• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mom & Son - The Last Time? An August TIW DR! 10/22 - I am Back. Updates x 8!

I am sitting at my desk eating breakfast right now and it DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THIS :sad2:

That waffle looks delicious :goodvibes

Ditto what Linda said. I should have not have read this post in the morning...I'm going to be hate-glaring at my own breakfast now. :lmao: That waffle is the BEST!

Love the B&W pics, too! Very cool.

I'm already missing my summer strawberries. The waffle looks so yummy & a healthier sweet treat! I think we better try those this time. ;) I love the peter pan's flight pic w/ the pop of green, great shot!

That waffle is amazing. I made waffles this week, even had nutella and didn't even think to recreate it. Not that mine would have tasted the same but I could dream ....

Go with the craving!!! :) I actually would pick VN over Narcoosees. I love the pizza at VN as well. We didn't fit in VN this trip but definitely looking forward to December. At least you know that they make their zeppoles fresh seeing as how the ricotta cheese decided to come back. :lmao:

I love those nutella and fruit waffles. Another thing on my list that I planned to have last trip and failed.

Ohhh I love your B&W photo at PPF with the splash of color for the gator. Marvelous!

I had to go with the craving. It was so strong we would not have enjoyed Narcoossees. Looking forward to VN in December!

Thanks for the nice comments on the pics. I made a B&W photobook for this trp. I really like the way it came out.

Lunch was to be at a place that has been on our "never again" list. San Angel Inn. I guess it still is because we cancelled and ended up at

We both started with the soup of the day which has always been tomato when we have been there ...

We both love this soup. I had asked Disney a few years ago for the recipe and was emailed very nicely that it is one that is not given out. My guess is that could mean it is out of a box/can but I have yet to find it.

Andrew had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich - grilled chicken breast topped with shaved ham and Swiss cheese served on a flour-dusted Kaiser $12.49

He has had it before and was not disappointed. It is simple but good. At this point of the trip, we needed simple and less heavy. I went with the
Plaza Club - smoked ham, turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise layered on toasted multi-grain bread $11.49

This was really good. Light, fresh. Perfect for this point in the trip.

And once again, we left the Plaza with no dessert. We have yet to have ice cream here.

Side note, our server (who's name I cannot remember) was super good. We have had less than stellar service here. We were talking and he commented on when he was working at Narcoossees. What the heck do you have to do to get demoted from Narcoossees to lunch at The Plaza?! Seriously may just be a normal rotation but what a drop in tip income for the guy!

All in all another very solid meal at The Plaza.

Lunch was to be at a place that has been on our "never again" list. San Angel Inn. I guess it still is because we cancelled and ended up at

We both started with the soup of the day which has always been tomato when we have been there ...

We both love this soup. I had asked Disney a few years ago for the recipe and was emailed very nicely that it is one that is not given out. My guess is that could mean it is out of a box/can but I have yet to find it.

Andrew had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich - grilled chicken breast topped with shaved ham and Swiss cheese served on a flour-dusted Kaiser $12.49

He has had it before and was not disappointed. It is simple but good. At this point of the trip, we needed simple and less heavy. I went with the
Plaza Club - smoked ham, turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise layered on toasted multi-grain bread $11.49

This was really good. Light, fresh. Perfect for this point in the trip.

And once again, we left the Plaza with no dessert. We have yet to have ice cream here.

Side note, our server (who's name I cannot remember) was super good. We have had less than stellar service here. We were talking and he commented on when he was working at Narcoossees. What the heck do you have to do to get demoted from Narcoossees to lunch at The Plaza?! Seriously may just be a normal rotation but what a drop in tip income for the guy!

All in all another very solid meal at The Plaza.

OP, I've been enjoying your review! The grilled chicken sandwich looks yummy : )

Confession time...The Plaza is on my "Wish (we could somehow squeeze it in) List" for December. I haven't been there since 2006, and for the life of me I don't know why??? :confused3 I had planned to go there on our last trip in March, but then the kids talked me into trying Tony's instead...and you know how that went. :sad2: Anyway, your lunch review reminded me how much I wanted to eat there again. But, alas, I see no weak links in our chain of dining choices for December...I want to keep them all! :p

Plaza Restaurant is one of my favorites!!! We actually ate there twice last trip. :) Unlike you, we always make room for dessert. ha ha!

Your sandwich look pretty delish. :thumbsup2 Those fries are the best at MK or anywhere in WDW for me so I never go with the chips - it's always the fries.

Wow! I agree, what did that server do to get moved to Plaza Restaurant. Can't believe he would volunteer for that unless he likes wearing turn of the century period costumes instead of a shirt and tie? :confused3

Again, love your B&W photo. Very creative.

I agree, the fries (or chips as I call them!) at the Plaza are the best at WDW :) When you think about it, the Plaza doesn't cost too much more than a regular counter service place and it's so much nicer to be able to take a break in the air-con and be served at your table :)

all of your reviews and photos are amazing...thanks so much for taking the time to do this..

I love especially the Pizza and spaghetti meals...YUM just looking at it..

thanks again

OP, I've been enjoying your review! The grilled chicken sandwich looks yummy : )

Thank you!

Confession time...The Plaza is on my "Wish (we could somehow squeeze it in) List" for December. I haven't been there since 2006, and for the life of me I don't know why??? :confused3 I had planned to go there on our last trip in March, but then the kids talked me into trying Tony's instead...and you know how that went. :sad2: Anyway, your lunch review reminded me how much I wanted to eat there again. But, alas, I see no weak links in our chain of dining choices for December...I want to keep them all! :p

Agreed. Too many places to eat & not enough days. I admit I am looking forward to LTT more than I would want to eat at The Plaza but that is probably because we made it there in August.

Plaza Restaurant is one of my favorites!!! We actually ate there twice last trip. :) Unlike you, we always make room for dessert. ha ha!

Your sandwich look pretty delish. :thumbsup2 Those fries are the best at MK or anywhere in WDW for me so I never go with the chips - it's always the fries.

Wow! I agree, what did that server do to get moved to Plaza Restaurant. Can't believe he would volunteer for that unless he likes wearing turn of the century period costumes instead of a shirt and tie? :confused3

Again, love your B&W photo. Very creative.

Right? I have thought about the server quite a bit. The fries are good and someday I will have that ice cream.

I agree, the fries (or chips as I call them!) at the Plaza are the best at WDW :) When you think about it, the Plaza doesn't cost too much more than a regular counter service place and it's so much nicer to be able to take a break in the air-con and be served at your table :)

Completely agree. Well worth it to eat at The Plaza than deal with the QS options in the MK!

all of your reviews and photos are amazing...thanks so much for taking the time to do this..

I love especially the Pizza and spaghetti meals...YUM just looking at it..

thanks again

Thank you so much! Hope to get another review up tomorrow!

Several wonderful updates while I was visiting another Disney!

I LOVE Via Nappoli!! And yes, reservations are becoming harder and harder to obtain there as people realize how wonderful it is!!

That Waffle! Oh my Goodness! I plan to have that at least once, maybe twice this month! I tried recreating it here with Eggo waffles (the thick ones) as I don't have a waffle maker and it wasn't even close to the same!

The Plaza is a good solid lunch meal. Good Food, reasonable prices! Not a place I run and grab an ADR far in advance for though.

LOVE your B&W photos! They are amazing!

Dinner was at what has become one of our favorite Disney restaurants -

Ironically the first time we ate at Y&Y was our first Mom & Son trip and it was our worst meal. Something made me give it a 2nd try on the next trip and we have gone every trip since.

I started with the green apple sake -

This is so refreshing. Nice and cold and just like biting into crisp granny smith apple

For starters, we shared

The potstickers

And crispy green beans

Both were delicious. We especially love the green beans.

Andrew always gets the ribs -

These are really good. Tender, flavorful and fall of the bone.

I had the steak and shrimp, minus the shrimp

When this came out, the shrimp skewers were on the plate. I don't like shrimp which is why I asked for them to be left off. I hate to waste the food. The food runner took them right away and then our waiter came over offer a substitute ...

As much as I love broccoli, it is sure not an equal trade for shrimp!

But our meal was wonderful as always. The steak is so tender and flavorful.

Of course you cannot go to Y&Y and not get the wontons -

These are my #1 favorite dessert on property. I just love the warm wontons and the vanilla sauce. Andrew actually does not like them so they were all mine!

Somehow I once again cannot find the receipt. TIW is not accepted here but they do offer an AP discount. This was the only non-TIW restaurant we ate at because we just couldn't skip it even for the savings!

Ahhh, one of my favorite places at WDW!!! It's a not to be missed restaurant for us. I'm so glad we are going in December.

I'll say, not an even trade broccoli for shrimp... Hmmm let's see, broccoli is $1.99 a lb and shrimp is $14.99 per lb. :p

I have to fight Em for the wontons. Lucky you if Andrew's not a fan.

I'm with Andrew! No Wontons for me! They just weren't for me I guess!

I do like Y&Y, just not what I ordered last time lol. I also agree broccoli is not a fair trade for shrimp!

Count me in as another who doesn't get the wontons - that said mine were served stone cold when I tried them so I'm probably scarred for life ;)

Hi all. I am so sorry for the lack of updates. I have some serious life stuff going on right now that I don't feel comfortable posting on a public forum. I just haven't had the energy leftover for the Dis. I think things may be turning a corner so hopefully I will get back to finish this soon. I am late in to work tomorrow and Friday so maybe I can squeeze in an update before I go in.

And I am so far behind on everyone else's reviews. :mad:

I will get back in the Dis spirit ... just not quite there yet. :guilty:

Hi all. I am so sorry for the lack of updates. I have some serious life stuff going on right now that I don't feel comfortable posting on a public forum. I just haven't had the energy leftover for the Dis. I think things may be turning a corner so hopefully I will get back to finish this soon. I am late in to work tomorrow and Friday so maybe I can squeeze in an update before I go in.

And I am so far behind on everyone else's reviews. :mad:

I will get back in the Dis spirit ... just not quite there yet. :guilty:

Oh no! Good luck to you....hope everything gets back to normal soon.

Hi all. I am so sorry for the lack of updates. I have some serious life stuff going on right now that I don't feel comfortable posting on a public forum. I just haven't had the energy leftover for the Dis. I think things may be turning a corner so hopefully I will get back to finish this soon. I am late in to work tomorrow and Friday so maybe I can squeeze in an update before I go in. And I am so far behind on everyone else's reviews. :mad: I will get back in the Dis spirit ... just not quite there yet. :guilty:

Hope everything works itself out for you
If there is anything I can do to help - ever from afar! - you only have to ask xx

There's no apologies necessary! Sometimes our real lives get in the way of our DIS fun..... Hope things get better soon for you! :)

No worries on updating Vicki! Real life does take priority and I hope everything comes to a happy resolution soon! Take care of yourself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter