Military Ticket Offer - Questions and Latest Info

I don't think you'll have a problem. It appears to me that the "free" ticket is put in the system ( so you can't get two ) but the $99. additional tickets are not.

I know a bunch of you are going to tell me I'm wrong, but I'm giving my experience. DH ( retired with ID ) and I took our girls to WDW in January '09. He got a free ticket. We bought 4 more $99. passes.

I went to F&W with my girlfriends in Oct. I was ( again ) able to buy $99 passes for me and my 2 friends using my dependent ID. They just looked at the ID when I got the vouchers, no one punched anything in. We paid ( each individually ) and took them to Epcot to get them validated.
You lucked out, whether their own or on the DD Form 1173. The first thing any ticket person is supposed to do when either selling or activating Military Salute Tickets is look in the system for the name and birth date of the service member as shown on the ID card. If there is a match you then have to see (a) whether or not the Complimentary ticket was issued, (b) how many Companion tickets were issued, and (c) how many MVMCP tickets were issued. A. cannot exceed 1, B cannot exceed 5, and C cannot exceed 6. The person selling the tickets may have looked at your SSAN and Birthday and not that of the sponsor.

You lucked out, whether their own or on the DD Form 1173. The first thing any ticket person is supposed to do when either selling or activating Military Salute Tickets is look in the system for the name and birth date of the service member as shown on the ID card. If there is a match you then have to see (a) whether or not the Complimentary ticket was issued, (b) how many Companion tickets were issued, and (c) how many MVMCP tickets were issued. A. cannot exceed 1, B cannot exceed 5, and C cannot exceed 6. The person selling the tickets may have looked at your SSAN and Birthday and not that of the sponsor.

I think something has happened to the tracking system. We were just there. We went to the ticketing window at the MK gates to get MVMCP tickets Friday night. When we presented my husband's ID, the CM said he was not in the system and asked if we'd already gotten our Military Salute tickets. We said yes, back in May, that we'd gotten his free one and 3 companion tickets. She asked where we'd activated them and I told her DTD. She gave us the 6 MVMCP tickets we were purchasing. I asked her if we'd be able to get 2 more Military Salute tickets and she said, yes, that we could get 3 more. Apparently, she'd misunderstood me and only entered into the system that we'd gotten the free one and two companion tickets (I guess she heard total of 3, not 3 companion). I corrected her, but she said, "oh well, I just entered it as 3 total." So we said "great, whatever" and went on into the party.

The plot further thickened when we arrived at Epcot Sunday to get the rest of the tickets we needed for our trip. We had an older guy named Tony helping us and he did not understand what we wanted to do. CF, I really wished we were dealing with you! I was trading in 2 adult 1-day base tickets and 2 child 1-day base tickets on 3 Military Salute tickets and 1 Florida resident child 3-Day-Play ticket. It took him FOREVER to understand what we wanted and tried to charge us the full price for everything - $400+. Then I said, "No, I want to apply the value of THESE tickets to the new tickets." It further confused him that the 2 child tickets had the same name on them (my older child, from 2 different years' free dining packages) but we wanted different names on the tickets we were getting. He wound up issuing 4 Military Salute tickets, but then was confused and wanted to "upgrade" one of them to the Child Florida Resident 3-Day-Play ticket (why would we trade a 5-day ticket for a 3-day ticket that cost more?). It took us 45 minutes to get our tickets. We wound up getting all 4 Military Salute tickets -- he still didn't understand what we wanted and got permission from someone to give us an extra Military Salute ticket. I think he bridged the price on all of them, too -- the total for all 4 tickets with the trade-in was only $108. So, all in all, over 2 trips, we wound up with 1 free ticket and 7 companion tickets.

With the new MVMCP military discount, can you get a refund if you already purchased party tickets without a military discount? I've read rumors of people calling and being told that if they bring the tickets and military ID they can get refunded the difference. Anyone know if this is true?

We have already bought MVMCP tickets and would love to save $20 each on 5 of them if we could!

TIA!

With the new MVMCP military discount, can you get a refund if you already purchased party tickets without a military discount? I've read rumors of people calling and being told that if they bring the tickets and military ID they can get refunded the difference. Anyone know if this is true?

We have already bought MVMCP tickets and would love to save $20 each on 5 of them if we could!

TIA!

We are one of those families that emailed them about our tickets, they actually called me a few days later and gave us instructions and a code to give to the CM at GS.......we go next Thursday to the party!:cheer2:

The PP mentioned that they were given instructions and a code to give to the CM at the GS, what does GS stand for?

Also what was the e-mail address you sent your question through to?

We leave on Monday and are scheduled to attend MVMCP next Thursday the 3rd, I'd like to have the instructions for re-couping the difference in price printed before we go. TIA and Happy Thanksgiving!

The PP mentioned that they were given instructions and a code to give to the CM at the GS, what does GS stand for?

Also what was the e-mail address you sent your question through to?

We leave on Monday and are scheduled to attend MVMCP next Thursday the 3rd, I'd like to have the instructions for re-couping the difference in price printed before we go. TIA and Happy Thanksgiving!

GS= Guest Services

this is the form I used to email them

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/contact/

Duh..... GS (Guest services) I should have known that, I guess I am on Disney overload now that we are days away from going. Thanks.

I filled out the form and will see what they respond. Thanks again!

Dee

We are heading down on the 13th of December! This is the first time any of us have ever been to WDW! My father is retired military. I think my mom goofed/misunderstood these deals! She got the free ticket thinking she could use it to get in.

Isn't she wrong on this?

She did purchase the 5 companion tickets. Yea! We have 7 kids so our family actually needed 9 tickets!!! We were going to use the 5 companion tickets. I believe she will have to use one of them now?

Is this correct?

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best deal on purchasing 5 day tickets for the rest of my family? I think this is going to be a little more expensive than we had originally thought. We had hoped that my SIL could fly down on her frequent flier tickets and buy us 5 companion tickets. She is not going to be able it looks like. He mother has come down with Breast cancer and is going to have a mastectomy.

Any suggestions on discounted tickets?

Thanks so much for all of the help.
Michele :eek:

The Service Member (active or retired) must be present to activate the Free ticket.

A person with a DD1173 ID Card which indicates Spouse or Unremarried Widow in the Relationship field is able to activate the Companion tickets.

The only exception to the limit of five Companion tickets is if all members of the party, age 10 and older, have their own DD1173 tieing them to that sponsor. In that circumstance, the entire family can have Companion tickets. Since your father is retired, I will hazard a guess that you (and your children) are not DD1173-carrying dependents of him and so this will not work for you.

However, with her ID card your mother could go to the ITT/MWR office on base or to Shades of Green and purchase addition tickets at the noirmal military discounted rate. In this situation I would suggest that the Companion Tickets be used for those ten and older in the party and that any children ages 3-9 get their tickets at the regular military discounted price.

I just called and the cast member told me that the military discount is only available at the gate.

I was told that I can get a refund of the price difference, IF tickets are available.

Anyone know anything different?

The use time for these passes is winding down and I find myself with some unused days left. Does anyone know if I can apply the unused days to the purchase of a new, non-military pass?

I know folks have asked similar questions before (more about applying purchase price towards an AP) but don't rememebr this exact question being answered. Thanks for the help!

Try another guest services booth. Ask for manager if not, then go to another one if still trouble. For some reason, some of them just don't know about it. :confused3

Good luck! :cheer2:

None of the Military Salute Tickets can be extended to more than five days and they cannot be made No Expire.

The companion passes can be upgraded to a Florida Resident Seasonal Pass (if eligible) or to an Annual Pass or PAP. Two major howevers:

1. The effective date is the date of first use of the Military Salute Pass, so expiration is one year from that date. And,

2. There will be no price bridging. This means that you will only get credit for either $99, $124, or $149 (depnding on if you have zero, one, or two options) against the regular gate price of the pass you are upgrading to. The Complimentary Pass has a value of $0.00 for upgrade purposes; effectively it does not exist and you would be purchasing a new AP on the date of purchase.

Does it have to be an upgrade to an ap or can unused days be prorated for the purchase of another ticket type?

The only upgrade to an Armed Forces Salute Pass is adding hopping and/or WPF&M. The only way to add days or change the expiration is to go to an AP. (Note that if you added the WPF&M option and used any of those entries you can only upgrade to a PAP.)

I got very excited when I started reading this thread but then realized that this was from last year.
My sister is active military ..
Is disney offering discounted MVMCP tickets to the military like last year ???

I got very excited when I started reading this thread but then realized that this was from last year.
My sister is active military ..
Is disney offering discounted MVMCP tickets to the military like last year ???

Nothing has been released yet. Fingers crossed, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter