Monorails to no longer operate during Evening Extra Magic Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's actually pretty sad. It's their business to think about all the angles like this when implementing a change of this nature. Let's just hope that was a story from yet another CM not really in the know.

Yes, it really is sad. I was actually shocked when she said it and I actually said "really" and she went on about the 5 hrs blah, blah, blah. Boy, I'm on pain killers and can think better than Disney?? What's wrong with this picture.:rotfl2:

TriSeb°o° : Yup, same girl. Did she also promise to call you as soon as she gets any more info?

... but didn't say anything about NOJ to me...

Yup, same girl. Did she also promise to call you as soon as she gets any more info?

Well what prompted her was that I brought up MNSSHP and then she bought up NOJ as the earleir date.

She did say she would call me back when she has more info. Since she's already called me back twice, I definitely believe she will.

momatater and TriSeb°o°, thanks so much for the updates.

We are staying at CSR. We will be driving to the TTC on Aug 26 and Aug 28, these are both MK EMH nights. We are going to give the ferries the test. If it works out well we will consider getting MNSSHP tickets for Sept 23. I'm so glad we are going the end of the Aug, as I hope to read live reports and TR of people's experiences first.

Wait! Did I read that correctly??? To hop from the GF back to the CR in November, I have to take a bus from the GF to TTC, then a bus from TTC to CR??!!

Wait! Did I read that correctly??? To hop from the GF back to the CR in November, I have to take a bus from the GF to TTC, then a bus from TTC to CR??!!

Or worse. To get from the Poly to the GF, I'd have to go from the Poly (in the opposite direction of where I want to go) to the TTC, only to then have to backtrack to the GF?

And to go from the GF to the Poly I would have to board a bus that goes past the Poly to get to the TTC, and then board a second bus to backtrack to get to the Poly?

From now on, with every welcome packet when you check in at a monorail resort, you will be issued a pair of running shoes. Don't worry though. They will spray them between guests, just like at the bowling alley! :thumbsup2

Seriously though, why wouldn't they just have a series of buses circling the monorail area stopping at each stop so people could get on and off as needed?

Or worse. To get from the Poly to the GF, I'd have to go from the Poly (in the opposite direction of where I want to go) to the TTC, only to then have to backtrack to the GF?

And to go from the GF to the Poly I would have to board a bus that goes past the Poly to get to the TTC, and then board a second bus to backtrack to get to the Poly?

Unless the weather was truly inclement I would be walking from the GF to the Poly. We find that a nice walk.

Liz

Isn't there a long walk way between GF and Poly? I vaguely remember reading a TR where someone from the Poly walked to the movie on the beach at GF, or maybe it was the other way around? Either way, another huge inconvenience.

Unless the weather was truly inclement I would be walking from the GF to the Poly. Liz

A big "unless". When you're all dressed up for a reception at the convention area or a dinner at V&A, you don't really want to get all pitted out walking in 90 degree, 90 percent humidity to the GF. Shorts and a t-shirt? Sure. But after hours when the monorail stops running and you are in a suit and tie? No thanks.

=Seriously though, why wouldn't they just have a series of buses circling the monorail area stopping at each stop so people could get on and off as needed?

That is what I'm kinda expecting, although I don't know if Disney has thought about it yet... ;)

you are correct.
signs were put up some hours before the park would close.
if you had other plans, you wouldn't be considering Enight.

engaged on an E night ticket.........

that is kewl!

of course you are still happily married.
you still go to disney!

Happily married for sure but we don't go to Disney nearly like we used to because of the changes I've been seeing over the years. Oh well, we're still happy. :)

A big "unless". When you're all dressed up for a reception at the convention area or a dinner at V&A, you don't really want to get all pitted out walking in 90 degree, 90 percent humidity to the GF. Shorts and a t-shirt? Sure. But after hours when the monorail stops running and you are in a suit and tie? No thanks.

Well yes that is true - although my daughter did it in a dress and heels once - although she is much younger and used to walking places in heels. But I do get your concern.

Liz

This is really laughable.So if you wanna stay at a "deluxe resort" and go to another" deluxe resort" for a very pricey dinner( coats and dresses mandatory) disney now in order to save a few bucks, wants you to either A walk or B take buses when they have a monorail line right there! Now in what most people would call deluxe resorts this whole idea would never exist!I would love to talk to the genius who came up with this cost cutting move. More evidence that management needs some new faces.:confused3

This is really laughable.So if you wanna stay at a "deluxe resort" and go to another" deluxe resort" for a very pricey dinner( coats and dresses mandatory) disney now in order to save a few bucks, wants you to either A walk or B take buses when they have a monorail line right there!
I would guess the number of guests dining at Victoria & Albert's - the only restaurant with the mandatory dress code described and quoted - and staying at the Polynesian, Contemporary, or Bay Lake Towers any given night is too small for it to be cost-effective to operate the monorail to return these guests to those three resorts.

The dining room has a maximum capacity of 65, and the Chef's Table up to 75. That's no more than 150 people from all resorts, on and off site, as well as locals.

The Signature restaurants want diners dressed in 'business casual' attire, but won't turn away anyone.

I would guess the number of guests dining at Victoria & Albert's - the only restaurant with the mandatory dress code described and quoted - and staying at the Polynesian, Contemporary, or Bay Lake Towers any given night is too small for it to be cost-effective to operate the monorail to return these guests to those three resorts.

The dining room has a maximum capacity of 65, and the Chef's Table up to 75. That's no more than 150 people from all resorts, on and off site, as well as locals.

The Signature restaurants want diners dressed in 'business casual' attire, but won't turn away anyone.

But for the guests it DOES affect, I'm pretty sure they won't care that they are in the minority.

I really don't think it is good business sense to upset your high end clientel.Please also remember those that are staying at the other deluxes that may wish to eat at california grill, ohana etc! Lets get real,these resorts are primo bucks and a cutback in service such as this one will have a very negative effect!

Absolutely.
The guest still has choices, most notably adapt.
The resort launch (which will be operating between the GF and the Polynesian throughout park hours).
A $4 to $7 cab ride.
Personal vehicle.
Who knows - it's possible the three properties will use their respective vans.

Guests dining at California Grill, 'Ohana, etc., don't fall into the extremely narrow category described in post 1485.

Primo bucks is relative, given the availability of discounts; the level or cost of a hotel where one stays isn't evidence of whether they're high-end, low-end, or something between (plenty of well-off people stay in Value resorts, plenty of once-in-a-lifetime visitors splurge beyond their means); and we've been in a recession for several years.
People understand cutbacks, especially small inconveniences.

I really don't think it is good business sense to upset your high end clientel.Please also remember those that are staying at the other deluxes that may wish to eat at california grill, ohana etc! Lets get real,these resorts are primo bucks and a cutback in service such as this one will have a very negative effect!

I'm not too sure it will have that much of an effect. Anyone who is not staying at anyone of the Monorail resorts will have to catch a bus regardless. The only people this is going to hit are people staying at the monorail hotels that are not eating at their home hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter