? (insert eerie, maniacal laugh here)

I haven't finished formulating my Rules Committee appeal just yet....... :rolleyes1

Thanks for the fun, Glennbo.

Was a great ride, met some people I didn't know on the DIS and made a few friends (I hope.) Will tune in to your next trip, whenever that may be! You have a great family, and you seem to be an awesome father!

I know all about budget issues preventing WDW trips...:headache: Oh well, only thing to do is haunt the DIS and make foolish attempts at a witty comment.

With that said... and with the birthday meal in mind...

Pasta la vista, baby.

(My god. What have I done?)

Awwww Glenn, I'm so sad your TR is over. What a great time it's been. It's amazing a whole year has passed. I almost want to go back to the beginning and read it all over again. I'm excited to see what you end up planning for 2012. Maybe I'll try and plan a trip next year around the same time :rolleyes1 I love Swiffer. He is so adorable. Swiffer and Pixel should have a play date.... only I'd have to drive several hours to get there :laughing: Don't be a stranger now that you aren't writing a TR/PTR. I expect regular visits to my PTR :snooty: :laughing:

You still haven't done that Civil War trip? I remember you telling me about that when we met up.

So it'll be a low-key summer...but there's nothing wrong with that. I like your ideas about exploring the other DVC resorts like Vero Beach or Hilton Head. I'm curious to see what a Disney vacation is like in other locales.

I'm also glad to see James sporting the Eagles colors. I know you're proud. :upsidedow And Marlene appears to have a future as a photographer! :thumbsup2

I know I was late to the party, but I really enjoyed your TR. It's been great to get to know you and your family, and you all obviously love each other very much. I'll look forward to seeing you around the boards and hope to read about your future adventures. Thanks for taking us along.

Oh, and please do let me know if you're down our way and have some free time. :thumbsup2

Well done, Glenn, well done! I truly hate to see this one end, as epic and entertaining as it has been. I hope you figure out which scenario will work for the family in 2012. Meanwhile, I'll look for you on other threads that I've seen you posting in.

Take care until the next PTR. You know, people DO start PTR's this early.:rolleyes1 Just sayin.

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Just a quick 'Thank You' from a luker on your report. I know how time consuming a TR can be to write and post so Thank You for sharing your trip with us I enjoyed it very much!

How great that a lurker was the first to post after the final chapter went up. However, I think I remember you posting waaay back on the first thread. I'll give you a :welcome: anyway....they don't cost much.

You're welcome! And you're right, it does take a lot of time. I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

wow...BEST ENDING EVER! :worship:

I don't know about that, but thanks. It reminds me of a junior-high "talent" show (had to go back and put quotes around that word :rolleyes1 ) I went to a while back -- some acts got applause because they ended, if you know what I mean.

Love all the family pictures.

Marlene's pictures are spectacular. I think you need to put her in charge of photography on future trips.

I knew you'd like them....they made me think of yours. :)

Can I just say I love the oboe. Coolest woodwind instrument and so hard to play.

Yes, you can say that. It is hard to play, not that I know from experience myself, but you know. We've had our ups and downs.

Can I just say that any girl that plays the piccolo and marches is A-OK in my book!!!!! :goodvibes

Love James football pix!

:yay: :banana:

Hershey park - love that place!

A theme park based on chocolate. Sounds like a winner!

:cool1: to Vero and WDW in June 2012. I'm planning a June 2012 trip as well. Not sure how it will all shake out yet, but maybe our paths will cross.

That'd be cool. We'll have to stay in touch.

Wait - Joy to the World.....Three Dog Night? I am assuming you mean the Christmas carol. No Way!!!!!!!! No she didn't!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

Not the Christmas carol, the "Jeremiah was a bullfrog" one. :headache:

I'm glad James is on the Eagles side of things. Smart kid!

They get drafted onto a team, and then later the team names are assigned, so it was just the luck of the draw. Actually, he had hoped they'd be the Steelers. For the first couple of practices, they were told they'd either be the Steelers or the Eagles (not sure how they knew that, but anyway)....so they called themselves "the Steagles").

I'm also amazed that Swiffer's eyes are so clear! You can't see any tear stains!! I hope Angel Eyes works for Bandit. We have the beef liver flavor now and it's upsetting his stomach a little...not enough to stop using it, but enough to notice. So we ordered a bottle of the sweet potato flavor. I hope that helps things!!

I don't think I'd like either flavor :crazy2:

Right now his front feet are stained a reddish-brown. He chews them when we're away, as a nervous thing. And I guess food residue stains them. Maybe it'll go away since summer's here and the family is around more.

California Howdy? :eek:

That doesn't sound good!

Oh look, he's working on bonus points before she even asks the question!:rotfl2:

I thought about asking for bonus points when I gave a couple of suggestions, but thought that maybe I shouldn't be so blatant about it. I'm glad it was obvious that I should get some! :laughing:

Very late to the party here, and I am not even close to finishing up your TR, but so far I have absolutely loved it. Sorry I wasn't along for the whole ride in real time, but I will certainly be signing right up for the next one!:goodvibes

Hi cdotla! And :welcome: I've seen you post on other threads....good to hear from you.

Thanks for the kind words -- I'm glad you're enjoying the TR!

How fitting. I was lurking at the beginning of your trip report, and got a little behind. I finally got caught up enough to post when the report split into the second part. I actually made it on the first page of "Part 2". Then I got behind again. I'm finally caught up. The day you finish up!!! :rotfl2:

Well sure, I was waiting for you to get caught up before I posted the last chapter. Yeah, that's it!

I have thoroughly enjoyed your report. You have some great pictures, and your family sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I love to live vicariously through others' trips.

Thank you very much. You're very welcome, and I'm glad you liked it.

Glenn, that was one EPIC trip report! You have a wonderful family. Thank you for sharing your special experiences at the most magical place on earth. :hug:

Cool! Epic is good! Thanks!

It was my pleasure.

1 Judy!!! :cool1: :rotfl2:

I was wondering who'd be the first to do that! :rotfl2:

Seriously now I have enjoyed evey bit of it. You had a great time and made so many memories. That's what it is all about right??

Yep-er. I'm glad you had a good time following along. Thanks for joining in and contributing to the banter.

I am confident that whatever you decide to do on you next vacation, it will be fabulous because you will all be together. :goodvibes

Thanks, I think so too.

Well, this is one time I read through the update first! Is it too late to say.......ONE Judy! ;)

Actually, it is. 1) because the game is over, and 2) because Pat the Poolrat already beat you to it. No more bridesmaid for her :bride:

Nice job of finishing everything up and tying it all together! It has been a fun ride. And I do have to say that Marlene took some very beautiful pictures! Very sharp, crisp and well framed.

Thanks. I thought she did a nice job too.

They are all growing up so much, and the girls are just getting prettier! You better start practicing your gun cleaning so you look adept at it when the boys start coming around...... :rolleyes1

One of those Blue Collar Comedy Tour guys says, "I'm not afraid to go back to prison." :lmao:

Too funny with Swiffer after the York peppermint patties! Good thing I wasn't there or I would have joined in on that one.

Not sure Marlene could've held you back as well as she did with Swiffer.

Three Dogs Night??? Seriously???? :sad2:

The worst part is, it's stuff like that that starts me thinking I might be starting to approach middle-age. Some day.

It's been great engaging you in all the witty banter! Keep me posted when you firm up your plans for next year! We will probably be looking to go back around that same time. It won't be nearly as much fun in a few weeks without you there to stalk my every move! :thumbsup2

Will do.

Every move? That might be a little bit of an exaggeration. Just 'cause you picked the same parks each day as I did, and the same BLT tour.

Great wrap-up Glenn! It's nice to see what you all in your natural habitat! Had to chuckle over Lauren's mints - my boys have gotten pudding, easy mac, rice krispie treats (love the big boxes of all these from Sam's) in addition to bags of candy. I know I can't go wrong giving them food - buying them clothes or other things can be another story!

She's a big fan of the peppermint patty. Me, I prefer Reese's. And Ho-ho's. Which aren't a candy, but they make are a great birthday present.

Oh - and do you have any Marv-stalking tips to pass along?? ;)

Yes. If you see someone walking by that you think might be Marv, but aren't exactly sure....just go ahead and yell out "Marv!". If he looks back, it's him. If not, it isn't. It worked like a charm for me!

Oh, no..say it ain't so, Glennbo! :lmao: Its late and been a long day...give me a break!

Yes, yes...it's so. Sorry about your long day though.

Great wrap-up. I so thoroughly enjoyed this whole TR. The pictures were incredible, and the commentary wasn't too bad, either. Love the up to date pics, too. Those are always neat.

Looking forward to you taking us along on your next adventure. Thank for you for sharing this one with all of us. :goodvibes

Thanks Tina! I was happy to have you along.

And THREE DOGS NIGHT???!!! Sheesh...

Exactly -- Sheesh!

You always say references that make songs get stuck in my head.
Right now it's ♪♫ Jeremiah was a Bullfrog...♪♫

♪♫ Was a good friend 'a mine ♪♫

Oh, they did change some of the words. They didn't sing about drinking wine...they sang "always had a mighty fine time". There were one or two other spots they changed too. I was okay with that.

I hate your TR is over :guilty:. It was never boring & very entertaining to read!!!!

Thanks Amy!

A Vero beach vacation sounds nice! I hope you & Marv's 2012 trip does run at the same time. That would be fun TR to read.

Probably safer to read about it than actually be there. :rotfl2:

Your wrap-up was excellent & I loved the spring pictures of your family.
You have 3 beautiful girls in your life & 1 handsome son. You are truly blessed! Have a great summer!

Aw thanks! How nice! You have a great summer too.

Thanks again, Glen! It's been Real:hippie:

Far out!

I enjoyed your Spring pics! Looks like a busy time as usual for your family. I love how your kids said it was time together that was the best - you and Judy are doing a great job with them:thumbsup2

Don't be a stranger!

Thanks Tammie!

I've looked in on your TR, I read some of the "how cold is it" chapter, but haven't had an opportunity to comment. Don't worry...I'll get there.

Glen, thank you very much for this great trip report! I enjoyed it very much, it always mada a dull work day a little brighter when there was a new installment waiting for me in the morning.

Wow, that's the best Katharina! Thanks!

And thanks for playing along when Marv "created" the game. It was a lot of fun and I even made 2 points - I hadn't realized :cool1:

Yes, I don't know what I would have done without Marv. ;)

you know 99% of the people here at the Dis wouldnt know what your username means or from where it comes

frawd der :thumbsup2 (i love it and have all the dvd's)

Hey now, you can't sneak in here :tiptoe: without a :welcome:

Yeah, she had to tell me what it meant. You're good.

:thumbsup2 wow, I think you are actually the first who didn't have to ask me what it meant. And definitely the first ever to make the connection... we own all the dvds as well. It's one of our standards when we don't have anything new to watch, this and m.a.s.h.

I don't know that BBC show, but I'm a big fan of M*A*S*H.

I hate "finales" of any kind. :sad2:

Boy, I really stunk in the "Judy contest." :headache:

I love how Swiffer is trying to help open the presents. Swiffer is one smart cookie...knowing that candy was there (did you catch that little connection there, Glenn?).

Your family is beautiful and, as I said before, I thoroughly enjoyed your report and getting to know you. :hug:

Drat! Since I never could get caught up on this one, I was hoping you would be starting a new PTR that I could stay caught up on! I hope you do once your 2012 plans are a little more firm.

Wave at me when you go to Hersheypark - we live about 20 minutes away.

Thank you for an AMAZING trip report Glenn!!! I'll be missing all your wit and puns and overall funny sayings from the report. I think I'll re-read the completed one...

This was a great last post. Everyone else will have to top it now! I had an awesome time here. Love those last pictures of your family. Marlene did a great job with those blossom pictures.

Awww I'm definitely sad to see this TR end!!! Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

Thanks Stringbean! You're very welcome!

Your 2012 plans sound like they have some fun possibilities. I'm not sure I could have the self-control to only go to Disney for 3 days out of a week-long trip though! :laughing:

I know...that's what bothers me about that option.

enjoyed the last update glenn...looks like you beat me done.

Being so meticulous at spelling slows you down. Just let 'er rip. ;)

that was a good way to wrap it all up...and you cant help but love the photobomb...that was my favorite.

I knew I had to include that one.

is this a free glennbo referall?
:rolleyes1

Yes. Unless you'd like to send me money, in which case you may. I like the ones with pictures of Ben Franklin on them.

dude you got second place, just accept it, even with this it wouldnt put you over the top.

Any sentence that starts with "dude" when you're addressing Marv just cracks me up.

glenn i think you should send me marvs prize for his last ditch attempt.
:sad2:

:laughing:

That word final should not be allowed!

I am very sad to see this ending and hope your break won't be too long...I personally am a big fan of the year long PTR...:rotfl:

Thank you Cynthia. I know, there are plenty of long PTRs.....and I thought about it....but thought that a break was in order.

It's hard to schedule things around those darn kids schedules isn't it? It's still freaking us out we are only taking 2 of 4 on the cruise. But..it is what it is.

Yes. And it's getting tougher and tougher.

Vero sounds great, it is on my radar for someday, as is HH but I can't say I know what I'd do in your scenario either! Possibly as I'm entirely muddled by my own, which isn't until 12/12...to far away to think about without bursting blood vessels.

There's so much to think about. I've run these by Judy, but I think we need to talk and narrow it down some.

Other than....that Harry Potter day should be a "must have".

Endorsed by eandesmom!

Love the last pics, the girls with their instruments, signing and flowers. What a springy finale.

Thanks!

Oh, you thought that was my LAST ditch attempt???? (insert eerie, maniacal laugh here)

I haven't finished formulating my Rules Committee appeal just yet....... :rolleyes1

Oh boy. :faint:

Thanks for the fun, Glennbo.

Was a great ride, met some people I didn't know on the DIS and made a few friends (I hope.) Will tune in to your next trip, whenever that may be! You have a great family, and you seem to be an awesome father!

You're welcome Squidgyness. I think you made some friends too. There are definitely a few who want you to join their threads!

Thanks!

I know all about budget issues preventing WDW trips...:headache: Oh well, only thing to do is haunt the DIS and make foolish attempts at a witty comment.

Hey, that sounds like me!

With that said... and with the birthday meal in mind...

Pasta la vista, baby.

(My god. What have I done?)

I have actually said that! And recently too! :rotfl2:

Awwww Glenn, I'm so sad your TR is over. What a great time it's been. It's amazing a whole year has passed. I almost want to go back to the beginning and read it all over again.

Jenbear, jenbear, jenbear. You're my favorite Canadian.

Although it's hard to tell where you rank with Jim Carrey. And Geddy Lee. And Wayne Gretzky. Oh, and Shania Twain (hubba hubba)! Martin Short and Rich Little. Then there's Tommy Chong, Kim Cattrall, Hayden Christensen, Howie Mandel, Rick Moranis, and Bubba. But you easily beat-out Pierre Trudeau and Corey Haim, no question. Although Chief Dan George is up there....he was great in "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

I'm excited to see what you end up planning for 2012. Maybe I'll try and plan a trip next year around the same time :rolleyes1

We'll see. I wouldn't be surprised....you seem to get there quite a bit!

I love Swiffer. He is so adorable. Swiffer and Pixel should have a play date.... only I'd have to drive several hours to get there :laughing: Don't be a stranger now that you aren't writing a TR/PTR. I expect regular visits to my PTR :snooty: :laughing:

Don't worry....I know I haven't posted in a little while, but I've been keeping watching. Always watching.

You still haven't done that Civil War trip? I remember you telling me about that when we met up.

No. :guilty: Judy was just too busy with school.

So it'll be a low-key summer...but there's nothing wrong with that. I like your ideas about exploring the other DVC resorts like Vero Beach or Hilton Head. I'm curious to see what a Disney vacation is like in other locales.

Yeah, me too. We'll definitely try out Vero.

I'm also glad to see James sporting the Eagles colors. I know you're proud. :upsidedow And Marlene appears to have a future as a photographer! :thumbsup2

He was really hoping for the Steelers, but that's okay.

I know I was late to the party, but I really enjoyed your TR. It's been great to get to know you and your family, and you all obviously love each other very much. I'll look forward to seeing you around the boards and hope to read about your future adventures. Thanks for taking us along.

Thanks Captain!

Oh, and please do let me know if you're down our way and have some free time. :thumbsup2

Will do.

Well done, Glenn, well done! I truly hate to see this one end, as epic and entertaining as it has been. I hope you figure out which scenario will work for the family in 2012. Meanwhile, I'll look for you on other threads that I've seen you posting in.

Thank you! I'll definitely see you around the DIS.

Take care until the next PTR. You know, people DO start PTR's this early.:rolleyes1 Just sayin.

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I know, I know!

Hey, watch it. ;)

I hate "finales" of any kind. :sad2:

Aw, I'll still be around Kathy.

Boy, I really stunk in the "Judy contest." :headache:

That's okay.

I love how Swiffer is trying to help open the presents. Swiffer is one smart cookie...knowing that candy was there (did you catch that little connection there, Glenn?).

I did! Nice one.

Your family is beautiful and, as I said before, I thoroughly enjoyed your report and getting to know you. :hug:

Thanks Kathy. Right back at'cha.

Drat! Since I never could get caught up on this one, I was hoping you would be starting a new PTR that I could stay caught up on! I hope you do once your 2012 plans are a little more firm.

Oh well. You can still finish this one. :laughing: Thanks Jen.

Wave at me when you go to Hersheypark - we live about 20 minutes away.

I'll do that.

Thank you for an AMAZING trip report Glenn!!! I'll be missing all your wit and puns and overall funny sayings from the report. I think I'll re-read the completed one...

Thanks Yuki!

This was a great last post. Everyone else will have to top it now!

What? You're thinking it can be topped?! ;)

I had an awesome time here. Love those last pictures of your family. Marlene did a great job with those blossom pictures.

I'm glad you enjoyed it here Yuki.

I guess you could say Marlene is blossoming as a photographer. (Now do you want to take back those comments about wit and puns?)

glenn, im taking that as you will give me marvs prize...thats what i read when i see the smiley face.

oh boy go quote a glennbo.

Jenbear, jenbear, jenbear. You're my favorite Canadian.

So first I read this and thought "Aww that's so nice" and made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Although it's hard to tell where you rank with Jim Carrey. And Geddy Lee. And Wayne Gretzky. Oh, and Shania Twain (hubba hubba)! Martin Short and Rich Little. Then there's Tommy Chong, Kim Cattrall, Hayden Christensen, Howie Mandel, Rick Moranis, and Bubba. But you easily beat-out Pierre Trudeau and Corey Haim, no question. Although Chief Dan George is up there....he was great in "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

Then I read this long list and thought NEVERMIND :rotfl: You picked some good ones though (liked how you sneaked in Bubba). But really, Hayden Christensen really ain't that great...just sayin' but that's my personal opinion. Maybe I'm biased because I went to the same high school as him :rolleyes1 And there's no beating Geddy Lee - he's a bass god :worship: And that voice is priceless.

So glad I beat Pierre Trudeau :lmao: Great list!!!

We'll see. I wouldn't be surprised....you seem to get there quite a bit!

I have no idea how I manage it. Maybe because I don't live on my own yet. That will change hopefully this year!

Don't worry....I know I haven't posted in a little while, but I've been keeping watching. Always watching.

Yikes! Okay Roz.... but you must chime in on occasion so I know you're still alive.

I have enjoyed your trip report and really can't believe it is so many pages and this is part two.:lmao:

Children grow up so fast so enjoy them while you can on trips together because then they start taking their own trips and sometimes parents aren't included.:confused3

My vote is for you to take your parents with you if you get a 2 bedroom. They may not enjoy going to the parks but probably would enjoy hanging around the resort.

Even tho I wasn't able to comment much, I've loved reading along!

Now...as for bringing extra people....do we really need to discuss how wrong that can go? Magical bags o'crap a;nd all that?:confused3

Oh my! It is done. I am kind of sad now. No more updates and I still have 5 and 1/2 months to go. Good thing I am a Dis Mom Groupie and Kimmie is back with her trip report to help me through.

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. I thoroughly enjoyed reading and your writing style is very entertaining. I even was able to overlook the fact that you are a Nittany Lion. I am glad you had a great trip and your family realized the importance of being together. I just made our ADRs for our December trip and I am sad as with two kids graduating college next year this may be our last family trip for awhile.

I am confident you will make the right decision about your next trip and it will be wonderful no matter what you do. We had seven day hoppers on our last trip and it did kind of wear me out. I much prefer our trips where we just go every other day to the theme parks. Between DTD, DQ, waterparks, and relaxing at the resort there is still plenty to do.

Again, thanks for all the hard work you put into this resort and looking forward to reading the next one in a year or so!

There's not much else I can say. You already know I have loved your TR. I appreciate all the effort and time you have spent on it. I hope you and your family can look back on your TR's and remember the little things that sometimes slip your mind.

Thanks again. I'll be looking forward to your 2012 TR. Thanks for all your advice for SWW. I'll be seeing you! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter