• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK EVENTS SOLD OUT ..... 2017 Complimentary Events - Membership Magic Ever After

I'm so sad....I'm usually so on top of things. planned a quick trip the weekend of Feb 24 - 26. Just today noted the MK event the night of the 24th which would have been perfect as we have no park tickets that day and get in in the early evening. And there is no waitlist for the event...If anyone here has tickets and decides not to use them please let me know maybe we can take your reservation.

I'm so sad....I'm usually so on top of things. planned a quick trip the weekend of Feb 24 - 26. Just today noted the MK event the night of the 24th which would have been perfect as we have no park tickets that day and get in in the early evening. And there is no waitlist for the event...If anyone here has tickets and decides not to use them please let me know maybe we can take your reservation.
I am pretty sure we will not be using ours for that night. I will hold on to them until you find out how you can have them. I have a reservation for 6.

Anyone know approximately how many people they let in the after-hours event at MK? Just curious... TIA

Does anyone know how long it was before the MK dates sold out? (Wondering if it is a matter of hours or days)

If you are staying on-site, your guests have to be staying with you. If you are staying off-site, you are limited to 5 additional guests.

It doesn't effect me but this doesn't seem fair. So if someone stays onsite and their family is in another room parents, siblings etc. they cannot go to the dvc moonlight. But if you are staying off site they will be allowed to go because you can bring 5 guests.
Doesn't seem right to me.

I contacted DVC guest services and was told they have no information other than what's online and that we need to check back for information. You would think they would have some idea...
Obviously, the group that organizes the event is not sharing that information with Member Services at this time.

I lucked out... finally... that my trip was booked and then the MK events were announced. I'm going on March 3rd! As it's sold out - does anyone know approximately how many people they allow to register?

I'm looking forward to it!
Me too! We had our trip booked since June. I was so excited when I heard about this and that we would be onsite on 3/3. Excited!

It doesn't effect me but this doesn't seem fair. So if someone stays onsite and their family is in another room parents, siblings etc. they cannot go to the dvc moonlight. But if you are staying off site they will be allowed to go because you can bring 5 guests.
Doesn't seem right to me.

Not exactly. Any one, whether onsite or off, can bring the 5 guests. But if for example you have one of the larger villas like a GV or a 2BR then you are allowed to bring up to the number of people staying in the room.

I don't know if it's exactly fair to bring something like two 2BR villas full of people to the event so what they do seems as appropriate as anything. And each member can bring up to 5 guests so a couple who are both on the membership could bring up to 10 guests I believe. That's very generous of DVC IMO.

Obviously, the group that organizes the event is not sharing that information with Member Services at this time.

I read that for another event, those with reservations in a Disney hotel do get a few days preference over those who aren't staying on property. I am just hoping we can get in - we missed the party last year it filled up quick!

I read that for another event, those with reservations in a Disney hotel do get a few days preference over those who aren't staying on property. I am just hoping we can get in - we missed the party last year it filled up quick!

I'm staying ON property in March and I was able to make reservations, I believe, it was 3 days earlier than those staying off.

It took just over a month for the upcoming MK events to book out. Booking began 12/1 for those with a reservation and opened just under a week later for those without.

It took just over a month for the upcoming MK events to book out. Booking began 12/1 for those with a reservation and opened just under a week later for those without.

Last years MK events and at least the AK event also took time to fill.

Didn't know that, thanks for posting

Wondering how many guests they actually do let into the TL parties. Asked MS when I had to call today, they had no idea btw.

Wondering how many guests they actually do let into the TL parties. Asked MS when I had to call today, they had no idea btw.
The previous TL events were restricted to those with a room reservation (didn't have to be on points).

The previous TL events were restricted to those with a room reservation (didn't have to be on points).

Yes, unfortunately, the 'pool' of DVC'rs is now dramatically increased both by them lifting the restriction and word getting out.

The only one that filled up in a matter of days last year, as far as I know, was the one in California.

I am pretty sure we will not be using ours for that night. I will hold on to them until you find out how you can have them. I have a reservation for 6.

Post here if you figure out a way to do this. I have a reservation for March 3 for 6 people that I am not going to use. When I tried to follow the link to cancel it, I couldn't. So if I have to call them anyway, I'd be willing to do a 3-way call if that will work to transfer to someone who can use it, especially if MS is not keeping a waiting list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter