Military Ticket Offer - Questions and Latest Info

You should be able to buy the four tickets you haven't used, based on other people's experiences. The official story, I think, is that they all need to be purchased at one time, but Disney seems to be backing off this a bit. Have a backup plan just in case!

I was able to buy the last of our tickets in Sept. with my military spouse ID. We had purchased 4 in March and then I planned a girl's week and needed 1 more ticket. I purchased it at Epcot Guest Relations at the International Gateway entrance with no problem at all.

Can I purchase tickets for four of them using my military discount? Someone thought that all the tickets needed to be purchased on the same day. I have not seen anywhere that all the tickets must bee purchased on the same day.

As others have said, you may indeed be able to purchase the other four tickets, but the "official" info does state that a "one time purchase of up to five" companion tickets can be made. Here is the link to the officially posted details:

http://corporate.disney.go.com/news...rksandResorts/2008/010509_military_offer.html

From the experiences posted so far, I think you'll be able to get the tickets. But just be prepared in case you're denied, in which case you can buy the regular ones offered to the military at Shades of Green ("Stars and Stripes," I think they're called). Best of luck!

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

The rules have been changed. The only restriction right now is that a service member may purchase up to five Companion Tickets. There is no longer a requirement that all Companion Tickets be purchased at the same time.

And note that all the 2009 Armed Forces Salute tickets lose any remaining entitlements at 2359 hours on Wednesday, December 23, even if not used at all.

The rules have been changed. The only restriction right now is that a service member may purchase up to five Companion Tickets. There is no longer a requirement that all Companion Tickets be purchased at the same time.

I hadn't heard this, so after reading your post I went to the Disney World home page and did a search for "military," and then clicked on the link to the "free, multi-day" pass and read it. It still says "During this offer period, active or retired U.S. military personnel may also make a one-time purchase of up to a maximum of five 5-Day 'Disney's Armed Forces Salute Companion' tickets (one theme park per day) for $99 per ticket, plus tax, for family members (including spouse) or friends." (emphasis mine)

I don't doubt that the rule may have changed. But until Disney's web site reflects the change, I would still cross my fingers because you never know when a CM doesn't have the most current info.

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Thanks everyone for the quick response. I guess we'll just hope the CM we buy them from is one that will allow alternate day purchases. Other than that, I guess they will have to pay the full price, or probably go to SOG and get discounted tickets.

Greg

I hadn't heard this, so after reading your post I went to the Disney World home page and did a search for "military," and then clicked on the link to the "free, multi-day" pass and read it. It still says "During this offer period, active or retired U.S. military personnel may also make a one-time purchase of up to a maximum of five 5-Day 'Disney's Armed Forces Salute Companion' tickets (one theme park per day) for $99 per ticket, plus tax, for family members (including spouse) or friends." (emphasis mine)

I don't doubt that the rule may have changed. But until Disney's web site reflects the change, I would still cross my fingers because you never know when a CM doesn't have the most current info.

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)
The latest information in the official internal site is
Military Personnel can purchase 5-Day Disney’s Armed Forces Salute Companion tickets any time during the offer period for up to 5 family members and/or friends.
(bold and underline in the official internal post).

We go by what is on the internal site if it is less restrictive than what is on the public site. If the internal site is more restrictive I would have to have a manager discuss the situation with the Guest, and the decision would probably go in the Guest's favor.

I am active-duty Air Force and plan on buying the five companion tickets for my family members. 2 of them will be arriving a day after we get to WDW. My question is, will I be able to go to SOG and purchase all 5 tickets without the 2 of them there in person? I am just trying to do this to save some time and effort. Thanks in advance for any replies.

We bought five companion tickets at SoG on our last trip to DW, used four of them, and I was saving one of them for my upcoming trip over Thanksgiving. The ticket was activated at Guest Services at DD but never used. Any chance I can have it replaced? I'm betting the answer is no but thought I'd ask the experts here....so not happy. :-(

I am active-duty Air Force and plan on buying the five companion tickets for my family members. 2 of them will be arriving a day after we get to WDW. My question is, will I be able to go to SOG and purchase all 5 tickets without the 2 of them there in person? I am just trying to do this to save some time and effort. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Yes the only person that has to be there when they are purchased is miltiary member with military ID!

We bought five companion tickets at SoG on our last trip to DW, used four of them, and I was saving one of them for my upcoming trip over Thanksgiving. The ticket was activated at Guest Services at DD but never used. Any chance I can have it replaced? I'm betting the answer is no but thought I'd ask the experts here....so not happy. :-(

You might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in this Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.

Post and Contents

1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets
4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)
7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes
8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading an Unused Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes
15H. Upgrading a Completely Used Ticket
16. 2009 Free On Your Birthday Promotion
17. Information on Disney's Armed Forces Salute 2009
18. Prices Effective August 2, 2009

To get there directly, follow the link in my signature.

I will add that since they also have you by name in the database they can look up and trace the ticket by using your name. However, it is easiest if you have one or more of the used tickets with you.

Sorry to bump this back up to the top, but I have a question.

It just occured to me that we only got 3 of the 5 companion tickets (plus the free servicemember ticket) for our May trip, so we could get 2 more. We have existing 1-day tickets we were planning to upgrade to Florida Resident 3-Day-Play tickets. But hey :idea: the Military tickets are cheaper. Can I use my existing 1-day tickets at the gate to get to the current price (they are from 2007, I think) and then upgrade them to the Military Salute tickets? Or would it be easier to do it before we use them? I know that in general, you should use a ticket first before upgrading to get the current gate value, but I wasn't sure if there would be an issue with upgrading a used ticket to this special military ticket.

CF, hoping you'll weigh in on this and give me the scoop. Thanks! :goodvibes

If you have unused non-promotional tickets and wish to have them applied to the purchase of Companion Tickets, this may be done provided the value of the unused tickets is equal to or less than the value of the Companion Tickets being purchased or upgraded.

Thank you! I will check and see if we will be allowed to purchase these 2 additional MS tickets before we go through the gate. I'm glad I checked!

I saw on the DIS that now WDW is offering 5 discounted tickets to MVMCP in addition to the military MYW tickets. I looked for verification on Disneyworld.com but there is no mention of it. Has anyone been able to purchase the MVMCP for the discounted price with military ID?

We bought them on the 17th for the party that night. They were $36.40 and $32.20 but tax was added to them unlike the military park tickets. It was still a great discount.

The remaining days of the MVMCP are November 29 and December 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15 & 17.

Tickets are $36.40 Adult (plus tax) or $32.20 Ages 3-9 (Plus Tax). They are available at All Park (including water part and TTC) Ticket Windws or Guest Relations Offices (including DTD GRO). They are not available at SoG or on military bases.

Same basic rules as the Armed Forces Salute apply; with the service member present maximum of six tickets may be purchased but if the service member is not available the spouse may purchase up to five tickets.

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but this thread is 130+ pages long, and I must admit, I haven't been reading faithfully. My question is a little complicated, but I hope someone will have an answer.

My wife and I were at DW in September. I got my free PH pass and we bought one for my wife. She got pneumonia while we were there and we were only able to use one day of our passes, so we have 4 days left. We are going back to DW in December to use the last four days of our passes.

Now comes my question. We have some friends that are going to meet us there and will be staying for about 4 or 5 days. Can I purchase tickets for four of them using my military disount? Someone thought that all the tickets needed to be purchased on the same day. I have not seen anywhere that all the tickets must bee purchased on the same day.

Does anyone know for sure what the procedure is?

Greg

I don't think you'll have a problem. It appears to me that the "free" ticket is put in the system ( so you can't get two ) but the $99. additional tickets are not.

I know a bunch of you are going to tell me I'm wrong, but I'm giving my experience. DH ( retired with ID ) and I took our girls to WDW in January '09. He got a free ticket. We bought 4 more $99. passes.

I went to F&W with my girlfriends in Oct. I was ( again ) able to buy $99 passes for me and my 2 friends using my dependent ID. They just looked at the ID when I got the vouchers, no one punched anything in. We paid ( each individually ) and took them to Epcot to get them validated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter