• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Lets Talk Characters!

How do you get the one day memory maker- can you only buy it at the party the day of? Thanks

Plan to purchase it at any ticket booth, Guest Services, or your resort Concierge prior to the Party. It will be linked to your MDE in conjunction with your Party Ticket entitlement. Some photos get linked to your account by reading your MagicBand during the ride so it sounds like it's best to also have a MB.

Thanks and we do have MB so that should work- I am glad we can buy it early at our resort - don't want to waste party time lol!

Ok I got almost everyone I said I was and the party is barely done!

That's fantastic! :cheer2: When you can, could you please share your plan so we can get a sense of what's doable. I'm particularly interested in hearing how long you had to line up for the parade and where you saw it from. Glad it worked out so well for you!

That's fantastic! :cheer2: When you can, could you please share your plan so we can get a sense of what's doable. I'm particularly interested in hearing how long you had to line up for the parade and where you saw it from. Glad it worked out so well for you!

I lined up for the parade uh 15 minutes before it started and had a front row seat everyone said hi to me dopey grabbed my scarf and the soldiers were AMAZING to see.

My spot is right in front of the monorail station near the park entrance everyone is crowding main street but right there has huge open gaps and the parade comes right through there even the snow hits there...

The party was sold out today too apparently.

You can do everything and then some I got the dwarfs lined up at 6 and got out at 715. I'll write a huge long trip report later but I'll be happy to answer anyone's questions.

For a sold out event the crowds were very very manageable

Thank you! So good to hear. We have two young kids so were a bit concerned hearing all these negative stories about the crowds. Thanks for your quick reply.

No problem you can't imagine the look on your face when you see your kids light up from the parade ots excellent!

Remember like I said get there 15 to 20 mins early I felt bad I got such a good spot since people lined up for hours to see it!

I was also at last night's party and didn't know it was sold out until I was in line for dwarves. I was shocked bc this was supposed to be one of the better nights! Lots of CM's bc it was the last available night they could use their discount.
Apparently 5 min in the dwarves line makes a big difference. I got in line at 6:05 & didn't see them til 7:45. Huge difference from when I went to a party 4 yrs ago--that year, I got in line after Castle lighting ceremony at 6:25 & we were the 7th family to see dwarves.
So I stressed a bit when I heard it was sold out but that passed quickly--my recommendation is to be open with your plans, which is tough for us lurking on these boards & planning for months. My original plan was to see lots of characters but that turned out to be not so important to the kids once they saw the lines. So after dwarves, we got hot chocolate & cookies at Pinocchio then off to see the ducks bc they were important to us having never seen Scrooge before. In line at 8 and met them at 8:45. Kids rode barnstormer 3x & Dumbo once while I waited & they loved that there were no lines for them.
While in line, we heard Jack had waits of 2-3 hrs, then over 3 hrs.
Then we were off to see how other rides were--crazy waits for 7DMT & Peter Pan so off to buy party pins at Frontier Trading Post (no annual pass pin--was told sold out at 2nd party...how do they not plan enough for that?). No problem getting other pins. Went to Adventureland to show kids Aladdin & Abu and they didn't want to wait even though line didn't look bad--Abu was "creepy-looking". Peter Pan & Wendy line looked long & again, kids said let's pass. So off to watch fireworks--this time in front of Crystal Palace. Nt before watched Wishes in what I thought was perfect spot next to mailbox in front of ice cream parlor right at the front of the rope. The only thing we heard the whole time was CM's having to tell people that they couldn't stand in a walkway & some would blatantly ignore the poor girl so she would have to get a CM in a tie to help. Back to last nt--after Fireworks--which were fantastic, we went rt to Jingle Cruise with no wait. It was very cute. When we got off, there was a 25 min wait. Off to the hub, found a spot behind 2 other families but one had a stroller so easy to see over. I let the kids see the beginning of 10:05 Celebrate show & decide if we should stay for show or see how bad line was for Mary Poppins--stayed for show then stayed in that spot for second parade. I love those toy soldiers in the parade!
After parade, we tried to do Pirates but it was down, so we did Buzz twice. Second time, my son got 999999 so was absolutely thrilled! High point to end an evening so around 11:30, headed out after buying lollipops. Big line for bus so had to wait for a second one but didn't wait too long. Great night but that's bc I forced myself to be flexible!

For all of you who have been with kids and gone to the MVMCP,
1. How old are your children?
2. What did you do in the morning? Stay at resort? Another park?
3. My son is 6. He says he doesn't want a stroller, but I get so upset when I see these parents dragging their tired children around. I cannot carry him, so I'm thinking of having a stroller "just in case". We are going to the Dec 2 party, navigating the crowds with a Disney stroller? Good or bad idea?

Thanks!!

For all of you who have been with kids and gone to the MVMCP, 1. How old are your children? 2. What did you do in the morning? Stay at resort? Another park? 3. My son is 6. He says he doesn't want a stroller, but I get so upset when I see these parents dragging their tired children around. I cannot carry him, so I'm thinking of having a stroller "just in case". We are going to the Dec 2 party, navigating the crowds with a Disney stroller? Good or bad idea? Thanks!!
We did MNSSHP with DD6 and DS3 last month. We went to HS in the morning then took a nice long nap at the resort after lunch and before the party. We did have a double stroller with us (our own) which was not easy maneuvering down Main Street during the party, but there are plenty of stroller parking areas you could leave the stroller for the night, then pick it up when DS starts to get tired. My DD6 walked a good portion of our trip, but found her way into the stroller at the end of EVERY night and we were so glad to have it! I would definitely recommend taking it, even if you leave it parked for most of the night. There is parking right at Town Hall - you could drop it off when you enter the party and pick it back up at then end of the night if he doesn't tire before! Have fun!!!

We did MNSSHP with DD6 and DS3 last month. We went to HS in the morning then took a nice long nap at the resort after lunch and before the party. We did have a double stroller with us (our own) which was not easy maneuvering down Main Street during the party, but there are plenty of stroller parking areas you could leave the stroller for the night, then pick it up when DS starts to get tired. My DD6 walked a good portion of our trip, but found her way into the stroller at the end of EVERY night and we were so glad to have it! I would definitely recommend taking it, even if you leave it parked for most of the night. There is parking right at Town Hall - you could drop it off when you enter the party and pick it back up at then end of the night if he doesn't tire before! Have fun!!!
If I rent one from the park, can I leave it parked there until we need it? And can I do this at every park?

If I rent one from the park, can I leave it parked there until we need it? And can I do this at every park?

Definitely. It will most likely be moved by a CM at some point to fill empty space, but I've left mine for hours parked there, at the Tangled bathroom area, and in Animation courtyard at DHS. I'm not sure if there are "park manners/stroller etiquette" about how long one should leave a stroller parked (taking up space, as some stroller areas are small) - someone else may come along and tell you not to - but I've done it without issue.

Definitely. It will most likely be moved by a CM at some point to fill empty space, but I've left mine for hours parked there, at the Tangled bathroom area, and in Animation courtyard at DHS. I'm not sure if there are "park manners/stroller etiquette" about how long one should leave a stroller parked (taking up space, as some stroller areas are small) - someone else may come along and tell you not to - but I've done it without issue.
We have also left ours on the Tangled area for hours without issue. Sometimes it's moved, but I've never had a problem. However, I would definitely make sure you are leaving it in a large parking area (by Town Hall, the carousel or the Tangled rest rooms in MK, for example).

Yes, you can park it in a Stroller Parking area. Just don't leave it anywhere as someone may move it. Take bright ribbon or yarn to tie around the handles so you can easily find your stroller; they get rearranged in the Parking areas to make room for others.

I would suggest parking it in Tomorrowland or Fantasyland rather than in the front of the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter