Memory Maker option w/ Annual Pass question...

jalaine

Mouseketeer
So my husband and I are thinking of getting annual passes for the upcoming year since we might be making several small trips to WDW this year. We are also planning on taking a family trip during this time. We've never bought APs before, and I noticed that the memory maker option is included with the AP. Does anyone know if only my and my husband's magic bands will work to link pictures for this for our family trip? Or will we be able to link our kids and my mom's band to that too so that they can get pictures included if we aren't with them with our bands. Does that make sense???

Like for our last family trip, I was able to link everyone's bands together and we could all tap our bands to get pictures added. If it's part of our AP, will only my husband's and my band work or can I link them again so everyone can tap their bands without purchasing TWO separate memory makers???

Only your magic bands will work, however, it is easy to just ask them to scan your magic band. There is no sharing with the AP.

Anyone who's on your and/or your husband's Friends and Family list will have their pictures added. And just to nitpick, it's not technically Memory Maker that's included on the APs. It's PhotoPass downloads, which is basically Memory Maker, except there's no time restrictions, other than the time that the AP is good for.

Anyone who's on your and/or your husband's Friends and Family list will have their pictures added. And just to nitpick, it's not technically Memory Maker that's included on the APs. It's PhotoPass downloads, which is basically Memory Maker, except there's no time restrictions, other than the time that the AP is good for.

Only the person with the new AP will have the ability to download the photos. Regardless of family and friends settings. It would be nice if just being linked by family and friends would give everyone the ability to download though. My sister has the new AP, and everyone else in our group has the old ones. Only she has the ability to download any of the pictures. I can see all my family and friends photos, but when I click them, it asks if I want to buy Memory Maker

Only the person with the new AP will have the ability to download the photos. Regardless of family and friends settings. It would be nice if just being linked by family and friends would give everyone the ability to download though. My sister has the new AP, and everyone else in our group has the old ones. Only she has the ability to download any of the pictures. I can see all my family and friends photos, but when I click them, it asks if I want to buy Memory Maker

That's not the question, though. The OP wants to know if pictures linked to her mom and kids' Magic Bands will show up on her account, which they will as long as they're on her Friends and Family list, and all those pictures can be downloaded by the OP.

Only your magic bands will work, however, it is easy to just ask them to scan your magic band. There is no sharing with the AP.
This is definitely not what everyone has been posting who has experience with this situation. Every post from a Platinum AP holder has reported that everyone's bands linked into their Friends and Family have had their pictures show up and the AP holder has been able to download all of their photos for free as well. Do you have experience otherwise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter