• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Missing narrators - candlelight processional

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
Any idea when Disney might announce the complete list of candlelight processional narrators? I have always gone when I knew who the narrator is but this year i am going on a TBA date. How long does it usually take Disney to fill in the spots?

We also have plans for a night that currently has no narrator listed and am wondering the same thing. Is it common for there to still be empty slots as we head into October?

Any idea when Disney might announce the complete list of candlelight processional narrators? I have always gone when I knew who the narrator is but this year i am going on a TBA date. How long does it usually take Disney to fill in the spots?

We also have plans for a night that currently has no narrator listed and am wondering the same thing. Is it common for there to still be empty slots as we head into October?

It could be tomorrow, it could be as late as the day before. Until Disney books the narrator, there's just no way of knowing.

And, yes, it is common for there to still be empty slots going into October.

I went last December at the beginning of the month and some were not filled until the last month.

Yes, it's common. It won't change until they know they have somebody. It might not be until a couple of weeks before the show. They've also had previously signed narrators drop out for various reasons, and had to sign someone else.

We are scheduled to go on Sat Dec 10 and are anxiously awaiting to see who the narrator is. I'm really hoping that it's Gary Sinise...that would be an awesome early Christmas gift!!!

I, too, am anxiously waiting to see who the narrators will be from December 4-12 even though we will enjoy it tremendously no matter who they are. The less popular ones make it much easier to get a seat. I refuse to wait in that line from noon to get a seat in the theater for someone like NPH. It's almost as good standing outside or sitting at the tables outside the American Adventure pavilion. :)

I am also curious who the narrators will be for the nights we will be there. Does anyone know, are earlier or later shows easier to get into (ie less crowded) as we aren't doing the dining package. Not knowing who the narrators will be makes me a bit nervous as I have heard some draw huge crowds.

I'm seeing the show on Christmas and I've been wondering the same thing. I'm also seeing it a night that already has a narrator. Is it harder for Disney to find a narrator for the Christmas holiday?

I am also curious who the narrators will be for the nights we will be there. Does anyone know, are earlier or later shows easier to get into (ie less crowded) as we aren't doing the dining package.

That depends on who is reading that night, and on which date.

Just no way to know.

If you want to get INTO the theater, I recommend that you arrive 2 hours or more before the first show and wait.
(Some guests show up as early as noon or 1PM for the 5PM show.)

It depends on, well, EVERYTHING as to when to arrive.

I am also curious who the narrators will be for the nights we will be there. Does anyone know, are earlier or later shows easier to get into (ie less crowded) as we aren't doing the dining package. Not knowing who the narrators will be makes me a bit nervous as I have heard some draw huge crowds.
There's no way to be really sure. Both the big draw name narrators are already booked...Whoopi and NPH. I doubt you'll get anyone more popular than those two! As far as which show to get in line for, Robo is correct...get in line, two hours prior to the start of the first show. Then wait. I've actually seen people in the standby line at noon!!! They had one of those folding chair/cane thingies and a book!! There is no way I'm spending that much time waiting in a line to see anyone!!! You should be able to stand outside the theatre and watch...worst case scenario is you're four rows of people back, but you'll still hear it. Or, go over to the Liberty Inn and grab some food and sit and eat, while listening to the show. No, you really can't see anything, but the sound is good!

We have 2 night scheduled in mid-December and are still waiting for the narrators to be named......:(

Still waiting for the December 4-12 narrators to be named. It seems much later than usual for the list be confirmed. :(

There's no way to be really sure. Both the big draw name narrators are already booked...Whoopi and NPH. I doubt you'll get anyone more popular than those two! As far as which show to get in line for, Robo is correct...get in line, two hours prior to the start of the first show. Then wait. I've actually seen people in the standby line at noon!!! They had one of those folding chair/cane thingies and a book!! There is no way I'm spending that much time waiting in a line to see anyone!!! You should be able to stand outside the theatre and watch...worst case scenario is you're four rows of people back, but you'll still hear it. Or, go over to the Liberty Inn and grab some food and sit and eat, while listening to the show. No, you really can't see anything, but the sound is good!

We often watch/listen from the Liberty Inn. For the less popular narrators, we have been able to walk into the theater after the people waiting in line have been seated. I agree that waiting in line for hours is not worth the time and effort.

Still waiting for the December 4-12 narrators to be named. It seems much later than usual for the list be confirmed. :(

I went that week last year and dates were open until the last month. Whoppi Goldberg was the first night I was there and I booked the package but the rest of the dates were open. On Thursday night, I walked into the Ana Gasenger show last minute and got a seat.

We are scheduled to go on Sat Dec 10 and are anxiously awaiting to see who the narrator is. I'm really hoping that it's Gary Sinise...that would be an awesome early Christmas gift!!!

We are scheduled on the 11th. I am anxiously waiting to see who our narrator is.

I went that week last year and dates were open until the last month. Whoppi Goldberg was the first night I was there and I booked the package but the rest of the dates were open. On Thursday night, I walked into the Ana Gasenger show last minute and got a seat.

I liked her. I had no idea who she was and needed to google her name.

The High School choirs have been selected to sing and have their scheduled dates
My daughter's choir is singing Nov. 30th with NPH as a narrator
good new for her, she's very excited
bad news for me, it means that I'll be in line for hours since I can't afford the packages. No biggiie, I've done it before. So if you guys are at Epcot that day come say Hi, I'll be the lady in the standby line since probably 11 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter