• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mom & Son - The Last Time? An August TIW DR! 10/22 - I am Back. Updates x 8!

Oh Vicki, I'm so sorry to hear that life has thrown you a nasty curve. :worried:

Although your DIS friends can't be there "in body", we are definitely there for you in spirit and giving you a collective :grouphug:

Thank you all! Knowing my Dis friends are out there is a nice feeling. I should have said that DH, Andrew and I are fine. Hospice has been called in for a family member and dear friends are going thru a horrible time. I am just feeling helpless. I know that when I am able to get back to Dis time it wi be cathartic for me to finish this!

Hugs to you all!

Okay - I am really late arriving here, but I couldn't just read all of your amazing reviews and not comment and let you know how much I was enjoying them! I love that you and your son have had all these great vacation experiences together - so special. I look forward to the rest of your reviews!

Hi all. I am so sorry for the lack of updates. I have some serious life stuff going on right now that I don't feel comfortable posting on a public forum. I just haven't had the energy leftover for the Dis. I think things may be turning a corner so hopefully I will get back to finish this soon. I am late in to work tomorrow and Friday so maybe I can squeeze in an update before I go in.

And I am so far behind on everyone else's reviews. :mad:

I will get back in the Dis spirit ... just not quite there yet. :guilty:

Thank you all! Knowing my Dis friends are out there is a nice feeling. I should have said that DH, Andrew and I are fine. Hospice has been called in for a family member and dear friends are going thru a horrible time. I am just feeling helpless. I know that when I am able to get back to Dis time it wi be cathartic for me to finish this!

Hugs to you all!

Vicki, I'm so sorry you're going thru some rough things right now. We've been riding the emotional roller coaster ourselves. You & your family will be in my prayers & I hope that you find some respite in your DIS time. I find it therapeutic at times!! Big hugs to you!!

Ok, so I am going to finish this up. Things are on a bit more even keel. I am mostly just going to post the pics and give my general comments on the meal. Not as much detail as I usual give, but at least it will get done!

So Saturday we originally were going to snack around DHS but somewhere along the line I wanted to go to

I will say that Andrew HATES this place and came along purely because he knew I really wanted to eat here.

Andrew had the onion rings and I had the warm cheese plate -

Both were very tasty. I had never had this cheese before and I really enjoyed it. The onion rings were perfectly hot & crispy and not at all greasy.

I had a creamsicle milk shake

This wasn't very orangey but still good

Andrew had chocolate

We shared the Mom's favorites -

We already split. You can see how not happy DS was. He wouldn't eat anything other than what is on that plate. I love, love, LOVED the collard greens and pot roast. Really would like to get the pot roast dinner with a side of the collards when we go in December!

No dessert since we had the shakes, but had to take this pic anyway ...

I enjoyed the meal. Andrew liked the shake and O-rings. Our server wasn't really into the schtick but that was Ok with us. The place was swamped busy!

At some point later we shared the pretzel dog -

I really liked it! But I love mustard which is a good thing because there was a lot of it!

Dinner was some place we both really wanted to try - especially with our Mob TV/pasta cravings this trip!

We shared the antipasti platter to start -

This was really good! I could see me having this as a meal for lunch. We both enjoyed the variety.

The bread was a focaccia -

Nothing to write home about. But the olives were really tasty!

Andrew had the carbonara -

This was AMAZING! Perfectly cooked pasta, sauce wasn't super rich. Very good

I decided to try something different. I don't remember the name but it was pasta with zucchini, burata and a mint pesto.

I am not sure why I had ordered this because I usually do not like mint. But this was delicious! The zucchini was perfect. It wasn't super minty. A really nice pasta dish.

We shared a cannoli for dessert -

Definitely tasty!

I had to take a pic of my tea bag -

Harney & Sons is near where we live. They have a tea tasting room that is so fun!

Andrew tried his first expresso and wasn't all that impressed.

We really loved our meal here. We had lunch on our first Mom & Son trip and hadn't made it back. I am very glad that we finally did!

We stopped for a couple of snacks to take back to the room ...

From Boardwalk Bakery - an éclair & chocolate chip Mickey Muffin

And my favorite Disney snack - a dark chocolate salted caramel

Lunch was again my choice - Tony's. Another that Andrew really does not care for, can you tell?

We started with the soup of the day which was minestrone

and the yummy zucchini fries -

We barely stared to eat when our entrees were brought out -

Spaghetti for Andrew and the Panini of the day for me.

We ate the zucchini but didn't put a dent in the soup. Our waitress was nice enough to take it off the bill.

Here's the inside of my Panini

I remember it being tasty. I think it was roast beef.

Dessert -

Cappucino for Andrew

And we shared the amaretto cheesecake and pistachio crème brulee ...

The cheesecake was not good. But the crème brulee was wonderful and really the main reason I wanted to eat here.

So again we ate at Tony's and it was just Ok. Not bad but not great. I am really not sure why I keep going back but I know that I will return.

Dinner was one of our favorite meals of the trip -

It is one of the few that I did not change from Day One. As much as I wanted to try it, I was nervous.

Andrew started with the flaming cheese -

This was amazingly good! But alas, not flamed at the table.

I had the pitas with greek spreads -

These were tasty but way too large of a portion for one person!

Andrew had the cinnamon chicken. I warned him that I didn't think he would like it ...

Mom does not always know best! He LOVED it. I admit, I did not try it.

I had the short rib with feta mashed potatoes

One of my favorite dishes ever in Disney. The meat was so tender, not at all fatty. Really a great dish.

I am a lover of Brussell Sprouts so I had to try them -

Our server initially forgot to put them in so we were done with our entrees when they came out. They were good but we didn't really want them at that point so we only ate a few. Again, he was nice enough to take them off the bill.

We shared the "donuts" for dessert -

These were a bit disappointing. The first few were really good while piping hot but then they were just meh

I am so glad that we didn't cancel this one. It is the #1 restaurant I want to bring Jay to when he and I (hopefully) being the "Mom & Dad" dining reports next year!

This was supposed to be our Illuminations Cruise that was cancelled due to lightning. So we just hung out in the Yacht Club lounge with Brenda, Em, DonaldDoleWhip & his Mom. It ended up being a really fun night!

Thanks, Brenda for treating us to our drinks!

Oh my gosh Vicki, you are on a roll!!!

Glad you at least liked the crème brulee at Tony's. It's starting to lose a little of its luster for us.

Now I see the delicious meal that you have raved about at Kouzzina. Makes me want to try dinner there sometime. Not next trip but maybe 2014.

I'm so glad that we were able to meet up for drinks even if the cruise was cancelled. Definitely the highlight of our day! :hug:

Welcome back! I needed someone to get me hungry ; ).

Your antipasti and pasta at Tutto looks awesome. I'm so addicted to Via Nappoli that entertaining anything else Italian In Disney seems like a sacrilege but that meal just converted me.

Umm and salted caramel one of my true Disney loves. Drooling to see what's next....

I'm sorry to hear that things are rough lately and I hope you start to feel more normal again soon. Thanks for sharing the reviews though! The fried cheese at 50s Prime Time is so good. I was just there last month, but I kinda feel the urge to go again now. Tutto Italia looks good! I should try it sometime.

Kouzzina's is probably my favorite restaurant at Disney, besides Earl! :thumbsup2 I am not a 'foodie' and never had any desire to go there until I went with friends. now it is a must do every trip. And actually my favorite is the cinnamon chicken! Can't wait to have it in 10 days! yum!

The problem with Disney is you have so many favorite restaurants that you feel you need to return to that you don't have time (or stomach room!) to try new ones!

I think Kouzzina sounds like such a great meal but yet with all the signatures we love its hard to make the room! I am hoping in May with it not being F&W we can fit more yummy meals in!

I've never tried Tony's as the reviews are always so/so. Maybe sometime! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter