• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Midwest to ground all MD80's by the fall [MERGED]

I've noticed that when I go directly to Airtran's website & plug in my dates of travel I get 3 nonstops to MCO & 3 nonstops back to MKE. Now if I go to Kayak or Orbitz etc. It only gives me one nonstop to choose?:confused3
These extra 2 flights were added yesterday, but not showing up anywhere but Airtran's website?:confused3
Anyone know why?

Just a guess, but if they are brand new flights, AirTran itself would have the info out well before a 3rd party would. And I think most people here recommend booking directly with the airline.

I too am hoping I get my refund in the same billing cycle as the replacement tickets I bought. (I think I used the Disney Visa for both- need to check!). Plus yesterday I got a Disney Rewards mailing that gives me 5X Disney Dollars on airlines this month. Got signed up for that right away- the extra DD will almost make up for the extra airfare expense.:wizard:

Even if you get the credits after your billing cycle ends, those credits will count as "payment" for your amount due this month.

I know that at least Inkmahm has seen some (all?) of her refunds credited to the appropriate accounts.

Has anyone else seen them actually show up on your credit card accounts yet?

Just asking b/c I'm hoping that one of our refunds might show up before our billing cycle ends in a couple of days & it would be nice if the credit was there to offset the new flights we booked. But, I know Midwest is probably overloaded with refunds to process, so it could be a while.

If you did see a refund credited, can you post how long it took from the request until it showed up (approx)? Thanks.

(Our requests were made Sunday & Tuesday & nothing has shown up yet.)

I have nothing on my Disney VISA rewards. I called today and nothing has been posted since July 15, which is strange. I bought our AirTran tickets Wednesday, and we went to the WI Dells yesterday and I bought some tickets to a water park.

Thanks for the tip with AirTran Inkmam. I got tickets for round trip tickets. We are flying at out 3:55 on a Friday and will be at MCO by 7:00 p.m. No stops. Just on the way back, we have to wake up at 3 in the morning to drive back to Orlando to catch a 9:00 a.m. flight home.

Nothing here yet, either.

JSonline had a story about customers having trouble getting through to request a refund earlier in the week, and Randy Smith (from Midwest) said that 1,000 requests were processed Monday, and several hundred more were processed by late morning Tuesday.

So, I guess they are processing quite a few each day, but I'm not precisely clear about how they define processing. It could mean that they approved 1,000 refunds on Monday, but the refunds may still have to go through additional steps (like being sent to accounting to allocate $ to be credited back to the original form of payment). Or, maybe they are limiting how much cash they send out the door each day (maybe capping $ or numbers of refunds to be credited each day?).

I am glad to know that I'm not the only one waiting. When I read of some people getting the money back in 24-48 hours, I started to wonder if my refund had gotten lost in their system.

Hopefully they will start to show up for everyone soon, and we won't need to start a new thread about tracking down those refunds.....

I decided to check 1 more time after I posted (getting a little OCD here), and my refund that I requested on Sunday morning just showed up!
So I'm guessing that the itinerary I cancelled on Tuesday will show up in a couple of days -

Hopefully you guys will start to see them, too

Just checked and my refund is not there yet today either...but OF COURSE charges for as recent as yesterday are already there.

The big question is how they are processing the refunds. Are they doing simple credit card refunds and batching daily to their processor or are they compiling refunds for a periodic batch based on dollar amounts(or some other quantifier) before sending to their processor. Once they send to their processor, its only a matter of hours(or even minutes if its a direct Visa gateway vs overnight processor transmission) before it hits your account. Of course, anyway the cookie crumbles, we are at their mercy.

Oh well, back to :bored:

I just got my refund today. Now if Airtran would release their flight schedule for April/May 2009, I could make a decision on new airline tickets. Looks like I am always waiting for something......:surfweb:

My refund posted today.
Sort of worked out nice. I bought my new airline tickets Wednesday, the pending cleared on Saturday and the pending of my refunding posted today. So there should be no daily interest increase. Plus Disney VISA probably subtracted the 10 points from my rewards. They keep a close eye on credits.

I already got a credit from AirTran to use on future flights for our March trip that I rebooked after Midwest canceled our flights. I got $27 back for each of us for a total of $54 and all I had to do was call AirTran. If you rebooked with AirTran after canceling Midwest flights, go check the prices. You, too, may have a credit coming. So far I like AirTran, even if they DO change their schedule a bit too much.

I already got a credit from AirTran to use on future flights for our March trip that I rebooked after Midwest canceled our flights. I got $27 back for each of us for a total of $54 and all I had to do was call AirTran. If you rebooked with AirTran after canceling Midwest flights, go check the prices. You, too, may have a credit coming. So far I like AirTran, even if they DO change their schedule a bit too much.

I check my flights daily. You posted AirTran added new flights to their schedule. I was able to book non-stop flights:woohoo: . I just hope they keep that schedule now. I just don't like our flight home, but it was the best one that worked for us.

I check my flights daily. You posted AirTran added new flights to their schedule. I was able to book non-stop flights:woohoo: . I just hope they keep that schedule now. I just don't like our flight home, but it was the best one that worked for us.

It was my non stop flight TO Florida that was actually cheaper by $27 each yesterday. Did you check prices as well as to be sure your flight was still there?

We received our refund from Midwest this morning. The refund took 6 days to
process.

I hope everyone gets their refund soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter