• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Might be putting kitty down today...update post #18

I'm so sorry, this brings back memories of putting my own cat down years ago. So hard....

I'm so sorry. Saying goodbye to our beloved animals is so difficult. It's so much easier to find them, already gone.
I had to make that choice early in Jan. My brother just went through it last month. I still expect to see my cat stroll across the room!
Sending you hugs and good thoughts.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts, prayers and stories!
Last night Annie just looked awful. She was hanging her head looking unhappy. She wouldn't eat a thing even smelly tuna fish! She wouldn't drink either. I kept her on my bed on me all night. This morning she was so lethargic. I carried her to the litter box. She peed a bit but that was it. Her tummy was tense and she looked uncomfortable. I called the vet and they said come right on down. It took 3 needle sticks to get into a vein because despite the fluid last night she as so dehydrated. But during the needle sticks she never even stirred. I had her in my arms with my face in her fur as she was put to sleep.
Im absolutely gutted but I know it was the right decision and time.

Good bye my beloved Annie. My heart went with you. I'm so sorry we couldn't help you. You will remember and loved always.

You helped her for 10 years....you loved her

OP here.
thank you so much everyone for your kind words and memories of your past experiences. Wow, all this has taken the wind out of my sails temporarily!

I'm so sorry. Your story is similar to when we put our Muffin to sleep over 10 years ago.

I'm sorry. I can't imagine what you are going through. I don't know how I am going to be when my Calvin goes.
tigercat

I'm so sorry for you loss. I know how difficult this is. :hug:

I see many others here have lost furbabies recently. I'm sorry to see your news too. :hug:

Very sorry to hear about your Annie, Alberta bound. :hug:'s Just remember though.......

rbowx.gif
Rainbow Bridge
rbowx.gif

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.

Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...​

www.petloss.com

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

OP, I'm so sorry. Please know you did what your kitty needed when she needed it. :grouphug:

It's so hard when we have pets in the prime of their lives get sick like this. We lost 7 and 9 year old cats just a few months apart for completely unrelated sudden health issues. Give yourself some time and space to grieve.

Very sorry for your loss. We have 3 kitty furbabies and it will be devastating when their time comes. Prayers, hugs and thoughts for you and your family.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts, prayers and stories!
Last night Annie just looked awful. She was hanging her head looking unhappy. She wouldn't eat a thing even smelly tuna fish! She wouldn't drink either. I kept her on my bed on me all night. This morning she was so lethargic. I carried her to the litter box. She peed a bit but that was it. Her tummy was tense and she looked uncomfortable. I called the vet and they said come right on down. It took 3 needle sticks to get into a vein because despite the fluid last night she as so dehydrated. But during the needle sticks she never even stirred. I had her in my arms with my face in her fur as she was put to sleep.
Im absolutely gutted but I know it was the right decision and time.

Good bye my beloved Annie. My heart went with you. I'm so sorry we couldn't help you. You will be remembered and loved always.
I am so sorry to hear this.
Peaches%20Precious%205x7.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss. Some people will say..."they were just a cat". Don't listen to them. Your baby was YOUR baby not just a cat. Give yourself permission to grieve like you would over any other loss.

I was destroyed when we lost our cat "Dusty" just about 2 years ago. He filled something in me that I didn't even know I needed. I cried for months...sobbing. It was awful. One of the vets helped me to understand the magnitude of my grief. She said that often times cats will fulfill a need in us at the time they are with us and no one else can truly understand what we're feeling when we lose them.

We had gotten Dusty for our 19 year old son the Christmas after our son had just finished his Chemotherapy. Dusty was so much more to me than just a cat during this time. He loved me, he made me laugh, he sat in my lap and purred and I felt warm and fuzzy, He was so affectionate. What a guy. He was my therapy. He was only 2 years old when he died.

I know your loss and your pain...I am truly sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter