• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Memory Maker??

kellyandmike

Earning My Ears
We will be at Disney for four days. Is the Memory maker worth it? Can you still just purchase a few pics like they used to do? Thanks

MM is worth it just for ride pictures. there are a lot of places that do magical shots and videos too. Tower of terror being one.

upload_2015-4-13_19-3-22.png

You can still purchase individual photos but depending on how many you buy it can get pricey. Whether it's worth it or not is such a personal thing. To give you an example- our family got Memory Maker and previously Photopass Plus on our last two trips. We wound up with over 400 photos per trip but that was for a week long vacation each time. We loved the ride photos and videos. I would suggest you get it if your family would want to purchase the ride photos and/or any character meal photos- if so and you are good with stopping often for photo opportunities then it's a good value.

As you take photos the photographer will scan your magicband/card. Ride photos are automatically picked up by your magicband in range or you can scan at the photo kiosk at the end of the ride. Then they will be linked through MDE where you will be able to view/purchase your photos if desired. You can also still obtain a photopass card from a photographer and have them scan that card every time you take a photo.

It takes very few pictures to pay the price you'd pay for MM. Just like 10. If you know you want just a few, and I mean just a few, and can stick to that, then don't buy it. Personally, we always buy it. I always want at least 10 pictures.

How do you know what photographer is doing Magical shots?
You just have to ask. For the most part it is only those using free standing cameras. Those with a tripod can't. But on our last trip one with a tripod did an animated magic shot.

They just started adding ride videos last October when I visited. At that time it was only 7DMT and ToT that had the videos. I don't think anything has been added since, but I may be wrong.

Sorry...what is MDE? Thanks!

My Disney Experience (app or website). This is how you view your photos, but last I heard the app did not work for viewing photos, you had to use the website from your phone or computer. It may have changed in the last few months.

Last edited:
We are heading to the World' on Friday and purchased the Memory Maker. While our trip is only 4 days long, it will be the first trip for my 4 month old son. Its tough juggling a camera and an infant, so for us its well worth the cost to have someone else taking the photos. =) Take advantage of the photographers around the parks and you'll have well over 200 photos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter