Missy's Reviews Pt. 1

Rafikifan

DIS Veteran
I normally write my dining reports all at once but due to this hectic time of the year it's just not happening so I've decided to just post them here and there when I can. They are in no particular order so bear with me.

This was a bit fo a different trip since it consisted of 8 of us dining at various times in various groups. It was
me - DW 42
Dh - 45
DD - 17
DD's best friend - 18
ds - 14
ds - 12

and mid way through our trip we were joined by my best friend -42 and her dd -17

Chef Mickey's - 6 of us the first night of our trip. We have been several times in the past but missed it the last couple of years so we wanted to do it again. I've read a lot of negative reviews lately. Yes, it is overpriced for what you get compared to restaurants at home. But it's still a kick to see the little kids light up when they see the characters. I liked that they had 2 seperate roasts, one well done and the other medium rare. We like medium rare. It was a little fatty but tasty and tender and I just cut around the fat. Parmesan mashed potatoes were still good. The peel and eat shrimp were good and coming from Louisiana we are picky and many times they are overcooked and therefor rubbery at buffets but this was not the case on that night. We were seated right away at 6:30 but they were telling people there would be an hour wait when we were leaving which was odd since there were plenty of empty tables. We won't rush back but if we ever go with little ones in our group we will go back for sure.

Sci - Fi Drive-in - The "original 6 of us" for lunch at 1:20. We have had ADR's here in the past but never have been able to keep them for some reason or another. We were glad that we did this time. Atmosphere was cute. We all enjoyed it. The girl's ordered spinach dip which was good. We all had cheeseburgers and they were much better than I expected. Very juicy and flavorful. Also, HUGE. We had great service as well. We give it an "A".

Casey's Corner - The kids ate here and gave the hot dogs a big thumbs up. They would have preferred to sit outside and didn't care too much for the indoor seating but it was crowded.

El Pirata e el Pericho(sp?) - AKA the place that adjoins Pecos Bill's. I wasn't in the mood for burgers and even though I have read less than stellar things about this place I thought a taco salad sounded good. I wasn't impressed with the looks of my taco salad shell with just beef in it but once I dressed it up at the toppings bar I found it was quite yummy. DH liked his tacos as well.

There is a trend here that will continue. We ended up dining at places I didn't have planned even though the reviews aren't always so great and wound up pleasantly surprised. Just goes to show you never know until you try for yourself.

Much more to come.....

Good start. Looking forward to the rest! I think part of the reason these under rated places turn out pretty good is we keep our expectations low.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter