MNSSHP-Tips, Tricks, Secrets newbies should know (from the 2009 party!)

Not sure if this has been posted already (I did not read the whole thread), but I was told by a CM yesterday that they may not allow 4 pm entry this year for MNSSHP ticket holders.

I was calling to switch my Pirate's League appt to a later one (5:20 & 5:30) and she said "Have you been to the party before?" I said yes. Then she said they were being told that there won't be a 4 pm entry this year and people will have to wait until 7 pm for party entry. Then later she said in her opinion she doesn't think they will necessarily enforce this in Sept when I'm going, but may be more stringent later in Oct when parties sell out.

Who knows what will happen for sure. Unless Disney comes out with this in writing, we may just have to wait and see what the partygoers report back for the first couple of parties.

I am now going to have to do the math and figure out which tickets I want. Based on that I'll decide to either purchase a park ticket that day to cover us (just in case), or take the $10/person hit on not cancelling our appt on time.

I haven't read the whole thread but this will our 6th or 7th year going????
Simple rule - wear a costume!
When else can you ride Pirates of the Caribbean dressed as a pirate?

Actually here'e a neat side item that we have done twice now and really gives you a good Halloween feel. Do the Haunted Carriage Ride at Fort Wilderness. I won't say another word about it else it will spoil it, but it's pretty cool at the end. :scared1:

I just went back to read a few more of the past posts; To each his own but less crowds are for sure my thing thus IMHO - go earlier in October. We always go during the Columbus Day weekend because I believe Florida kids don't get that Monday off but we do here in Virginia. Thus crowd levels are minimal. Last year we walked onto everything. Same applies for the Food & Wine Fest at Epcot.

I am so excited that my DW and I will get to go to this. We are going on Oct 21st. going to spend the day at MGM and night at MNSSHP. Also my wife birthday that day and mine is the day before. :cool1:

Does any one know when WDW might start announcing other special activities in October? I've seen in past years the resorts had special haunted pirate cruises for kids but haven't heard anything about them this year. Same thing with the haunted carriage rides at Ft Wilderness ... those are definitely done each year? How do you book it via the resort or the WDW-PLAY number? Thanks!!

Julie

I've been trying to read through the whole thread but there is a lot there! I've gotten quite a few tips and am pretty excited. I haven't bought the tickets yet, but we plan on going to the 9/21 party - first timers - yeah!!

I am sure this has been addressed in this thread, and I do apologize for the repeated question... but, how early can you get your MNSSHP bracelets?

After 4:00p you can start getting your MNSSHP bracelets.

**edited to add that this has been the case for the past 9 years but of course, Disney has the right to stop letting party goers in at 4:00p any time they want to. There are no guarantees until we see what happens at the first party.

but I was told by a CM yesterday that they may not allow 4 pm entry this year for MNSSHP ticket holders.

NO WAY!!! I so hope this isn't true! It's my ONE afternoon/evening at MK this trip :(

but I was told by a CM yesterday that they may not allow 4 pm entry this year for MNSSHP ticket holders.

NO WAY!!! I so hope this isn't true! It's my ONE afternoon/evening at MK this trip :(

The word to focus on is 'may'. The CM said 'may'. Rumors about the 4:00p entrance time going away comes up every year and true, that could happen.

With Disney there are no guarantees and seeing how entering at 4:00p is an unwritten and unofficial perk for party goers, it could end at at time. The only way to know for sure is after the first party.

However, they've been doing this for the past 9 years and they will cause major issues if they just up and stop with no warning and no change in 'entering the party' strategies. The gates will be totally INSANE at 7:00p. The only way I see them changing the 4:00p entrance time is if they go back to closing the park for an hour to clear it out and then letting party goers in at 7:00p.

Time will tell.

Okay...this thread was started in 2009...I WISH there was a new one for 2010, started fresh, for the new season MNSSHP.

Looking for folks to share their Oct 31 experiences with MNSSHP. I have been 2 times in Sept...but thinking of braving the 31st this time...

I've been trying to read through the whole thread but there is a lot there! I've gotten quite a few tips and am pretty excited. I haven't bought the tickets yet, but we plan on going to the 9/21 party - first timers - yeah!!

we are first timers too-- this is our party night- cant wait

i've been there twice, in 2007 and 2009 for my actual birthday. this year they dont have it on my birthday and it's cheaper to go before anyway. the good thing is that we can go twice, actually more than that, but twice is enough money. That will be fun, with going twice I dont feel like i have to do it all.
Last year we stood in line from 6:00-7:00 to get our picture with Snow White and the seven dwarfs. Although it's an awesome pic it felt like a waste of time. I did go off and leave DH in line while i got pics w/ 2 other characters. I hope they wear different costumes than last year. I also hope they give better candy. Last year it was too crowded to ride Haunted Mansion so maybe this year. We're eating at Diamond Horseshoe before the party starts. What is a good costume for September weather? We've always been too hot in our pirate garb, atleast til later. :upsidedow

i've been there twice, in 2007 and 2009 for my actual birthday. this year they dont have it on my birthday and it's cheaper to go before anyway. the good thing is that we can go twice, actually more than that, but twice is enough money. That will be fun, with going twice I dont feel like i have to do it all.
Last year we stood in line from 6:00-7:00 to get our picture with Snow White and the seven dwarfs. Although it's an awesome pic it felt like a waste of time. I did go off and leave DH in line while i got pics w/ 2 other characters. I hope they wear different costumes than last year. I also hope they give better candy. Last year it was too crowded to ride Haunted Mansion so maybe this year. We're eating at Diamond Horseshoe before the party starts. What is a good costume for September weather? We've always been too hot in our pirate garb, atleast til later. :upsidedow

You actually probably stood in line until 7:30. For some insane reason, Snow and the Dwarfs didn't come out until 30 minutes after the party started. What a waste of party time that was! That said, we got some great pictures, and I'm glad we did it.

You actually probably stood in line until 7:30. For some insane reason, Snow and the Dwarfs didn't come out until 30 minutes after the party started. What a waste of party time that was! That said, we got some great pictures, and I'm glad we did it.

SW and the 7D are a must do for us when we go in Sept. We are definitely keeping our eye out for all the info we can from the 1st few parties so we can plan a bit for our two nights.

My first MNSSHP was on Halloween 2008 and I don't remember it being super crowded. It was my first time ever at Disney so I didn't know how early people start lining up for the parade, but I was still able to get a pretty decent spot anyway. So it couldn't have been that bad.

I didn't dress in a costume though, but I'm definitely wearing a costume this year even though we can't go on the actual day of Halloween. I really wanted to dress as Waldo and have my DH take pictures of me standing in crowds but I had to give up on that one because of the long sleeves. Right now it looks like I may dress as Peter Pan instead. I thought about Tinkerbell but I don't know that I want to mess with having wings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter