MK very crowded tonight, but hey let's close at 11:00

Judging by current wait times it seems like a usual day. Later it gets the more people will go home

2.5 hours for Mine Train and 60 minutes for Buzz, OK, normal LOL

95% of all schools in the country are out now - I would just be glad it's not verging on a 9. And it's not like the higher-ups can look at MK at 7:30 pm and say, "Gosh, it's more crowded than we'd planned. Better stay open two or three hours later. Get in touch with every single CM and let them know that they're staying for hours later than planned."

I've seen much longer waits for Mine Train and Buzz in October.

We were there today and it certainly was crowded, much more so than Tuesday, but we were able to get a lot done. We left at 8 due to over exhausted kiddos

I'm shocked people still consider this a normal family vacation. I'm not blaming anyone. I'm just saying - we've been there and done it to the point where now we love Disney from afar a bit more than we used to. The crowds are (in our opinion) so much worse than they were in 2003 (a memorable time there for us as we honeymooned). Good for Disney as they are a business and their job is to make money but, for us, so much work is not a vacation. Waiting in line all day in blazing heat and humidity is not a "vacation" for us. Just OUR take. I'm just saying this because it's hard for me to go accepting a 2.5 hour line for a ride is "normal" (which I know it is...... nowadays).

And it's not like the higher-ups can look at MK at 7:30 pm and say, "Gosh, it's more crowded than we'd planned. Better stay open two or three hours later. Get in touch with every single CM and let them know that they're staying for hours later than planned."

Well, they sort of can, if they want to pay a bunch of overtime and possibly 'double-back' pay for the next day depending on length of time between shifts. And there's a minimum time notice they have to give CMs whose shifts are being force-extended, and they have to let CMs who need to make arrangements for stuff outside of work make phone calls to do so. But if it really needs to be done, they can do it.

But today at MK was a pretty average day. I was there most of the afternoon and evening and it wasn't terrible at all, even after the rain stopped and people came back.

95% of all schools in the country are out now - I would just be glad it's not verging on a 9. And it's not like the higher-ups can look at MK at 7:30 pm and say, "Gosh, it's more crowded than we'd planned. Better stay open two or three hours later. Get in touch with every single CM and let them know that they're staying for hours later than planned."

I've seen much longer waits for Mine Train and Buzz in October.

You should check your facts before you sarcastically say things can't be done.

They have hotel booking information. They have FP reservation information. MM+ is all about big data, right? They knew it was going to be really busy.
And every day until late August will be similar or worse...

You should check your facts before you sarcastically say things can't be done.

I never said it was impossible. Sure, if they pay for it, anything can get done. But will they? No, of course not. We're talking about a crowd level of about 7 with typical wait times for this time of year, so it's ridiculous to consider it. If they extended hours every time that happened, they'd never close.

After years of staying open until midnight (at least) during the summer, there is NOTHING in the data that Disney has that would suggest an 11 o'clock closing should be well received by the customer base. Nor, despite Shanghai, is it something that is necessary financially. Plain and simple, Disney thought the After Hours event was going to take off and most, if not all, of these 11 o'clock closings were set to accommodate that. When that experiment failed, Disney decided not to extend the hours for whatever reason (maybe pride, maybe i'll show you).

The going in June and expecting low crowds is the actual joke. It's on you and the mighty Disney bean counters thank you.

Are your kids moving to Mars? Why wouldn't you go back with them when you have grand kids with them. Really none of my business though.

I was not expecting low crowds, rock star. Correct, none of your business.

I think it is great it was 11, looks like 4th of July is still 10pm (and 9am). Last year it opened earlier and closed later. Of course there is still time for that to change (although last year the hours did not change between now and then). At this point 11pm would be a plus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter