Mid-June or early August?

CruisinPetey

Earning My Ears
Planning a trip for 2019 and having trouble deciding between mid-June when school lets out or the last week of August. Any pros/cons anyone is willing to share? Thanks! pirate:

Last week of August starting the 24th?

If so historically the crowds are lighter that week since a lot of schools are back in session.

Planning a trip for 2019 and having trouble deciding between mid-June when school lets out or the last week of August. Any pros/cons anyone is willing to share? Thanks! pirate:

Your post says last week of August but your title says ...
Mid-June or early August?

Oops you're right! I meant late August. The last week (25-31)

I think that makes a difference, around here (and we are spitting distance) our schools go back the second week of August. So some families are squeaking that last vacation in the first week but in full blown school mode the last week.

August should cost you less and be less crowded but it will also be hotter (not like June is cool) and deeper into high hurricane season. I have done a variety of August dates, I mostly avoid Disney in June and the post school rush.

June. Lots of northern schools still in session mid June. Aug is brutally hot. Plus, hurricanes seem to love mid- to late Aug.

I have done both -- last week in August in 2015 & 2016, and just got back from 5 days in mid-June. There's only a slight difference in the temperature, as both times we experienced high temps with high humidity, but the mornings in June were appreciably cooler, whereas in August it was already steamy at 8 am. We also experienced fewer rain storms in June, though that is likely hit or miss.

There is a definite difference in crowd level, with each day in August seeing fewer and fewer people in the parks.

I would say late August but that is the hurricanes favorite times to start churning.

We are here right now and came last year in august. I would come in August without a doubt. I cannot believe how crowded it is. I am waiting in line for the train right now....for 20 minutes...

You're not going to get 100%. Always something to deal with. Do what you feel is best for you. We've been the last week in August. Low crowds. Been the middle of August. Very hot. It depends on what you can handle. We're going in July of 2019. Never been in July. My DS is graduating HS next year along with our friends that we travel with. This is going to be their graduation gift. I know it's going to be hot, but we like the heat. We get it in New England every summer. To me, no difference. Take a lot of breaks, eat, and plenty of water. I look at it this way, it's better than shoveling snow in the cold winter with wind chills below zero!!!

We are here right now and came last year in august. I would come in August without a doubt. I cannot believe how crowded it is. I am waiting in line for the train right now....for 20 minutes...
20 minutes for the train!:crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter