MK Rainy Day Parade?

It's been in place for a number of years. Celebrate a Dream Come True had this as a rain contingency. All the performers are backstage and ready for the parade, so they are sent out after it's determined the actual parade is canceled.

Nice, might as well with everyone there! Guess I've had he good fortune to not have a rained out parade viewing, though this seems just as good

I saw the rainy day parade maybe 3 years ago. It was so cute! Just a short parade with them in yellow coats and a few characters in rain outfits. We caught it right in front of the castle.

Saw this today. Is this something new? Or has it been around and I've just never been able to catch it. I think it's a great idea. People sometimes pick their spots hours before the parade only to be rained out and waste a few hours on their passes.

Not new but very rare.. I've only seen it once..

Back story is one christmas it was horrible rain and not expected to clear up so everything was going to get canceled that was outside and unsafe for performers. I forget who made the call but someone said "we can't have nothing special on christmas (paraphrased)" and they came up with putting the characters in the main street vehicles so they would stay dry and the performers in rain coats. They found a sound track and with no plan they just played the music and went for it...

It's basically still the same now with some minor improvements to be a little more organized... Time to time there is enough rain in the forecast that they pull it out.

They also do it in place of the move it shake it dance party sometimes too. We saw it in May around dinner time (5 or 6 pm) after an incredibly rainy day at MK. The MSEP actually wound up going on that night but was delayed 30 min to allow the pavement to dry more. It was a nice thing to see but hopefully never again (since it means the parade is cancelled)

I saw the Rainy Day Parade quite a number of years ago, maybe 8-10. It is a fun time during a rainy day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter